Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

412 tq (stock turbo) on 93 pump gas with Dyno Flash and Alcohol kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
You'd rather have rumpity 280 cam idle characteristics, a $2400 ECU that will require constant attention, less total area under the curve and a laggier car? BTW, who cares about money saves on the stock airbox when the car has an AEM EMS!
My point is whether understood or not. What does a FMIC, Hard pipes, Air box, Alky Inj, and injectors cost? 100.00? 500.00? 1000.00? 2000.00? It costs as much as a aem to make similar power. You can rant all you want. The AFRs on that stocker were 11.3 clearly safe as far as my eyes can see. Good day.

Last edited by cHuCkUfArLiE; Mar 25, 2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

nice numbers, makes me want to buy an alky kit
Old Mar 25, 2005, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Methanol Inj.

Methanol injection is a Good. It's been around for years (OLD News) actually since the 1930s. Yes my ride made nice #s on race gas. I can add methanol injection and run nice #s too if I so desire. It will run well either way.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
You'd rather have rumpity 280 cam idle characteristics, a $2400 ECU that will require constant attention, less total area under the curve and a laggier car? BTW, who cares about money saves on the stock airbox when the car has an AEM EMS!
Why does a Aem need constant attention, explain? I haven't even scratched the surface with my combo yet. Your retort is unfound.

Last edited by Evo_doer; Mar 25, 2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 07:07 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_doer
Why does a Aem need constant attention, explain? I haven't even scratched the surface with my combo yet.
I believe what people are refering to as far as constant attention is "old news" as what was happening last spring when the AEM was fairly new for the Evo and the
tuners had not quite mastered the tune and therefore had it's issues.Now there are quite a few Tuners out there that have a very good handle on the AEM/Evo combo with all the different aftermarket bolt on's and are making good #'s with a safe reliable tune.Only time will tell how well they have it mastered and we will have to wait and see.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Mikes car made what it made with stock intercooler, stock piping , stock air box ect. His car idles like it has no cams. Let me assure you that to make 420ft lbs of torque on a stock turbo , would prob require 33lbs of boost which is beyond dangerous. If you look at that dyno sheet, at that torque level his afr is in the 13's... guess time will tell as turbodan says .. ... I'm going on record as saying that no stock turbo on an evo will make that torque on less then 30lbs of boost ... WONT HAPPEN... Keep in mind this is all on pump ...gas

Mark
Turbotrix

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Mar 25, 2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evodoer I agree with you there, only an improperly setup EMS would need constant attention. Nice car and nice #s for the mods.

Sean
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

I am not saying that the TT tune is bad - in fact is good. I am just refuting your simplistic staement - he made more power. In fact - even though the meak # was sligtly higher at spool up there is more tq on my customer's car and more power and tq at 7,000 rpms also. - A more broad and even power band equals a faster car.

Al: better lay off the
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean I
Evodoer I agree with you there, only an improperly setup EMS would need constant attention. Nice car and nice #s for the mods.

Sean
Thanks Sean: Sometimes you get a good one I guess. BTW last year when I first bought it and had it dyno flashed Al said my car felt slower than the others he flashed. Go figure His butt dyno seems to be way off
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
It's not too hard to read the entire post that has been put here before responding to it.

Al stated on page two that the car was AT 30 PSI of boost. Also the car was tuned on PUMP GAS and ALCOHOL.

Nice job on the tune Al, chart is crazy.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 25, 2005, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It's not too hard to read the entire post that has been put here before responding to it.

Al stated on page two that the car was AT 30 PSI of boost. Also the car was tuned on PUMP GAS and ALCOHOL.

Nice job on the tune Al, chart is crazy.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Just went back and reread,,, how ignorant of me .. i really didnt believe that the car was really running 30psi + pump gas + 13.0 afr + stock motor. Thanks dave ... glad one of us is on top of this ....

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:27 PM

Mr.Dynoflash or Mr Busher:

For sh^ts and giggles If a Methanol kit was bolted on to the evodoers pump tune, where would the #s be? I would assume higher than the race gas #s? Enlighten us please. Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

i likey hearing about these accomplishments. Thanks fer keeping me excited about my mod plan Al.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cHuCkUfArLiE
Mr.Dynoflash or Mr Busher:

For sh^ts and giggles If a Methanol kit was bolted on to the evodoers pump tune, where would the #s be? I would assume higher than the race gas #s? Enlighten us please. Thanks

To your point, evo doer was running less boost with race gas then this guy was with pump / alcohol. 30psi is a magic number with this car ,,, al is alot braver then me.. I didnt want to give mike a huge bill with a broken motor.

Mark
turbotrix
Old Mar 25, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
To your point, evo doer was running less boost with race gas then this guy was with pump / alcohol. 30psi is a magic number with this car ,,, al is alot braver then me.. I didnt want to give mike a huge bill with a broken motor.

Mark
turbotrix
I thought I heard after like 27 the stock turbo blows nuthin but hot air... guess this is not true.

Could someone tell me what a 20G wheel would do in the aforementioned setup?

Quick Reply: 412 tq (stock turbo) on 93 pump gas with Dyno Flash and Alcohol kit