Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Not much sound out of my Greddy Type S BOV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much sound out of my Greddy Type S BOV

I just bought a Greddy Type S BOV today. Before I installed it I removed the smaller spring inside it arleady. After I installed it and have it recirculate I didn't get much sound out of the BOV at all. But once I installed it in VTA, it was pretty loud. Is there a way to make the BOV loud when having it recirculate? Some say to install an aftermarket intake but I saw many ppl having the same BOV and having in recirculate without and aftermarket intake.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Stock intake no BOV is loud when recirc.. if you get an injen intake (i have) or hks any real free flowing open filter intake you'll notice its 10 times louder.. Even stock recircs make a noticible woosh.. As far as making it louder in recirc.. only a k&n drop in something that flows more air (noise travels through it in a sense) you can sometimes hear it a little more.. But to get what you want you'll need an intake man
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

yeah I having a feeling I might have to do that. Well i'm still under manufactorer warranty and i hear puttin on an intake will void it. Installing an aftermarket bov won't void the warranty, i know that for sure. Guess i'll have to stick with the K&N filter for now.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Depends on the dealer.. be nice to them and tell them you would like to add an aftermarket intake system.. If they say.. well it'll void your warranty then you have to be sure to replace the stocker before you go back in. In that case I would not suggest the injen as the lower I.C pipe not so easy to get on and off... They cant void your entire warranty over an intake.. if they say they can.. their full of ****.. My car has cams etc. and my local mitsu dealers service manager knew about it first off.. He knows I understand if I were to break a valvespring or drop a valve I am f'd but he wont void my entire warranty. And wouldnt blow my cover with them. Ask first and be nice to the guys.. cut up with them and talk cars man.. Just be nice.. and they will be nice to you.. usually.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll be able to hear it with just a drop in filter. HKS or K&N.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Get either a new filter or an aftermarket intake.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

ic, I'll go with the K&N for now if not the i'll just go with an hks hi flow intake
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gh0stch1ld
yeah I having a feeling I might have to do that. Well i'm still under manufactorer warranty and i hear puttin on an intake will void it. Installing an aftermarket bov won't void the warranty, i know that for sure. Guess i'll have to stick with the K&N filter for now.
I am willing to bet your Greddy BOV will void warranty as well given Mitsu service track record. So, I would just take the plunge, get an aftermarket intake.

Then, when you need to go in for warranty work, just replace the BOV and the intake back to stock...Believe me, the minute they see that shiny Greddy BOV, it's warranty voiding time!

Brent
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BLiu
I am willing to bet your Greddy BOV will void warranty as well given Mitsu service track record. So, I would just take the plunge, get an aftermarket intake.

Then, when you need to go in for warranty work, just replace the BOV and the intake back to stock...Believe me, the minute they see that shiny Greddy BOV, it's warranty voiding time!

Brent
I will have to agree with Brent. I have seen first had someone getting their whole powertrain warranty voided because they had a Greddy Type S on the car. I wouldent let the dealer know you have that.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gh0stch1ld
I just bought a Greddy Type S BOV today. Before I installed it I removed the smaller spring inside it arleady. After I installed it and have it recirculate I didn't get much sound out of the BOV at all. But once I installed it in VTA, it was pretty loud. Is there a way to make the BOV loud when having it recirculate? Some say to install an aftermarket intake but I saw many ppl having the same BOV and having in recirculate without and aftermarket intake.
You may want to take the top of the stock airbox off so the air filter is exposed and take it for a quick drive, im sure there will be a smile on our face And if you go to Lancershop.com they have a cover you can buy to put over the exposed filter so it looks like it was supposed to be like that and i guess make sure the filter stays put. Check it out

Mike