Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

just bought intercooler spray co2 n2o

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just bought intercooler spray co2 n2o

Hey,
I just got the intercooler chiller kit. Its not nx it might be junk but its worth a try. Is anyone running this kit? Any gain? I doubt it but i picked this kit up for $200. I was wondering how to use it. I have ran n2o on my prelude but this is diffrent. I heard the n20 will bogg then engine so do you spray before you run? I will try the co2 and then try a bottle of n2o.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

I had a friend that built his own and the c02 stalled the engine out
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

If you run CO2, and any gets sucked into your intake it will retard combustion. However N20 will not. I have seen kits that actually spray CO2 to the left and right so when your racing your opponents suck in the CO2 and have a poor run
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krafty
If you run CO2, and any gets sucked into your intake it will retard combustion. However N20 will not. I have seen kits that actually spray CO2 to the left and right so when your racing your opponents suck in the CO2 and have a poor run
lol... that "cheatah" kit... what trash... i would be pissed with that stuff just hitting the cheapo paint on the car, let alone it getting sucked into my motor and losing the race... paint would prolly just fall off......

if someone would do that... then i should be allowed to use my "cheatah" kit too... my .357 sig with gold speer hollow points to their tires...

on a side note... you can use N20 on the spot, and a small amout may get sucked in and may contribute to power gains... if you use CO2 (cheaper), then use it while staging so you have enough time for it to disperse before you run... just nail the hell outta it so you freeze the IC good...

have fun!!!
Old Mar 26, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

yea i will let you guys know what happens im not expecting much but i will post pics and all the other stuff\
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they don't work.

if you see improvement, that's because your n20 is seeping into your intake, which is like a dry kit, which is dangerous.

c02, you'll stall your car out. (same as above).

waste of money if you ask me. I would of actually gotten a cryogenic cooler kit for the upper intake pipe. they're about the same price, i think and they actually work.

that or some heat wrap for the pipes.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Ok....Yes is sucks at the moment. I bought a purge also. The co2 doesnt fog and it doesnt freeze the i/c. Its like i got a bad fill of co2 but the co2 people said its not possible. Any users have prob. with this? Havent got to play with it to much since im getting a new tranny in.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have it and i fill the tank with nos.
Just before the line I would use my intercooler spray and wet the intercooler......
then use the chiller for the race. It gets the intercooler like ice.
It must have a little effect cause it reduces the intake temps..
Old Apr 16, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

hey 11sec hey you ever tryed co2? Im thinking about tryin n20 but dont wanna blow 50 bucks if its the same affect as c02. I am fimiliar with nitrous i used it on my prelude but spraying the intercooler and a shots alittle diffrent. And do you get a get and white frost on the i/c or is it just cold.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

bump. Why is my co2 not "freezing cold" could it be i have the bottle mounted wrong or what
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

after i wet the intercooler i get a white frost....
in fact even without wetting it..

never tried the CO2....only the nos..
try the nos at least once and see if there's a difference
Old Apr 19, 2005, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

This all is weird to me. Have you seen how the NX kit works???? It only works on full throttle high RPMs it come on it come with a WOT senser. So high rpms and comes on with the NOS in the bottle a small amount get sucked in yes I dont think its dangerous but who am I ?? And also still drops intake charges cause is compresed air.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

silvercar. there are diffrent ways to activate the kit. Wot is just a option which is the safest when running a n2o system. All the co2 kits ive seen is just wired "hot" so you flip the switch and it sprays therefore you wet the i/c before a run. With the n2o if you did it wot then it would be good because it would cool the air + it would mix with the gas therefore making more power.