Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hesitation at WOT now?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked on the road today, in 3rd-5th when the hesitation occurs my wideband is showing a/f ratio of 10.8-10.9's. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
8MR

This issue can be very wide, if you guys have changed every possible parts and the hiccup/jerk is still there, try change the CAM SERSOR. If cam sersor didn't slove, change the CRANK SERSOR. Due to wear and tear, these sersors will give wrong feedback to the ECU.

I had this problem before, after I changed both the sersors it sloved my problem.
Give it a try.

Last edited by 8MR; Oct 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
8MR

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by 8MR; Oct 22, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:55 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I now have this problem, could it be a slipping clutch??? When ever I go WOT or near WOT at anything abover 3000RPM, my revs hesistate and drop about 500RPM and then continue all the way to redline no problem. For example I'll go WOT at about 4,000RPM and then the revs drop to 3,500 or 3,600RPM and then climbs towards redline with nofurther problems? Is this a slipping clutch or am I pulling timing?
I need help. I am at a loss. I cannot figure it out. I am having the EXACT same issue as the quote above. Does ANYONE know how to fix this? PLEASE!!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:16 PM

+1 Same issue..
Old Feb 7, 2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by superman59us
+1 Same issue..
dude, i fixed it. It was a slipping clutch. Get a new clutch kit, and it will run like a monster again.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

I fixed my issue today. I put in new spark plugs (NGK BPRES) and did the normal roll-on WOT run in 2nd and 3rd and had no issues. My problem was similar to the hesitation mentioned herein. I had been running my spark plugs since May 2009, with about 15k miles put on since then.

Before i installed the new spark plugs i dialed back my boost controller about 2psi and that didn't help it. So my lesson learned is try the most logical choice first (spark plugs) and start eliminating symptoms. This worked for two drives today, so we'll see if the problem resurfaces in the coming days. But right now my hesistation is gone.

Oh yeah, 111k on the odo, OEM stock clutch, flywheel, turbo and exhaust. I only have a K&N drop in and a boost controller (and gauge). So i am not asking a lot of my Evo.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by shupadupa
I fixed my issue today. I put in new spark plugs (NGK BPRES) and did the normal roll-on WOT run in 2nd and 3rd and had no issues. My problem was similar to the hesitation mentioned herein. I had been running my spark plugs since May 2009, with about 15k miles put on since then.

Before i installed the new spark plugs i dialed back my boost controller about 2psi and that didn't help it. So my lesson learned is try the most logical choice first (spark plugs) and start eliminating symptoms. This worked for two drives today, so we'll see if the problem resurfaces in the coming days. But right now my hesistation is gone.

Oh yeah, 111k on the odo, OEM stock clutch, flywheel, turbo and exhaust. I only have a K&N drop in and a boost controller (and gauge). So i am not asking a lot of my Evo.
I thought the same...so I did my spark plugs, myself... thinking that was the issue, but it wasn't. It was the clutch slipping. The issue is 100% gone now that the new clutch is installed.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MionieEvo
I thought the same...so I did my spark plugs, myself... thinking that was the issue, but it wasn't. It was the clutch slipping. The issue is 100% gone now that the new clutch is installed.

Thanks MionieEvo, i'll continue to monitor and see if it is clutch, right now i think i got it with the spark plugs, but time will tell.

-Jon
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Having Same issue and I replaced my clutch 450miles ago so I don't think it's my clutch .spark plugs,injectors or fuel pump may be issues ? Really started happening while I was tuning .might load the old map on and see if the problems still there
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

I have had the same issue with my car and it has been cold here (low teen's to 30's). I've dialed back my boost to 21 lbs from 28 and it still does it, so I will change out my plugs today to see if it helps. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started having problems with boost after I put on my tomei. That turbo does not like small intercooler piping. I upgraded the pipes and intercooler and it got better, then I started having problems going over 15psi. I looked for boost leaks, changed bovs...nothing. Today I pulled the plugs and the gap looked 2x as big as the new ones. I put on the NGK BPR7EIX ( same plug were already on) and the boost problems went away! No more hesitation, no problems building boost. It's always a good idea to pull plugs and compare gap.

N
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by novem
I started having problems with boost after I put on my tomei. That turbo does not like small intercooler piping. I upgraded the pipes and intercooler and it got better, then I started having problems going over 15psi. I looked for boost leaks, changed bovs...nothing. Today I pulled the plugs and the gap looked 2x as big as the new ones. I put on the NGK BPR7EIX ( same plug were already on) and the boost problems went away! No more hesitation, no problems building boost. It's always a good idea to pull plugs and compare gap.

N
Yeah over time the spark plug gap widens. That's how I found mine too, had a slight hiccup under boost.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by novem

N
interesting.. I did the spark plug change and it didn't fix my issue at all. My problem was 100% associated with clutch slippage. Drove like a monster out the garage after the new Exedy Twin Disc HD clutch was installed.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:08 PM

Guys help please my car I put my leg on the gas on gear 3 it can't pass 3.5rpm but once I take my foot of the gas and press it again it picks yo the rpm.what could be the problem

Quick Reply: Hesitation at WOT now?