Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I approached Medina Mitsubishi with this idea. He was my first choice and where I wanted to do this. I have thought about doing this for most of the years I have been modifying DSM's but until the last year or so never thought we could offer a product that was better than OEM and stand behind it for the same time the OEM stands behind theirs.

For now, I am only working with Medina Mitsubishi, if this caught on and I got Eric Sonnie's (the owner) approval I would offer it at other dealers or hell even do it with Mitsubishi direct. I would have to keep Eric in the loop though as if it does go anywhere "national" it is going to be because he had the faith in us to do this and go out on limb to do it.

Cost. The BR330 package adds about $1760 to the cost. The BR350 package about $2900 to the cost. (Sorry, these numbers are close, the exact figure is on my desk and I am at home now) This same package would cost you the same amount if you came to us and had it installed on the car.

YES!! Both these packages will still pass smog testing. We have done nothing to alter the emission equipment on either of these packages.

Warranty coverage at other dealerships. That is a tough one and we are working on it. Eric is going to try and explain how it works when he gets time to come here and comment. Hopefully through some talks with Mitsubishi direct we can get some exact answers.

The cars are not heavily modified and I don't feel and neither does Eric that the warranty should be effected. Now abuse is another thing and ABUSE is not covered on a bone stock car either. In other words if you come in with an axle that is snapped in two it is abvious what happened, if you come in with a rod broken in half it is abvious what happened.

What we are going to try and accomplish with other dealers is that just because it is modified doesn't make the "problem" you present to them due to the fact it has aftermarket parts on it. This is actually the LAW anyway as any warranty denial has to be denied with proof that an aftermarket part caused the failure.

One thing I am fairly sure of, the more of these that sell the more Mitsubishi is going to look at the fact that this is something that is NEEDED for them, not just a PITA for them.

Anyone looking for an EVO or who has a friend looking for an EVO should consider this. It costs nothing extra other than the parts which you'd end up buying anyway and car financing is less than credit cars anyway.

I really hope they take off so we can wake up the corporate guys at Mitsubishi and let them know what WE want. Let's get some real commercials on TV and get rid of all the people listening to their radios and dancing in their SUV's!!

Thanks guys,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These br packages are pretty cool. i actually purchased my car from Eric Sonnie and Tom Medved and Medina.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

These cars look really great... though I think that the air scoop looks kind of tacky. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ur/engine1.jpg
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:28 AM

Sweet.

It would be awesome if this expands to other dealerships David. Right on!

Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

I think this will work out well for anyone getting an Evo from that particular dealership. They can get it pre modded and not have to worry about warranty denial because of aftermarket parts.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

What a great idea and I hope this really takes off. Honestly if this is advertised and marketed correctly I don't see how they wouldn't sell. The cost for the extra power is amazing-

2005 EVO GSR-
276HP
286HP
$30,699 MSRP

2005 EVO BR330-
330HP
340HP
$32,459 MSRP

2005 EVO BR350-
350HP
355TQ
$33,599 MSRP

2005 EVO MR
276HP
286TQ
$34,699 MSRP

So if this does catch on, because people this is truely a bargain, the loser in this could be the EVO MR.

David is this package only an available option on GSR models, what about the RS and the MR models? Will there be a BR330/BR350 MR edition? If this does well, will you one day consider a EVO BR400 package?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

As for the picture of the air scoop. That is the factory piece, it directs the air to the open element filter, works really well.

This package is available on EVERY EVO sold. The RS and MR too. Just add the same parts price to the MSRP of the EVO model you pick.

I would like nothing better than to offer a BR400 package. I think it would be very possible to see this happen. We will have to sell many of these first and get Mitsubishi's attention, then maybe it could go corporate, who knows.

IF you are local to here we can actually offer all of our parts through Medina Mitsubishi. SO if there is something else you want added to the package (within reason) we can do that too. We CANNOT DELETE OR MODIFY ANY OF THE EMISSION COMPONENTS ON THE CAR. That is the one big NO-NO in this.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:52 AM

Have you fitted an RS with any of these components David? I would love to see an upcoming BR400 on an RS.

It would probably make outstanding numbers.

Once again, does Medina Mitsu cover these packages?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's really cool.

Now picture this, you get pulled over and the cop asks you about the exhaust. You can say: "It came like that" and you will be telling the truth.

FB
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

We have fitted every model EVO with all the parts and then some. We have not done an RS for the dealer yet. Two standard EVO's so far.

The chances of a BR400 are in the future, have to see how this stuff goes first. Don't wait for one as it could never happen.

Yes, Medina Mitsubishi is going to cover the warranty on these cars if purchased here locally. Actually, as long as you bring the car back no matter where you live they will handle taking care of you. Remember, if it is ABUSED it is not covered.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I really like the logos! I think this is a great idea, especially for someone who is already planning on doing your staged upgrades (which are awesome ). If someone test drives a standard Evo and then one of these, I almost can't see how they would choose the former!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I agree sterling, with the first BR330 hitting the showroom floor there today I can't, for the money, why anyone would buy a standard EVO.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Very Nice Dave. I think you are ahead of the game. I hear that WORKS is also trying to do something similiar, but not sure of the details. Just know they are trying to work with some local dealerships. I guess its kinda like what Dinan is for BMW.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 01:01 PM

Heh, I could see the BR330 in Road & Track/Car And Driver sometime soon.

I think it's awesome!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 01:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Make sure you mention this to the C&D staff. They might want to consider doing an inset story on the bigger shootout story. They might run it if you do well or can it if you don't.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi