Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Stock Turbo Record !!!!! 435 awhp 436tq!!!! STOCK ECU, STOCK BLOCK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
he traped 137 at the track .
have another , 2nd thought you need to be cut off

Last edited by matt55; Mar 20, 2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That car did not trap 137, it trapped 117, which is nowhere near what a 469whp Evo would trap.

Don't lecture me with your run-on sentences regarding changing settings in the Mustang Dyno. You went through all that trouble only to look past the only thing that matters - roll weight. I'm not talking about those user-defined settings that can be changed; I already knew all that. Regardless, if you think the Aerocomp dyno doesn't read like a Dynojet, then this is a useless discussion anyway.

The 469 (or 459, although the thread still says 469 here on EvoM) was not legit and Jesus has never put down a trap speed remotely close to that whp figure.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NAMAHS,

Congrats indeed for such great numbers but I am aware that TTP engineering(Scott's Evo 8 MR) was making already 445tq on stock block, stock turbo and stock ECU as well months and months ago.

Don't go to far, I am making 364tq on a Mustang Dyno which converts to about 410-420 tq on a dynojet and that is with just 91oct. I am very very confident with the mods I just added(Bigger intercooler, headers) and the tuning coming up with methanol I can match your Torque and I haven't even mentioned using race gas yet.

But lets just admit the facts, 437/436tq is a great number, congrats on that great achievement , that tell us how capable this cars are. I give you a lot of credit for it.

Carlos
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by namahs
the cams are great, the stock turbo has about 25 more horsepower in it, if we can hold the boost until redline, dan
try taking the wastegate actuator off & turning the turnbuckle all the way down. that's what i did to hold boost longer...
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Housedj, you say that every time like people don't know. His boost is holding quite well already (23psi at 7k). Don't you realize by now that the stock turbo is physically INCAPABLE of pushing more boost than that at high rpm? It's just not able to do it...
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

the stock turbo is running out of steam at high RPM which is why an aggressive set of cams carry it. they can squeeze maybe 3 more psi out of it with some more timing. or switch to cams with more lift as evos need that more than duration...
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
try taking the wastegate actuator off & turning the turnbuckle all the way down. that's what i did to hold boost longer...
HouseDJ,

I tried that trick on my first Renault Super 5 turbo II "cup" version some 13 years ago. The theory behind that is that the waste gate rod would hold/delay the aperture of the waste gate longer thus building more boost.

The downside is that not only you have to make constant painstaking rod adjustments which they are already difficult to made by nature(location of the turbo and extreme heat) but also the pressure of the rod agaisnt the diafragm of the actual waste gate solenoid is absolutely disproportional.

Your suggestion is good for absolutely minimal adjustments and only is good if you don't have other means of adjusting the boost, ie MBC or a waste gate solenoid replacement.

Like I said before, my first turbo car was a Renault 5 Turbo and I had the turbo positioned right in the top of the engine, just behind the TB but above the header, it use to take me virtually 20-30 sec to adjust the rod with two 10 milimeter metric wrenches. That method is very old and not recommendable but like you said it works ..

My .2c

Carlos
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
HouseDJ,

The downside is that not only you have to make constant painstaking rod adjustments which they are already difficult to made by nature(location of the turbo and extreme heat) but also the pressure of the rod agaisnt the diafragm of the actual waste gate solenoid is absolutely disproportional.

Your suggestion is good for absolutely minimal adjustments and only is good if you don't have other means of adjusting the boost, ie MBC or a waste gate solenoid replacement. Carlos
i adjusted it all the way down & left it there. since i'm using Hallmans on both evos, the boost solenoids are bypassed...
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Way to go, I also have HALLMAN ,no problems at all..

Carlos
Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
NAMAHS,

Congrats indeed for such great numbers but I am aware that TTP engineering(Scott's Evo 8 MR) was making already 445tq on stock block, stock turbo and stock ECU as well months and months ago.

Don't go to far, I am making 364tq on a Mustang Dyno which converts to about 410-420 tq on a dynojet and that is with just 91oct. I am very very confident with the mods I just added(Bigger intercooler, headers) and the tuning coming up with methanol I can match your Torque and I haven't even mentioned using race gas yet.

But lets just admit the facts, 437/436tq is a great number, congrats on that great achievement , that tell us how capable this cars are. I give you a lot of credit for it.

Carlos
hey, thanks for the props. i did this in march of 2005, check out the date on the first post. we ripped the stock turbo out after that and broke the stock block record. we are working on breaking some more records in the next few weeks.
dan
Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

lol
Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

then who ever this car is then they calm jose was behind the wheel
Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Ok...im a lil confused....how is this car on a Buschur stage 4 making that much power?? I know the meth & c16 makes a difference but those are some sick numbers...
Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Funny A (I wont name the Tuner) told me I could not get 400whp on stock turbo?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170

lol
Congratulations that stock turbo evo has 200 more hp than every other stock turbo evo in the world with the same mods

Last edited by matt55; Mar 22, 2006 at 06:49 AM.

Quick Reply: New Stock Turbo Record !!!!! 435 awhp 436tq!!!! STOCK ECU, STOCK BLOCK