Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Type-S knock off? Any luck?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005 | 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mobounce
Ok, I recieved the Type-S Knock off today, and it is EXACTLY the same as the real greddy...I am gonna use this BOV as a back up of my real type-s. I tested it on my car today with the single spring mod, and performs just as good as the real one...even sounds exact, and holds boost exact. the insides are exactly the same as well... my verdict, this is a great alternative to the real type-s, especially since this one is 85 bucks shipped and comes complete with the gasket, T fitting and tubing for the vacuum port just like the real type-s. thumbs up from me
Cool! I might end up buying one then. Do you know if this will work on a flange that was for the 1g bov? Will RTV be required?

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2005 | 06:59 PM

Spring mod

this might sound like a dumb question, but im also looking into buying a type s bov or maybe even this knock off one. But anyways i've read through other posts and other sites that the spring mod is highly recommeded. If i do buy the greddy type s bov does it come with 2 springs and the "mod" comes with greddy bov package or do you buy the spring seperately. Sorry about the confusion, but just wanted to clear that up before i get what i need. thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2005 | 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

I also have one had it about 300miles works just like my type S b4 I sold it and gain like $58bucks! I still need to tun it though because at part throttle it will open underboost... but full thottle it is closed all the way!
Old May 8, 2005 | 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Just curious but any feedbacks yet??
Old May 8, 2005 | 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

yes, mine is great......holds boost fine, and sounds exactly like the real thing.....buy it
Old May 8, 2005 | 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

considering, if a company does a knock off after their copyrighted or similar (can't remember what it's called) situation, then of course it's going to be a lot cheaper, since all the R & D costs are skipped through copying someone elses design.

This happens to all market, especially the drug market. Once a company has a monopoly on a product, they could do this until certain period of time, then after that the gov allows other company to copy the drug at cheaper costs.

So your generic tylenol at eckerds is the same as your tylenol, same ingredients and everything. It's just that it's cheaper because theres no need for marketing or research and development.

So i don't see anything wrong with this product.

However, I do see the lower body casting is not any better or equal to the Greddy one. I guess that would be the only thing wrong with it.

I'm sure they skimmed on the quality inspection, if there is any.
Old May 17, 2005 | 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
considering, if a company does a knock off after their copyrighted or similar (can't remember what it's called) situation, then of course it's going to be a lot cheaper, since all the R & D costs are skipped through copying someone elses design.

This happens to all market, especially the drug market. Once a company has a monopoly on a product, they could do this until certain period of time, then after that the gov allows other company to copy the drug at cheaper costs.

So your generic tylenol at eckerds is the same as your tylenol, same ingredients and everything. It's just that it's cheaper because theres no need for marketing or research and development.

So i don't see anything wrong with this product.

However, I do see the lower body casting is not any better or equal to the Greddy one. I guess that would be the only thing wrong with it.

I'm sure they skimmed on the quality inspection, if there is any.
well put