Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ok big turbo guys..I want some advise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok big turbo guys..I want some advise

Ok so here is the situation, Im shooting for 500HP with good spool. I want some suggestions. What do you guys think about the BR500? I want to know from people who actually have a big turbo...how laggy is the 500? Any other good turbos with little lag??

Whats the best option??
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Check the vid in my sig, it was from a 3000rpm roll in third gear. I really like this turbo, very streetable, pretty quick spool and monster pull from 3500 on.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

I AGREE!! Any reviews on Buschur BB turbo kits (BR500 & BR580) ??

SEARCHED and found....
4ringturncoat review and video (Sweet) and this kit seems great. Also saw one by Dan @ Pruven but he modded his kit with external w/gate and back housing, promised a full review but thread seemed to fade....

Anyone else with review and DYNO sheets and #'s.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I think Al has tuned just about all of the variations of the BR turbos. I don't know what ones he did on a road tune or Dyno.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

im no only lookin to find out about the BR Turbos..... i want to know from anyone who has upgraded their turbos (whether it be a BR or any other) what their expereince has been so far. Im really looking for drivabilty on the street, something thats not super laggy..i have SEARCHED plenty of times...but there hasnt been to much on peoples daily driving experiences (as opposed to dyno sheets...which are important but i would trade 40HP for a quick spool any day....thats all)
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

I personaly don't have it, but check out the AMS turbos. Exceptional quality in every aspect and awesome spool!!!

http://www.automotosports.com/evo_gt_kit.asp
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

yea i have heard good things about their kits....i like how they post the spool range

What does the stock turbo spool at? I never really looked at it now that i think about it!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

how about the rnr gt35r turbo kit with their sick manifold anybody with any reveiws on that??
Old Mar 2, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

RNR, AMS, Bushur, anything else....nobody has upgraded their turbos?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

5pm bump for people who actually did a turbo upgrade...opinions please!!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I ran my BR500 turbo kit with 272's, greddy front mount intercooler, 2.5" piping, AEM ems, walbro pump, and 680 injectors and was making boost at 4k rpm and then BAM from 4,200 all the way to 8k, the car pulled like a monster. I made 386whp on straight pump gas, 440whp with 3 gallons of c-16 mixed into the tank at only 23psi of boost. I ran this kit on a daily basis in my car and it was insane, like I said from 4k up the car was unbelievable..........

The kit is super kick *** and I've been selling it for $1,500 complete but have been getting lowballed and called by a bunch of dreamers who want a $2,300 kit for $1,000 . I no longer have the car, but I wont give away such an awesome kit.

There are several kits out there for you to choose, but in all honesty the stock turbo with other mods is a very difficult one to match. When I run my next EVO, it will strictly be a Buschur STAGE IV with a sheetmetal intake, pistons, rods, and definitely the stock turbo, whether it be ported or with a better back half on it. The response of the stock turbo is very hard to beat for a daily driver so think about it........

You can spend $2,500+ on other better supporting mods, keep your stock turbo and be VERY happy with the performance of your car........choice is yours, GOOD LUCK and remember "DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!" and you'll be all
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

thanx for the info 4bangr!!! i will def keep that in mind!!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

As DA-4BANGA said the stock turbo is a great match for the evo, it is truly unbelieve able how much hp that turbo can put out if tuned correctly. The stock 16g flows very well at 3000 rpm up to about 6800 and is very tunable on pump gas so hands down for the best all around it is going to be hard to be beat when you factor in price, fit and everything.

If you want 500 hp on race fuel go with a GT30/BR500 size turbo on a stock motor. If you are built or building the motor go for the GT35/BR580 size turbo. This is just my opinion, I run the RnR GT3076 .63 backside with the TO4S .ar70 compressor housing and I love it. It is a very good even for a daily driver.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
/\ what are u making off the rnr gt3076 im in the exact same boat as nyredevo i want 450 ish on pump and 500 so on race.... not as worried about spool but would Definitly like to b able to drive it daily lol.......

evoisdream
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi,

I got a call today from a guy that has set up more EVO's for road racing than probably any other single guy in the country. HE was interested in buying the BR500BB for a customers car. He told me that after driving Robert Fullers car with this turbo on it he has never felt a more linear balanced turbo on an EVO. I was actually surprised by this with all the cars I know he has had the chance to drive/set up.

We made 505 whp with the BR500, non ballbearing turbo, last year. This was on race gas.

The stock turbo is extremely hard to beat on the EVO in my opinion, and I sell quite a few different turbos for the car. My RS is making 387 whp right now on 94 octane and does it almost instantly. This makes for a very very fun car to drive.

As a side note we dyno'd a customers car today on the BB580 kit, which is a GT35R. This car has every single part on it from us and has everything we make on it. I tuned the car with the AEM EMS. To make this short since I am making a long post about it after I do this.......the car made 624 whp and 576 ft lbs at 30 psi of boost. I turned the boost down so it hit a peak of 22 psi, still on race gas but wanted an idea what it might make on pump and it still put 513 whp down.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Ok big turbo guys..I want some advise