Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

I got Intake, injen with i/c pipe. Any INSTALL Sug.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got Intake, injen with i/c pipe. Any INSTALL Sug.

today was a great day for the evo, because now it has come closer to having its first performance part installed. but before i put the intake in i would like some input from all the people that have installed before.

injen cold air intake system with upper intercooler pipe

please, list any problems, tips, better ways of doing it. anything that you guys can think of that will help me make this a smooth install would be great.

thanks alot!!!!

oh and please fell free to post pics if able. (makes thread better)
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

oh and one more quick question, does anyone know if the little mushroom filter is needed for the hose that comes off of the engine on the battery side. i see alot of people installing those little filters, are they necessary to making it work better? whats the deal let me know.

thanks
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

You can do a search, this system has been put on alot of evos already with pics as well.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

i did a search and read all the treads and was looking for a combined sensus, and more detailed. most threads just tell about the noise that it makes.

im looking for more detail directions for a smoother install.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That little mushroom filter is the HKS, you don't need it because the Injen comes with a filter already and works great with the setup. Take your time when doing the install, I had a buddy help and we removed the entire front bumper to make the piping intall much easier. Here's a couple pics.

Last edited by tke_413; Feb 1, 2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlewBuYou66
i did a search and read all the treads and was looking for a combined sensus, and more detailed. most threads just tell about the noise that it makes.

im looking for more detail directions for a smoother install.
IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILED DIRECTIONS that have been posted already, i don't think you should be wrenching on your car .
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

oh so the injen comes with that little filter nice.
did your pipes have like a residue on the inside, like dust almost?
also did your pipes look like they were freshly dipped in chrome, because mine if ya look close can see little imperfections.

oh and thanks for the help!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just take a clean rag and run it through the pipes before install. Mine came perfect, but they get dirty quick...so don't worry about minor imperfections.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILED DIRECTIONS that have been posted already, i don't think you should be wrenching on your car .
okay, for all the slow people out there here goes. i'll try not to use big words for you.

i was looking for tips on how to put on intake smoother. so i asked for help. the fools that post and say that i should have done a search couldnt find water if they fell out of a boat, so anyways.

if you havbe any tips please post. and if you want to reply to this post dont, becasue it useless. thats for you VTECH8TR. oh and have a nice day.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlewBuYou66
okay, for all the slow people out there here goes. i'll try not to use big words for you.

i was looking for tips on how to put on intake smoother. so i asked for help. the fools that post and say that i should have done a search couldnt find water if they fell out of a boat, so anyways.

if you havbe any tips please post. and if you want to reply to this post dont, becasue it useless. thats for you VTECH8TR. oh and have a nice day.
I was just pointing out to you like the rest of the NEWBIES in here to use the SEARCH key. In this case their would be unnecessary posts on THE SAME THING being posted over and over . Ohh have a nice day to you as well.

Last edited by VTECH8TR; Feb 1, 2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

ok you are of no help, and stop with that newbie crap. just because u have more posts doesnt make you special. well i guess it makes you special in your own way! but sorry, i used the search key, in fact i use the advanced search.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

When you're removing the stock airbox remember that the MAF wires are attached to it. Just pop off the little clip and you're good to go. I couldn't figure out what was holding the box in and almost started yanking on it. Upon closer inspection it was this little bad boy. Pay no attention to the hater, southern hospitality does still exist despite what some people say.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

well, i have not put any parts on my car yet, aside from mt blitz dual TT... but after monky'n under my hood and removing things just to put them back on again here is some tips i can offer to you

1.) if you have them, wear latex surgical gloves or "mechanix wear gloves. keeps your hands clean, and also helps from getting them cut and scratched.

2.) when i removed my front bumber cover to clean off my IC i didn't remove the factory underbody spoiler/defuser (or whatever you wanna call it) i just left it on the car. but be careful, as to your factory IC spray line is connected to your bumper cover and i couldnt figure what was holding my bumper on the car... i almost broke the line locating the hose.. there is a seperation in the line just near the driver side head light, a little dark blue fitting. that's where i disconnected mine.

3.) try to remove any items that may get in the way of your install. (battery, the actual front bumper support, anything that comes up) so you wont have to worry about scratching up the surface of your shiny pipes, i mangled my AEM CAI on my old honda because the hole in the fender wasnt big enough from the factory...

4.) TAKE YOUR TIME, there are hundreds of little pieces that connect to everything like the MAF sensor connector that JUDE had an issue with, i had the same issue... >.< and the IC spray line... if you're of age, invite over a friend who enjoys this stuff as much as you do and have a beer with him. working on this kind of car is almost a religious experience. share it with someone! lol

if you can, run down to mitsu and see if you can buy a mitsu lancer evo viii genuine service shop manual. for about $20-30 that will tell you where EVERY nut bolt and screw is located. a must for anyone who is doing thier own work

hope this helps!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Take you're time and make sure you have all the tools necessary, the install should be pretty straight foward, if you have any buddies who've worked on cars before have them help you. Have fun and good luck.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the help guys. yeah i got a buddy whos gonna help me, hes all into hooking up cars. he had a sweet rsx type-s with mad work done, and it was pretty fast for no turbo or anything. he crashed his whip and now has a new Acura TL 6 speed. but anyway thanks ill keep everything in mind and hopefully we wont run into any problems.

Quick Reply: I got Intake, injen with i/c pipe. Any INSTALL Sug.