Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My experience so far w/various part upgrades/additions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
As for many of these parts, you should have informed the maker of these said items so they could fix whatever the problems were. You should also have asked about the fitment of all items and most of all, research everything. Alot of vendors will assume you know what you are doing in many cases. You shouldnt bash a bunch of people because you had a problem with them. Many of the problems very well may have been your fault.

Again, dont take it like I am being ungodly mean here but some of the items on there are just plain stupid. Some of them are good to know about. Like I said before, we all appreciate your help and I am sure many of the vendors are glad to know about some of the problems thier products have.

Ok, let me explain again since you obviously can not read or maybe I just didn't explain it for you.

I was one of the first in line to buy the EVO. Therefore when you talk about researching there was nothing to research as far as the Buschur stuff as it was a first for them and me.

The Magnus intake manifold if you don't know is sold by Buschur as a Buschur part. I called them and talked to a guy named Jarrod. I first told him what I had (Buschur stage 4) and asked him if there would be any fitment/compatibility issues specifically with the piping (the map I didn't care about) and he said no. I later found out from David (that offered to fix the piping and send it back) that Jarrod just didn't know. The fact of the matter here is someone shouldn't answer questions in representing a company that they don't know for sure. The End (I still like David and his parts. I also plan to buy more).

The ATS triple plate clutch if you don't know changes the design of a clutch slave cylinder operation by using a custom bracket. It flips the clutch slave cylinder the opposite way and therefore pushes the bracket towards the intercooler piping. I don't blame Buschur for any of that (if you took a second to read). I simply said it isn't going to work out well with the Magnus intake manifold installed and Buschurs short intercooler piping. It's called helping people out who don't know. That is why I listed it under "Components that don't work well together".

The drive train of course does not like launches. I never said it did nor did I ever try to blame anyone for it. I simply was telling people about my experience. That is exactly why I listed it under "Components that you want to be careful with".

ALL parts except the Borla Header have been fixed/modified or just junked by me after the fact. I did also notify most of the companies (to fix it for others not to get a new part for free) and basically though most were helpful it was not worth the time for me to send a part back and wait 1-2 weeks+ for it to come back when I could do the same to it here (if not completely broken).

This thread has been hijacked by you and one other that just have not a clue about reading or maybe just didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Let me explain it for you again...

I am just telling people that haven't bought what I've bought yet and are going to what they want to look out for. I am doing this because I would have liked to have had this information available when I was buying this stuff.

bryan

Last edited by bryans2k; Apr 4, 2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said, Im not trying to be mean to you. Im trying to make sure more people research everything before they buy anything.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

sup babe.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the reviews.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks for the tips! At least makes for educated questions to the vendors whose products you mentioned. I thought it was nice of you to list any improvements to the parts you were aware of.

As a new researcher into choosing a tuner, Buschur has gained my #1 spot. However, after first few communications & first order (K&N, MR turbo back exhaust, upper IC pipes), I have either called at wrong time or had bad timing because I have been brushed off as they have been to busy to take the time to confirm billing etc....when I have called. Time will tell, but I think they are just busy as a successful vendor for EVO junkies!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bryans2k
Oh Well, I could care less really. Your reasoning behind your launches is also pretty funny.......I take care of my car very well thank you.
Basically no one is saying your feedback is wrong, actually im sure alot of people appreciated it... but is very arrogant when people say i take care of my car when in reality you dont cuz your simply blaming the vendors without even considering the slim chance that its YOU not them.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
Basically no one is saying your feedback is wrong, actually im sure alot of people appreciated it... but is very arrogant when people say i take care of my car when in reality you dont cuz your simply blaming the vendors without even considering the slim chance that its YOU not them.
I have the buschur turbo back (w/HF cat) on the car also experienced the rattling problem every 3-4 months. It was annoying but finally took the car down to a shop and had them put flanges on there, so far so good.