Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO VIII Dyno Result!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by gtr
I'm hoping the only thing differnt between the US and euro is the computer mapping
My guesses are there too. Especially since car is running 19 psi (16 at the end) which should give it a bit more then just what numbers are.

Also, 19 psi is a lot of pressure for the 91 octane that we get in most parts of the country (luckily not here where I am). My car wouldn't be able to run that much even on the 93. There would be a lot of knock and car wouldn't be a happy camper at the WOT. So, the only way to get away with that kind of boost and 91 octane gas is by retarding the timing a bit more then it should be. Other thing would be to make everything running way too rich. The stock fuel maps give me a little bit over 9:1 air/fuel ratio (somewhere around 9.25 to be more exact), so with even more fuel in there, 19 psi would be possible. But that kind of goes against the emission, unless the cat that is in there is capable of taking all of the bad stuff that is left over out of the equation.

So, if that is what they did here, things should be great!!

Fedja
Old Jan 22, 2003, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vishnu is suppose to get the Evo 8. I hope its there by the time the DSM meet happens at Vishnu next month. Then we can see the real dyno numbers, and the dyno for my car as well .
Old Jan 22, 2003, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Ev0six
Vishnu is suppose to get the Evo 8. I hope its there by the time the DSM meet happens at Vishnu next month. Then we can see the real dyno numbers, and the dyno for my car as well .
What do you think that your car is making right now (HP wise)?

Also, do you have any time slips of it?

Thanks

Fedja
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Ben. We should have parts for the STI a few weeks after it is released. As for the Stage 3 car, over 300 wheel horsepower on our dyno will not be an issue. An early prototype has already made 370 wheel horsepower in testing which is 210 wheel horsepower over stock. Stock motor with no porting or fortified internals and very, very fast.

Brett.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:11 AM
Ben
Evolving Member

Damn.

See people Shiv knows his stuff, 370 whp on a stock internal EJ20. They don't tune to the ragged edge either, they always have their margin of safety. You can't get that from just trial and error.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the 2.5 STi. If I get one I'll have to atleast spring for a reflash and the signiture series exhaust, that's a work of art. To bad it's mostly out of sight on the car.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

I leave for 24 hours and this thread blows up!

I guess my "late night math" didn't turn out to be the most precise, but now after reading this thread, I am more confused than ever.

1. Does the dyno reading at 230 mean anything?

2. What exactly is the drivetrain loss on the EVO?

3. Do you measure drivetrain loss once or is it a percentage against the total hp output?

I guess I'll check back in 24 hours for another 5 pages!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 07:40 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Turboniam
I leave for 24 hours and this thread blows up!

I guess my "late night math" didn't turn out to be the most precise, but now after reading this thread, I am more confused than ever.

1. Does the dyno reading at 230 mean anything?

2. What exactly is the drivetrain loss on the EVO?

3. Do you measure drivetrain loss once or is it a percentage against the total hp output?

I guess I'll check back in 24 hours for another 5 pages!
What we do know is that the evo has 40-42 more wheel hp over the stock wrx. The difference in wheel hp tested on the same dyno same day should be fairly accurate.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Do you measure drivetrain loss once or is it a percentage against the total hp output?
You measure with %..plain and simple..that is the best way and the way it is always done. The Evo is somewhere around 24% loss.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:47 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally posted by broeli
You measure with %..plain and simple..that is the best way and the way it is always done. The Evo is somewhere around 24% loss.
Unless your name is Shiv.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ben
Damn.

See people Shiv knows his stuff, 370 whp on a stock internal EJ20. They don't tune to the ragged edge either, they always have their margin of safety. You can't get that from just trial and error.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the 2.5 STi. If I get one I'll have to atleast spring for a reflash and the signiture series exhaust, that's a work of art. To bad it's mostly out of sight on the car.
Originally posted by DSMBRETT
Hello Ben. We should have parts for the STI a few weeks after it is released. As for the Stage 3 car, over 300 wheel horsepower on our dyno will not be an issue. An early prototype has already made 370 wheel horsepower in testing which is 210 wheel horsepower over stock. Stock motor with no porting or fortified internals and very, very fast.

Brett.
Just wondering, is this a scooby board , did the PMs go down or something?
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

We are also obviously anxious to receive our shop EVO VIII and start going to town on it! It is a great time to be a Japanese car enthusiast.

Brett.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:41 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DSMBRETT, did you take a look at the torque curves? Anways so shiv is planning to tune the U.S. evo 8?
Old Jan 23, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

We will have a full product line similar to our WRX offerings for the EVO VIII shortly after it's US release.

Brett.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by broeli

So you multiply the drivetrain loss by the total hp made by the car regardless if it is 271hp or 471hp?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by DSMBRETT
We will have a full product line similar to our WRX offerings for the EVO VIII shortly after it's US release.

Brett.
that sounds great Brett...I look forward to hearing about the break-throughs of your EVO's ECU/EMS...kinda like the WRX, it would be great to have options as simple as a ECU reflash to something a little more user controlled like the XEDE, and a bit more hardcore ala TECIII/Autronic PnP for the EVO...good luck...

Ryan

Quick Reply: EVO VIII Dyno Result!