Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Change..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Clutch Change..

Hi.. my searches for a new clutch lead me to ClutchNet who sell for the evo7 specifically (they say it's the same as the 8's own)..

They recommended the Sport-Street "FIBER-CARBON PRO" ™ Sprung Hub shown in their webpage :

http://www.clutchnet.com/make/prodDesc.html

They said it'd be the best for performance and street use, durable, does not vibrate and does not slip... (Disc + Clutch = $550)

I thought whether anyone has tried the product..

Feedback appreciated as i have to order the set by tomorrow..

Thank you,

Wael
Evo7
Old Feb 10, 2005, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Waz996
Hi.. my searches for a new clutch lead me to ClutchNet who sell for the evo7 specifically (they say it's the same as the 8's own)..

They recommended the Sport-Street "FIBER-CARBON PRO" ™ Sprung Hub shown in their webpage :

http://www.clutchnet.com/make/prodDesc.html

They said it'd be the best for performance and street use, durable, does not vibrate and does not slip... (Disc + Clutch = $550)

I thought whether anyone has tried the product..

Feedback appreciated as i have to order the set by tomorrow..

Thank you,

Wael
Evo7
The EVO 7 clutch bolts right up to the EVO 8 flywheel. ACTually the EVO 8 uses the exact same flywheel. But... the stock clutches cannot be interchanged. The EVO 7 pressure plate has a totally different geometry than the EVO 8 and the operating system doesn't have enough travel to accomodate the EVO 7 pressure plate. The EVO 7 has much more mechanical advantage (basically leverage) built into it which means that it takes more travel to operate.

I am not sure if you misunderstood, were mis-informed, or ClutchNet has something totally different that I am not aware of, but be careful the pressure plate is correct. Exedy for instance has a totally different setup (on their Hyper clutches) that does replace both EVO 7 and 8 with the same parts. They simply compromise on the leverage so they can be used on both vehicles. The Exedy Sport clutches on the other hand are totally different on the EVO 7 and 8. It gets confusing since the parts look and bolt up the same.

I don't think it is appropriate for me to comment on the ClutchNet product (or other competitors) so I will stay away from that question.