Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1st Time DYNO run today :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Time DYNO run today :)

I moved here to Kansas City area about a month ago from philly, and FINALLY dynoed my evo . All my tuning was done on the street with my laptop from a proffessional tuner in philly. But I finally had a chance to put it on the dyno...would of liked a dynojet, but it was A MUSTANG dyno... I did 352whp and 321 torque @ 21psi w/ 92 octane pump gas. I was told that with a dynojet dyno, I can expect the numbers to be 10-12% increase ... (so in escence 387-394whp). I will post the dyno sheet once I can borrow a scanner from a buddy. Before the pulls, we had to tweak the fuel a bit to deal with the 91-92 octane gas since my car was tuned originally in Philly for 93/94 octane. We also threw on 4 new NGK plugs, which now the car idles a bit different, but is considerably smoother driving Dieman Motorsports (www.diemanmotorsports.com) treated my car with care and detail...great guys. Well, just wanted to share my first dyno experience with all my mods (in signiture)
Attached Thumbnails 1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-83.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-84.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-85.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-86.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-87.jpg  

Last edited by mobounce; Apr 18, 2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

do you have a digital camera? If so just take a pic of the sheet and post it. Interested in seeing as many dyno's of this kit as i can.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, deffinetly, all I have for digital camera right now is my sidekick II (pics above)...I will try to take a clear pic of the dyno sheet when I get home..at work right now...I'm very pleased with the outcome
Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

good numbers.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, maybe next time I'll throw some touline in there and up the boost a tiny bit
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Congrads bro....sounds like the car is a beast
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mobounce
I moved here to Kansas City area about a month ago from philly, and FINALLY dynoed my evo . All my tuning was done on the street with my laptop from a proffessional tuner in philly. But I finally had a chance to put it on the dyno...would of liked a dynojet, but it was A MUSTANG dyno... I did 352whp and 321 torque @ 21psi w/ 92 octane pump gas. I was told that with a dynojet dyno, I can expect the numbers to be 10-12% increase ... (so in escence 387-394whp). I will post the dyno sheet once I can borrow a scanner from a buddy. Before the pulls, we had to tweak the fuel a bit to deal with the 91-92 octane gas since my car was tuned originally in Philly for 93/94 octane. We also threw on 4 new NGK plugs, which now the car idles a bit different, but is considerably smoother driving Dieman Motorsports (www.diemanmotorsports.com) treated my car with care and detail...great guys. Well, just wanted to share my first dyno experience with all my mods (in signiture)
Very nice number dude. Every day I think about changing my hot side on my ATP turbo I back off and I see results like yours. btw I made 341 on a dyno jet with no cams, cam gears and no bigger FMIC. However 352 on dyno mustang pump is a blast. As you said that’s closer to 390 WHP dynojet and wait till you can add the Water injection kit and rip that turbo to the limits. I just feel how wrong some people are on these forums blaming the ATP hot side when it's producing the power. I will be getting cams and cam gears with new FMIC soon to make this turbo happy and hit that 400WHP on pump. What settings do you have your cam gears set at? And what did you use to tune your car?

Congrats on the nice numbers.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Nice numbers man
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
Very nice number dude. Every day I think about changing my hot side on my ATP turbo I back off and I see results like yours. btw I made 341 on a dyno jet with no cams, cam gears and no bigger FMIC. However 352 on dyno mustang pump is a blast. As you said that’s closer to 390 WHP dynojet and wait till you can add the Water injection kit and rip that turbo to the limits. I just feel how wrong some people are on these forums blaming the ATP hot side when it's producing the power. I will be getting cams and cam gears with new FMIC soon to make this turbo happy and hit that 400WHP on pump. What settings do you have your cam gears set at? And what did you use to tune your car?

Congrats on the nice numbers.
Yea man, I see lots of bashing of the ATP kits here...but maybe I'm a lucky one? I am completely happy with it My cam settings are ZERO'd out. To tune, I use the Psi Fi Motorsports piggy back ECU (outta NJ)...lots of ppl are used to the big name brands, but I took a chance with thier ecu, and LOVE it! Especially the $550 pricetag, and the huge amounts of different features. All the tuners I've been to love the quality and software of my piggyback. And a few want to carry em. I suggest it tottally! I've turned a few ppl on to it, and they love it! Check em out and tell em you've talked to me about it...I'm sure they would cut you a deal. They are mainly focused on SRT-4's but are getting into lots of EVO's and they do em well! Give it a look: www.psifimotorsports.com
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mobounce
Yea, deffinetly, all I have for digital camera right now is my sidekick II (pics above)...I will try to take a clear pic of the dyno sheet when I get home..at work right now...I'm very pleased with the outcome
sidekick II?? was wondering to see if you deaf person? cux i got sidekick II too and i am deaf. and nice numbers man!!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

I really wish I can take good pics of my dyno sheet, unfortunetly my sidekick II is the only digital cameara I have working right now...I'm gonna try to scan it at work...but for now, see if you can make these out??
Attached Thumbnails 1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-88.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-89.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-90.jpg   1st Time DYNO run today :)-photo-91.jpg  
Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

What rear a/r are you running? The graphs look better than any othe ATP graphs I have seen so far.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, what a/r are you running?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

you think tuning on the street is better than on the dyno?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Car's running like a dream it seems... Keep it up.

Quick Reply: 1st Time DYNO run today :)