Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Issue: Buschur Deluxe Front Mount

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue: Buschur Deluxe Front Mount

Has anyone else had their Deluxe Front Mount lower pipe from the intercooler to the turbo rub a hole nearly all the way through their A/C line right by the pipe? I have and I was wondering if anyone else has. I've also had it on for a very long time (1 year 6 months +/-). My front bumper bolts that hole the front main mesh have also worn holes nearly all the way through the front of the intercooler which I guess could be possibly avoided by bending the brackets a little.

bryan
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
The front bumper bolts hit the FMIC? I just installed a Buschur FMIC yesterday and I can't imagine those bolts touching. The metal bezel that holds the mesh on the top of the opening, which those bolts go through, is another matter since it angles in right before the bolt holes. I had enough contact there that I couldn't get the nose to fit flush, so I trimmed the bezel with a cut-off tool to make clearance and it appears that all is good now. Maybe I'll recheck it after reading this. I don't remember an A/C line close to the pipe off the turbo, but I'll recheck that too when I get a chance. If there is any significant rubbing, it is that pipe against the actuator.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
The front bumper bolts hit the FMIC? I just installed a Buschur FMIC yesterday and I can't imagine those bolts touching. The metal bezel that holds the mesh on the top of the opening, which those bolts go through, is another matter since it angles in right before the bolt holes. I had enough contact there that I couldn't get the nose to fit flush, so I trimmed the bezel with a cut-off tool to make clearance and it appears that all is good now. Maybe I'll recheck it after reading this. I don't remember an A/C line close to the pipe off the turbo, but I'll recheck that too when I get a chance. If there is any significant rubbing, it is that pipe against the actuator.
Yea, I should've been more detailed I guess. It's the bottom bolts for the mesh near the corners that touch. The A/C line might not show wear for two weeks of heat cycling or so but it does touch.

bryan
Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have one coming in in about 3 days or so....I will take pics of the install and post, I will also take pics of those problem areas you guys are talking about