Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschurracing's Upgraded 20g who wants it..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschurracing's Upgraded 20g who wants it..

I mean over a 35r, 40r, 30r? Ive been thinking on this one for along time. It seems everyone is going with the 30r or 35r, so what do all you guys think out there that have delt with the 20g's and what kind of times do you think someone like my self with stages 1-4, AEM EMS, ported and polished head,tubular header, egal rods, wesco pistons, alcohol injec., could expect? So far the best time I have had was 11.9 befor the alcohol and motor build up. Im really torn on this one guys.....but I think this turbo is going to bada**
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

i ahve heard good things from all my dsm friends about the 20G.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:10 PM

Right now it is too hard to tell which setup will be the best...

If the 20G upgrades perform as expected, I am sure there will be more orders that can be handled. I personally want to wait and see how the initial testing goes and see what the first group of buyers have to say after the install and tune.

I am very interested in the differences between the basic upgraded 03 turbo, the upgraded 05 turbo (~$800) and the full TI/10.5 upgraded turbo to see if it's worth spending the additional $$$ (~$1500) on the most expensive option.

It will also be interesting to see the effects of porting and coatings on these combinations and if that is worth the added cost to each option..... We have so much speculation around each variation and it will be nice to see what the actual average gains are...
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

i'm going 20g when it's available, if not i'm going Greddy t67. at this point of needing a new clutch and IC+pipes, i can wait...
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

im gonna go 20g cause i want to retain the stock spool and look.
im just not into "bigger"... but then again, its for daily use.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I really like the stealth factor and the spool-up of the 20G. ****, even the dealer wont be able to tell!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

I'm thinking about it.. I like the idea that the dealer wont be able to tell the difference.. stealth is a big plus for me.

I'd like to see dyno sheets though.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

20G for me. Great spool up and stock looking unit.

Derek
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

My perfomance ambitions of 400 brake HP from 91 octane on a hot northern CA day will be well satisfied with the 20G (if it works out which is yet to be determined). If I were going to run a built head and rolling assembly I would be going with a larger turbo all the way.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

See thats why Im torn......built motor=big turbo. But again Ill be safe running this turbo all day and be able to spool it up like stock with the bigger pistons and ported head. Grrrrrrr so many decisons....
Old Jan 18, 2005, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The biggest advantages are going to be reliability, performance, and what nobody ever seems to take into account SERVICEABILITY.. I don't know about you guys, but getting stuck in a strange place, far away from home, with custom parts and no way to fix it scares the begeezus out of me.. I'd much rather use components that can be easily swapped with stock if necessary to get running and back home.. Too much proprietary stuff leads to nightmares.

Big turbos just SUCK for drivability.. anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't drive their car every day in different traffic situations. Big turbos make big power, but many of the people I've spoken to with aftermarket big turbos usually wishes they had their stock turbo back.

Laying your unit on the table is good for some people, but solid reliability ranks way higher than big dyno numbers.

Fortunately, the 20G appears to be a great compromise, you can get really good gains, almost stock drivability, and of course, the ability to easily swap the turbo or any of its components on the road if you get stuck.. You really can't say any of that about any other turbo option other than stock replacements.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

How much of a difference does the 20G do in power and spool-up wise? I haven't really read about it at all but now after reading this thread, it's beginning to get me interested
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

waiting pacitantly (sp) for this to come. oh yes, even b4 i see it, i know i want one. had a frank 2 on a dsm (almost the same as a 20g) and loved it. I need more miles on my car so i can start the fun.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Some are talking 50whp up top.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's good to be back to this site. I had a 20G on my GSX before I lost oil pressure and the turbo got cooked. Excellent turbo on that 4g63, it was spooling for me around 3300 rpm. I agree with everyone that says if you want stock like reliability then its a good choice. The mitsu mechanics should be able to tell the difference between the 16g and 20g if they know what they are talking about. You'd be chancing it by taking it for warranty work with the 20g.

Quick Reply: Buschurracing's Upgraded 20g who wants it..