Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I agree. For **** sake Im only 16whp less on pump gas and thats without the 2k standalone, or upgraded FMIC... or the turbo upgrade
so.... how does yer power curve look?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the atp gt3071r kit (plus supporting mods down below) and love it... need to get a retune though (cause now i have to deal with 91-92 octane gas, and not the 94 i was used to in Philly).... but I have no complaints whatsoever, and am completely happy with it

My car is strong as hell now I'm happy with it.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mobounce
I have the atp gt3071r kit (plus supporting mods down below) and love it... need to get a retune though (cause now i have to deal with 91-92 octane gas, and not the 94 i was used to in Philly).... but I have no complaints whatsoever, and am completely happy with it

My car is strong as hell now I'm happy with it.

What power did you put down with it?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I agree. For **** sake Im only 16whp less on pump gas and thats without the 2k standalone, or upgraded FMIC... or the turbo upgrade
Yeah - but WHERE is that 16WHP down?

Across 500RPM or 4000RPM?

Just because peak numbers are similar, you have to look at the band of the power.

The ATP has an upward trend towards redline, the stock turbo peaks and falls off.

Without overlapping the graphs, on the same dyno, you can't back up a statement like that...

nothing personal, just my .02
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

I just moved here to kansas from philly a few weeks ago, and my dynojet slip is MIA...haha. (i wasnt even there for the dyno/tune...tuners did it) I just had 1 dyno session when I had the kit put on with all supporting mods(in signiture) (almost 6 months ago) and my best was 388hp and 360 something in torque at 23psi, 94 octane gas, 1 gallon of touline (spelling?) w/ .63 A/R. Maybe at 26-28psi with 110 octane, the numbers would be way beyond the 400hp mark....but its my daily driver, and not gonna tool with that ...haha.

Since I can't post my slip (still MIA), I dont expect you to beleive me, but there ya go

I'm happy the way it is...although, like I said, now that Im living in kansas, the best fuel I can get is BP 92 octane. When I haver the time, I will dyno again. But for now, I'm real busy with my new job, and just enjoying the car the way it is
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

PS:

I'm mainly most happy with how damn quick it spools! When I had my cat on there, it spooled slow as $hit! The cat was tossed rather quickly
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

MattGold...you aredead on with your statement. Just because peak numbers are off by just 16whp at say 6000rpm by 7500rpm they might be off by 40-50 whp. While they might be close on paper I know who is going to win.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
stop being around the bush Ted, we are not kids
Neither am I. Nor do I know your setup, nor have I seen your dyno charts. What little I've heard is second hand blurbs, and I know very little about it.

The more real-world info that can be presented (for better or worse), the better expectations one can have as to what is realistic.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Here is the dyno's from the A-Spec car.
Attached Thumbnails ATP Turbo Upgrade-dyno_char_lg.jpg  
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol_VIII
Here is the dyno's from the A-Spec car.
Thanks for that... my point exactally.

Even on a modified stock turbo, the numbers would be higher but have the same characteristcs... peak - plateau - drop.

However, I am disappointed with the Torque lost on the 3071R... maybe not lost, but there is defiently a sacrifice down low.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

You have to give up something.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 05:37 PM

and the consensus is or ???
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MattGold
Thanks for that... my point exactally.

Even on a modified stock turbo, the numbers would be higher but have the same characteristcs... peak - plateau - drop.

However, I am disappointed with the Torque lost on the 3071R... maybe not lost, but there is defiently a sacrifice down low.
Matt, did you finally get yours dyno'd?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Wonder what an aftermarket manifold will do? SInce there rather cheap...
Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MattGold
Yeah - but WHERE is that 16WHP down?

Across 500RPM or 4000RPM?

Just because peak numbers are similar, you have to look at the band of the power.

The ATP has an upward trend towards redline, the stock turbo peaks and falls off.

Without overlapping the graphs, on the same dyno, you can't back up a statement like that...

nothing personal, just my .02
Well... I did not actually see the dyno of the 362whp pump gas ATP kit. I do know that just going by peak numbers is quite inconclusive and does not tell the whole story. I can back up my statement somewhat however.. here is my dyno. My peak power is set across from 5600 to redline, give or take 5whp... soooo what peak and fall off are you referring to? We were referring to horsepower not torque. The torque does indeed fall off on the top end with the stock turbo but even you said in a later post that you were unhappy with the torque on the 3071R.

I dont mean to flame - Im just going by what I view. My point was that even though the turbo kit is indeed cheap, Im making similar numbers with less mods MINUS the turbo upgrade kit! Even if the kit made those numbers without standalone and an upgraded FMIC, its still incredibly unimpressive.

Overall, 421whp is disappointing for an upgraded turbo with standalone on race gas. Those arent BAD numbers its just that the stock turbo can and has done it.

RNR sells a 50trim kit for around $2200 that puts down 420awhp on PUMP GAS for around the same price as the ATP kit!

Just to reiterate, Im not an RNR salesman, I dont know ANY of their products... its just that I like to see hard numbers, track and dyno before I shell out that hard earned cash. Are we suppose to "ohh and ahhh" the ATP kit for making power the stock turbo can make? Personally, I think not.