Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hesitation at WOT now?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
This is not boost cut or fuel cut or anything like that. It's also not a leak or a BOV. It more than likely has to do with the tune.

-M
oh really???
Old Apr 24, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 954DRGSR
Ooops - sorry Andrew - I responded to SilverEvo8owner before I had read down to your post. Only other item I should mention is that my EGTs on my preturbo EGT (on Manifold) sensor are above 1600 degrees F in 4th and 5th in the upper rev ranges. My Autometer EGT Gauge does not read higher.
1600+?
your car is pulling timing
Old Apr 24, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

mannn.........I have the same dam problem on my evo and I have 32k on it. I have not changed the plugs yet or the acc. belt, but I plan on doing that asap. I did however install a brand new exedy hyper carbon single and it kicks *** by the way. Untill I hit WOT after 3k when the boost jumps and the rpm's fly up then come back down. I'll let you guys know if its in the ignition or what not after I tune my baby up.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrMejia
mannn.........I have the same dam problem on my evo and I have 32k on it. I have not changed the plugs yet or the acc. belt, but I plan on doing that asap. I did however install a brand new exedy hyper carbon single and it kicks *** by the way. Untill I hit WOT after 3k when the boost jumps and the rpm's fly up then come back down. I'll let you guys know if its in the ignition or what not after I tune my baby up.
you my friend have a clutch issue
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOtagger
oh really???
What I mean is that it more than likely has to do with the car's tuning. Meaning it's probably dipping too rich at that rpm on a given hot day.

See?

-M
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
you my friend have a clutch issue
Yeap. Not the same.

-M
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Is the problem still there?

shiv
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
I have been having this quick hesitation problem with my EVO ever since I got the car. What it does is when I hit the gas, the car will accelerate properly and get to a certain rpm and then it will cut back and then give me full acceleration again to redline. It only does this once. It's like a small hiccup. I thought a reflash would take care of it but it didn't. It only does it when it's real hot outside too. This led me to believe the car is just running a tad on the rich side (at night it doesn't do it).

I just got the TBE yesterday and it is more prone to do it now. I'm getting the car custom dyno tuned on Shiv's dyno on Friday.

I just wanted to know what you guys think it may be other than needing a tune.

-M
This is really interesting. Today, I was coming back from the Seattle dyno day and my car had this aweful hesitation at 5000RPM and then everything went back to normal for the rest of the power band. So I popped my hood and found that my vacuum hose that attaches to the fuel pressure regulator had blown off. Put it back on and no more problems.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, my turn, my car does this "blip" also, it is when I mash on the accelerator, not sure what % throttle depressed, but it is at the higher of the RPM band. It does it once, like a hiccup, and goes away. I have watched the boost guage, 25psi no taper, and have the AEM UEGO guage on the dash also, but didnt watch the reading when this happens, might have to. I did have this sort of hiccup in multiple successions when getting "on it" and I know it wasnt the misfire code I expierenced, which disappeared with V3. I checked the plugs, which were originally gapped at 26, were now gapped at 34! ( the plugs were the "colder" plugs, however I was running 110 leaded thru them.) The problem disappeared completley when I got home and changed the plugs, and tried it again. I think I tend to believe the spark getting blown-out issue, and what is it with the multispark/MSD stuff? does it work? My problem seems to be a non-issue when I change my plugs, but if a hotter spark, more rapid fire ignition will take care of the problem, why not. Any one recommend one? Since I always run 110 leaded, I dont think its a knock problem, Im not convinced its throwing timing either, as when I change the plugs, it goes away. and the problem seems like the one your talking about, WOT up in the higher end of the powerband, it hiccups, misses a step, for a brief second. and continues on. Should I look out for anything else? I'm not computer smart, but my mods are under "vishnu owners check out photos..." if interested in mods to try to help solve prob. If it is timing being pulled, is there a way to correct it so it doesnt happen? What is actually happening to the motor/electronics during this brief "burp?"
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BOOSTEZ you said that this problem became more noticeable after your TBE install? I think it's your DP. I also noticed this same thing after I installed my DP.

When I just had a catback no problem. Added a test pipe no problem. Added a DP, boost started flipin out. At first it would spike to 23 instantly drop to 15 and jump to 18 then back to 15.

After I reset the ECU by unplugging the neg. the boost now spikes to 21 and drops to 16 and has that hiccup right around 6000rpm at WOT. I need to get a MBC and ecu flash to correct this. I believe that you also need to get re-flashed for your TBE. hope this helps and good luck.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Update

Ok - ran my car until my gas empty light was glowing so bright people thought my dome light was on.

Filled my car with 110 leaded on my 93 octane map - Hesitation/Hiccuping still there.

Then I stopped car and flipped switch to 110 map. Hesitation still there.

Frustrated.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

[you my friend have a clutch issue]

ummm...........no. "brand NEW CLUTCH" = just put in and no im not an iddiot. anyway, its an ignition related problem I'm sure and its getting fixed. I'll let you know if it works. just trying to be relevant to your same problem and I'm just posting feedback for the good of the community and your just assuming that im an incompetant (can't spell by the way) mechanic. By the way is a direct insult and I'm not pleased with that response. You should treat your new age WAR heroes with a little more respect. I saved a lot of lives because my hands were the fastest in my squadron out there in iraq. I put a lot of birds back in the air to go do what they do best. KILL and DEsTROY the bad guys. sorry for my flamming mouth by the way just that I really dont like people who like to assume what they know. next time dont be a jack *** and go flappin your mouth about what u dont have a clue about.
LIke I said before.....I will let you guys know what heppens.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

what ever happened to the modest soldier? Yes i am in the military, but i didn't know we are supposed to wave our hands about our service, especially as combat support. relax brother, just brush'em off.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HiHeatEVO
what ever happened to the modest soldier? Yes i am in the military, but i didn't know we are supposed to wave our hands about our service, especially as combat support. relax brother, just brush'em off.
I don't know man -- I might have to take Mr. Mejia's side on this one. While the military information he provided might not be relevant to this thread, there are a lot of clueless people on this board that probably should be taken down a peg or two every once in a while. They just don't contribute, and tend to make a lot of noise. Some of us don't have the time to listen to the noise.

Cabo
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Updates BoostEZ?

What were the results?

Quick Reply: Hesitation at WOT now?