Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

comparing manifolds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the DNP manifold fit with the stock turbo? I saw two on their website, one for the T3/T4 and another that looked the same, both the same price also. I was just wondering which one fits to the stock turbo.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
We are the only one that make the equal length Ram Horn design for the EVO.
really? didn't know. Good stuff. I guess you guys supply the manifold for other shops.

how much was that?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

AMS builds their own. Buschur uses cast. ATP uses stock. TT uses Shearer. We build our own. Everyone has their own way of doing things.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
They are as equal length as they are going to get while still fitting perfectly in the stock location.
Gotcha, Marketing in it's glory. Close enough to equal length is good enough to advertise as such.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, like I said they are equal length. Our manifolds have proven to work really well and not crack.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

It's all about the collector
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
In a normally aspirated car, differences in otherwise 'equal length' of even 1/4" can compromise the design. I do not feel this is nearly as critical in a turbo application.

Bolesn is correct in that the collector design is absolutely important - but again, more so in a normally aspirated application.

The ideal tubular manifold for a turbo car is one that employs equal length runners with the least amount of bends and of the same cross sectional area as the exhaust port opening, made of appropriate material and of a gauge heavy enough to retain ample heat.

Since it is almost impossible to satisfy the optimum design for all of these criteria in a street vehicle, every product offered will always represent some degree of compromise.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With the design/build quality of the RnR mani being pretty slick it would be a shame to cover it up but will either the stock or one of the aftermarket heat shields fit?

Stealth=Good!
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On Turbotrix's site for thier Turbo Kit it is a DNP Manifold however on Shearer's site they say Turbotrix is a reseller... Why is that?? I am getting ready to dump around 5 grand of parts in my car but am stuck on the turbo. Ill post a new thread with all that but maybe someone knows why Turbotrix's pics have the DNP manifold?
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think TT is having DNP build the manifolds for their turbo kit. Given DNP's quality and reputation, that gives TT's turbo kit a plus in my book.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

We were using dnp for our kit, but we had to modift the sh$t out of it to get it to work. Shearer manifolds are a bit more money, but we dont have to custom fab anything. His are a "true " equal length and are built to last. All the tubing is .110 and the flange is super thick. I've seen alot of other people with 1g style looking manfolds where you can practicly see through the collector.. The website hasnt been updated that is all .

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a pic of our manifolds.
Attached Thumbnails comparing manifolds-rnr-version-2-012-2-.jpg  
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

I'll go with the equal length manifold that actually is "equal length". Good work Turbotrix and Shearer.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Our equal length manifold has a much better collector design as well. There are so many different factors you must consider when designing the best manifold. Our manifolds have proven to be bullet proof and work really well.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Care to post pictures of your collector? I'd like to see some evidence for such a stellar claim.

I'm not picking a fight here, I just believe in having a properly educated and informed customer. Misinforming people and telling fallacies about a product to get another unit out the door is not good practice in my opinion.

Quick Reply: comparing manifolds