Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weapon*R engine damper fix

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Weapon*R engine damper fix* Updated 6-16-05 ready to ship*

It has come to our attention that the engine mount brackets on our engine damper kits have been cracking on some cars. We have taken the necessary measures to correct this problem, and have a reinforced bracket in the works toward production. We will be replacing our kits with this new bracket, and we are also conducting an exchange program for current owners of our kits. Current owners can email me with their contact and mailing information, as well as the reference number on their invoice. I will compile a list of owners needed new brackets. I will update this post with news of when the new bracket will be available, and any other relavent information. We offer our apologies to anyone who has been inconvienced by this, and hope that you will continue your support of Weapon*R products.

UPDATE!

Okay everyone, the new brackets are here and are ready for shipment. Those of you who have contacted me and given me a reference number or proof of purchase will have their brackets shipped out in the next few business days. If you have not contacted me, or if you have but did not provide proof of purchase and shipping address, you will need to do so in order to recieve your replacement.

This will be a full replacement program, so you will not need to ship back your old bracket. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions Ray.Fong@Weapon-R.com

This is a list of people that have sent me proof of purchase and a shipping address:

1. Adam Harrington
2. Kit Chan
3. Brian Wright
4. Ben Chan
5. Michael Do
6. Don Grostic
7. Henry Savinon
8. John Moy
9. Kevin Butterfield
10. Evan Afaghi
11. Bryan Brinegar

If you do not see your name on that list, and you have contacted me, it is because I do not have your full information. Please contact me again with your proof of purchase and shipping address.

Last edited by weaponr_ray; Jun 16, 2005 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated Ready To Ship
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

thats a good deal.changes my opinion on weaponr
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:06 PM

Here are a few photos of our prototype reinforced engine bracket.
Attached Thumbnails Weapon*R engine damper fix-evo8-damper-bracket-fix-001-small.jpg   Weapon*R engine damper fix-evo8-damper-bracket-fix-004-small.jpg  
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice customer service, way to go
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weaponr_ray
It has come to our attention that the engine mount brackets on our engine damper kits have been cracking on some cars. We have taken the necessary measures to correct this problem, and have a reinforced bracket in the works toward production. We will be replacing our kits with this new bracket, and we are also conducting an exchange program for current owners of our kits. Current owners can email me with their contact and mailing information, as well as the reference number on their invoice. I will compile a list of owners needed new brackets. I will update this post with news of when the new bracket will be available, and any other relavent information. We offer our apologies to anyone who has been inconvienced by this, and hope that you will continue your support of Weapon*R products.

How about returning money and calling it a day?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Good job! Way to let the customers do your R&D.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
alright now... come on guys... the vendor is doing his part as far as keeping his product top notch... they've encountered some unforseen circumstances/flaws with the product and took the liberty to redesign and replace the flawed versions that have already been sold... their product has proven to assist the evo in many ways...

come on now... not every product can be perfect... the evo wasn't perfect when it first came out... there are 2 tsb bulletens alone out there just for the sychros... give the vendor some credit... at least they didn't leave us high and dry...

props to weapon R!!! once all these issues are resolved... i'll be one of the first to purchase their product...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jaylenospoolboy
How about returning money and calling it a day?
Don't be a dick. The company took the time to address the problem and then inform the community on a messageboard (Protip: Most companies DON'T do this). Give credit where credit is due, at least they are fixing the issue instead of telling you to **** off.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what if you bought it off someone else used???? like me......
Old Apr 11, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JustDSM
the best research
Old Apr 11, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustDSM
I'm sure they're not the only company that does this.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

As much hell as I'll get for stickin my nose in here, I'll take WR's back on this one.

All of the comments concerning "R&D" and returning money is just uncalled for.

When a company develops a product they put forth as much R&D and investment as they see fit at the time for the given product. When a company tests final revisions and production versions of a product, it's IMPOSSIBLE to predict and compensate for every single real world scenario. Because of this, updating the product and further developing the technology is PAR FOR THE COURSE.

OEM Manufacturers do the same thing every 3-5 years when they release a new updated model with new technology.

Weapon R has fully admitted reasponsibility for a potentially faulty product and is doing everything right to correct the concern. Paying out of pocket and cutting into their own profit margins to maintain a level of customer satisfaction is going well above and beyond.

Those of you who can't appreciate that, well, you have no business commenting on it.

to Weapon R !
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
Weapon R has fully admitted reasponsibility for a potentially faulty product and is doing everything right to correct the concern. Paying out of pocket and cutting into their own profit margins to maintain a level of customer satisfaction is going well above and beyond.

Those of you who can't appreciate that, well, you have no business commenting on it.

to Weapon R !
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

It's nice to see somone actually doing somthing about a flaw in their product rather than just turn the other way

Quick Reply: Weapon*R engine damper fix