Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car is bucking? HELP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is bucking? HELP

Friday after work I took my car to the auto hobby shop on base, and started to fix my car. I think I fixed the problem but now I have a new problem.
The leak that I fixed was a boost leak from the Lower Intercooler pipe where it meets the turbo. The car was not holding boost and made a whine/whistle at about four grand all the way to redline.
So I put the car on a lift and took off the splash sheild, droped the starter, took off the pipe, checked the flange best I could, then I made a new gasket out of exhaust gasket material. (the old gasket was thin and made out of metal.) I put it all back together.
I drove it about a 1/2 mile and every thing seemed to be perfect. Pulled hard all the way to redline. no strange noises. I was happy. I dident have time to dial in the boost and see if it was rock solid. Before it started acting up.
As soon as the engine started making boost the car would stutter and buck. I had to let off the gas. the car runs fine under vacume but right at 0-5 PSI the car starts bucking. It seems like its not getting gas?? I had to pull over and check things out. I thought I blew a hose off or something? Things looked OK.
I got the car home. but not before a SES light came on.
This morning I popped the hood disconnected the battery, and checked my hose connections again. I drove it again and got the same problems.
What did I do?? Do you think a injector is clogged with a small piece of gasket??? Big boost Leak??? Help
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

The first problem started after I upgraded to the Buschur Deluxe FMIC.

Last edited by Deepseadiver; Feb 5, 2005 at 07:52 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like the turbo starts to spool but no power then starts to buck and stutter. I played with the MBC and got to 10PSI before it happens any ideas??
Old Feb 5, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

I am thinking about going back to the old gaskest and see if by some chance that it might fix it. It is muddy in my drive way. I might have to wait.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I switched back to the old gasket and things are much better. The gasket that I put in blew apart.

I still have a whistle/whine under full boost. Now Boost seems to spike/surge. Spike at 21 drops to 19 then builds back up. ??

First is that normal for the Buschur Deluxe FMIC to make a whistle/wine under boost? I had to switch my boost sources from the Lower I/C pipe (turbo nippel) to the vacume line on the front right corner of the valve cover. Is this causing my surge in boost pressure? Should I switch to the stiffer spring? I am using the hallman MBC.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

my car bucks when it builds boost after i instaled the 255 lph walboro fuel pump, it rain perfect for an hour. Punched it an hour later it stutters around 3k when i give it gas. I think i needa get my car tuned?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

possably compressor surge happens when u let off boost??

check to see if ur bov / deverter is in backwards

or possably might need adjustments.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

it's not that, my car bucks whener i punch it and if the turbo spools my car goes vroom vroom vroom and it humps itself 8- ( I'm pretty sure it isnt even the bov, had no problems since i put it on and its workin good. I just read another thread, maybe I am hitting boost cut? because i think when turbo spools since im not tuned yet and the stock ecu boost cut is 23 boost or psi or so, maybe im passing this?