Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

412 tq (stock turbo) on 93 pump gas with Dyno Flash and Alcohol kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any way I can get a bolt on kit for my 2005 evo?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
That is one very nice dyno chart. Nice job Al.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
wow awesome... nice job al
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyNavy
I'm installing your kit next week with similar mods already. How much power would he or I lose by using wiper fluid vice straight alky? My car made 366 on 94. I'd like to get close to 400 on 92. Doable on washer fluid?
I plan on doing some testing in the near future in conjunction with a magzine article I am writing about the alcohol kit. I will be testing various combinations and mixes or ethanol, methanol, rubbing alcohol, water and windshield washer fluid

My prediction is that 50 / 50% h20 and denatured alcohol will make almost the same power as staight alcohol - but testing is how I like to proceed
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
any way I can get a bolt on kit for my 2005 evo?
Call Buschur - they have a generic kit - not a bolt in but close. In the meatime I have ordered a special alum tank to test which I think will work and create a really nice looking piece - it will take two weeks to arrive from overseas.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
loveing the results of the alky kit!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
great number!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:57 PM

Well on the Turbo Trix site Evo-Doer made more HP than your busher equipped methanol injected car did on Race gas. Personally I'd rather go that route.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by cHuCkUfArLiE
Well on the Turbo Trix site Evo-Doer made more HP than your busher equipped methanol injected car did on Race gas. Personally I'd rather go that route.
That is a very simplistic statement and of course there is more to the story than a peak #

Also - comaprin these two cars is like comparing apples and oranges

Here is teh TT dyno sheet with $2,000 aem system on RACE gas

Note that despite the fact that its on race gas with no MAF sensor the tq is less and the power curve falls off up top. Also this guy is on 280 cams while my customer has 264

Here is the pump gas dyno sheet

Any my customer's sheet with pump gas, alcohol and STOCK MAF sensor

I am not saying that the TT tune is bad - in fact is good. I am just refuting your simplistic staement - he made more power. In fact - even though the meak # was sligtly higher at spool up there is more tq on my customer's car and more power and tq at 7,000 rpms also. - A more broad and even power band equals a faster car.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Mar 24, 2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

WOW!
Al, I take it I should be getting the same type of output. You tuned my car at Buschur back in Feb.

Stage 1-4
272's
680 inject
alky (denatured) set to start at 17psi and max out at 22psi. Should I set it up different?
Turbo hits 23psi and tappers to 20-21.

I'll be taking her to the track on Saturday to see what she'll do . April 30 I'm going to put her on a dyno pack and see what #'s will come up.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:48 PM

SO :This tune is a busher Stage 4 on Race gas

You You added methanol to this tune?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:58 PM

The Turbo Trix car does not have any of these add on parts

I disagree:660cc Injectors,FMIC,IC Pipes, The TT car made more power, and torque without these components, They even had the Stock air box Wow!<This is what I can see. Torque moves you, HP is what you need on top. Both are strong, but Id rather have a HP car than a alcohol car. If the TT car installed the components that are in the busher car, Those #s would be increased too. The TT car made great #s for having hardly any additions is what i'm saying. I like that very much. Also the TT car made more HP, and similar torque than your alcohol/pump tune. That is Apples to apples. That car runs strong with out any power assistants. Very cool.

EVO VIII UPGRADE SEQUENCE
STAGE 4
In Stage 3 we were able to achieve our best numbers at 19-20 psi on pump gas before we hit fuel cut. In order to work our way around the fuel cut issue with the stock ecu and Super AFC2, we installed larger 660cc injectors and a 255 lph fuel pump. Utilizing race fuel, we were able to retune the car for a peak boost of 24psi which would immediately settle to 20-21 psi due to the limitations of the stock turbocharger's compressor wheel. Although we were still able to increase the peak horsepower (now up to 380.8 whp), the torque increase was substantial to say the least. Previous best torque was 303.9 ft/lbs in Stage 3, but has increased to 349.1 ft/lbs @ 4500 rpm as measured at the wheels!
CLICK TO ENLARGE
1/4 MILE PERFORMANCE OF BR EVO VIII WITH BUSCHUR RACING STAGE 4 PKG:

60FT -
1/8 ET-
1/8 MPH-
1/4 ET-
1/4 MPH-

CLICK TO ENLARGE
Stage 4 package as tuned with the Buschur Racing Flash Tuned ECU. This dyno chart was produced utilizing race gas and higher boost. Run 70 shows the result of higher peak boost. This run produced higher peak performance, however the heat generated by working the turbo that hard sacrificed some high end output. Run 72 shows a little more conservative tuning and is the run our Stage 4 ECU flash is based on. As with any of our flashes, you can use the SAFCII to fine tune the a/f ratio to your particular needs. AS TESTED:

FUEL - RACEGAS

BOOST - 24 PSI PEAK, SETTLING TO 20-21 PSI
BOOST CONTROL - BR MANUAL BOOST CONTROL

INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS - HKS 264 INTAKE AND 264 EXHAUST CAMSHAFTS

TURBO MODIFICATIONS - NONE

INTERCOOLER - BR FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS - BR AIR FILTER KIT, BR UPPER I/C PIPE KIT, BR MAF PIPE KIT, BR BATTERY KIT

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS - BR 3" FULL EXHAUST

CATALYTIC CONVERTER - NONE

ECU MODIFICATIONS - NONE (BUSCHUR RACING ECU FLASH AVAILABLE)

FUEL TUNING MODIFICATIONS - SUPER AFC w/BR CALIBRATION (STAGE 4 SPECIFIC SETTINGS)

FUEL DELIVERY MODIFICATIONS - 255LPH FUEL PUMP, 660CC INJECTORS

Last edited by cHuCkUfArLiE; Mar 24, 2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:39 PM

im impressed with the amount of power these 4g63's are making with this little of modification.

i just wanted to point somthing out becasue im really not sure if everyone is aware of this. alcohol/water injection cools down the charged air/throttle body/intake. it really dosn't provide more power. it just reduces the knock sums in your ecu and alows for better timming advance. it really works the same way as n02. there are diffrent kits. some you spray in your intercooler to prevent heat soak, some you put interveinsly, some even for the turbo itself. they all work for the same thing. to pack more, cooler air/fuel into the quench before detination without any pre-detination.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 03:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I disagree:660cc Injectors,FMIC,IC Pipes, The TT car made more power, and torque without these components, They even had the Stock air box Wow!<This is what I can see. Torque moves you, HP is what you need on top. Both are strong, but Id rather have a HP car than a alcohol car. If the TT car installed the components that are in the busher car, Those #s would be increased too. The TT car made great #s for having hardly any additions is what i'm saying. I like that very much. Also the TT car made more HP, and similar torque than your alcohol/pump tune. That is Apples to apples. That car runs strong with out any power assistants. Very cool.
You'd rather have rumpity 280 cam idle characteristics, a $2400 ECU that will require constant attention, less total area under the curve and a laggier car? BTW, who cares about money saves on the stock airbox when the car has an AEM EMS!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 04:07 AM
Account Disabled

I disagree:660cc Injectors,FMIC,IC Pipes, The TT car made more power, and torque without these components, They even had the Stock air box Wow!<This is what I can see. Torque moves you, HP is what you need on top. Both are strong, but Id rather have a HP car than a alcohol car. If the TT car installed the components that are in the busher car, Those #s would be increased too. The TT car made great #s for having hardly any additions is what i'm saying. I like that very much. Also the TT car made more HP, and similar torque than your alcohol/pump tune. That is Apples to apples.

Hopefully Evo-Doer's engine lasts long enough to see fall.I remember seeing these same posts all last spring and into the summer,then came this dreaded thread by the same people https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=110228
Its funny how thing always end up?Sad that they all ended the summer the same way,looking for a rebuild.

Quick Reply: 412 tq (stock turbo) on 93 pump gas with Dyno Flash and Alcohol kit