Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anybody using the "NO NAME" Clutch from RoadRaceEngineering?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naucrx
Ahh, ok. I have 500 miles on it so far. In rush hour traffic the car is either bucking like I'm learning to drive stick all over again, or the clutch is slipping so much that it smells like it's burning up. It is 100x easier to drive first thing in the morning, but as it heats up it feels like it's gripping more and the car becomes harder to drive. I don't mind the decel noise as much as the rough starts. I'm gonna take it in for an adjustment after I put some more miles on it and hope that it smooths out a little bit.

I have the same issue. Much smoother when the car is cold. Starts to shutter after the clutch heats up. It's even worse with the lightweight flywheel.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the RRE clutch and the same problem shifting at high RPMs, never had that problem with the stock clutch. When i first installed it the engaugment was really high so i adjusted it to be lower, maybe this is the reason? My question is, which way do you adjust the pedal to get it to shift at high RPMs again, do you want the engaugement very high like when you first step on the pedal, or close to the floor? Right now its pretty much in the middle for me and its not shifting like it used to so which is the way to go with it?