Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch line restrictor removal help with sliping clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch line restrictor removal help with sliping clutch?

friday i was haning out with my friend going down a highway and noticed when i went to do a pull in 4th gear from about 45 - 60 that the rpms kicked up to about 4k then back down to a little over 3500 then it grabs and goes fine thru the rest of the gears..

so.. i was wondering if pulling out the restriction in the clutch line would help this issue?

here is a how to from evomoto.com what do you evogods out there think would it help my stock clutch last longer? right now i have about 23k miles in the car i drive it hard but no real raceing

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php...=3_4&tech_id=4
Old Jan 17, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

it sounds like your clutch is slipping aka ur clutch is going bad. it sounds like the same problem i had. i would step on the gas the rpms would shoot up but the car would go no where. then they would drop back down and then the car would finally get moving.

if the problem u are having sounds like this...then ur clutch is going out. if thats the case i suggest that u drive like a grandma and lay off the boost. it should help the clutch last a little longer. but u may only have a couple of more weeks on that clutch if thats the problem
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

ya when i first got my car bout after 2k miles on it the syncros got replaced under warrnty the guy told me my clutch was bad then and said i maby had another 2k miles on it.. and this is 20+k miles later..

still hasnt answerd the question..

would taken the restrictor out of the clutch line help it live longer?
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

as for the clutch restictor pill. i heard it might (notice the word might) help save the clutch because i think the force will travel more to the TC and drivetrain. but if u go aftermarket a friend of mine thinks its best to have the restrictor in. just because most clamping forces from aftermarket clutchs are stronger than stock and might put to most force on the TC and driveline.

but i would also wait until u hear more about this from members who done it with a stock and aftermarket.

what will help is a steel braided clutch line. that really should help save ur clutch.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

aight well with some after market clutches like act ( atc forget wich way the letters go ) they say you should remove the pill because it doesnt allow full clamping sometimes and thats what i feel is going on now.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

well since i havent done this mod yet, im not sure if it would help ur clutch last longer. but it wont hurt to try it and see what happens. also if u dont have one, get a steel braided clutch line. that should really help too. as for aftermarket clutch saying to remove the pill, i would just go along what they said. they (ACT) knows about clutches. but just be patient and more people will help u with this proble and also trying do a search on the removal of the clutch restrictor. u might find something there too.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

The only thing that will save your clutch after it is already slipping is driving like a grandma or not driving at all. Removing the pill lets the clutch engage faster and the stainless line is supposed to increase travel so your clutch disengages more completely. They both are supposed to reduce slippage so your clutch doesn't get to the point your is already at.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

aight so my temp fix isnt going to work.. but the boost controler turned down isnt letting it slip any more so ill just drive it nicer till i get a grand or more till i can get it replaced

:-\ sucks but what i was thinkn would be

i might try this weekend to remove the pill for kicks n giggles nothing to loss