Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Type-S knock off? Any luck?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005 | 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Greddy Type-S knock off? Any luck?

I already havce a greddy type-s bov, but was going to buy this one for a back up. $85 shipped is nice...It's a knock off type-s bov...i contacted the seller, and he said it is exactly the same inside and out... these are sold to 3rd parties from greddy before they are stamped with the greddy logo...even has the same sound..I'm gonna buy one and test prolly a good alternative to the real one. I already have the evo8 flange..so just in case i need a backup. Take a look...looks EXACT...i dunno?? Anyone have one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...968863738&rd=1
Attached Thumbnails Greddy Type-S knock off?  Any luck?-1.jpg   Greddy Type-S knock off?  Any luck?-2.jpg   Greddy Type-S knock off?  Any luck?-3.jpg   Greddy Type-S knock off?  Any luck?-4.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

does it have the lower nipple on it?
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

i think so?? im not sure?
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

bump..noone was stupid like me to buy this for a backup?...lol
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

ok...confirming it DOES have the lower nipple...should be a good low price alternative ill see what happens when i get it. for 85 bux shipped can't go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Greddy Type-S knock off?  Any luck?-lower-nipple.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

JESUS CHRIST GUYS!

Stop buying knock-off parts for your 30,000$ car! A ****ty part can cause SERIOUS problems and is generally not worth the minimal amount of money you save.
Old Apr 21, 2005 | 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

haha...read above/\..chill...i bought to see if it really is the same in and out as stated. and to be used as a backup..i have a friend in NY who has this bov on his car for almost a yr (the knock-off) and experiences same exact perfroamcne as my type-s...but i want to see for myself...thats all. All my mods are high cost, just wanna try it out...just seeing if anyone else had this bov....kinda like the hundreds of ppl that bought the ebay ss autochrome manifold and are still just fine thousands of miles later??

Last edited by mobounce; Apr 21, 2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Keep us updated. I'm interested to see how it performs as well as quality.
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ewoevo
Keep us updated. I'm interested to see how it performs as well as quality.
will do man! the pics look right on, but I will R&D this piece I have a good feeling of it...

I should be getting it sometime during this coming week.
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
does it have the lower nipple on it?

I have a type S also waiting to put on my car when I get it back from the body shop, what does that lower nipple do, do we have to connect anything to it? I know the top one is for the vaccuum.
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Do a search on the type-s on thiese boards...lower nipple stays open. And do the single spring mod if you are recirculating...do a search here...TONS of helpful stuff on the type-s

Originally Posted by Nesiop
I have a type S also waiting to put on my car when I get it back from the body shop, what does that lower nipple do, do we have to connect anything to it? I know the top one is for the vaccuum.
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

don't buy it!! come on, greddy, hks, etc have the r & d to back up their products. Ebay doens't!!
Old Apr 23, 2005 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

I have that exact one on my car. I have owned the real type-s and ran it on my eclipse gs-t, and the knock off version performs just as good. It sounds exactly the same, and looks exactly the same, except for the greddy stamp and sticker at the top.......but for $80 cheaper, its totally worth it. Oh, and my car runs just as good as it ever has, and has not stalled 1 time while having it on. (i have the single spring mod and its recirculated)
Old Apr 24, 2005 | 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vrrrm...psss
I have that exact one on my car. I have owned the real type-s and ran it on my eclipse gs-t, and the knock off version performs just as good. It sounds exactly the same, and looks exactly the same, except for the greddy stamp and sticker at the top.......but for $80 cheaper, its totally worth it. Oh, and my car runs just as good as it ever has, and has not stalled 1 time while having it on. (i have the single spring mod and its recirculated)
Thank you I needed some reasurance...I have the greddy one, but this will be used as a back up thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2005 | 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, I recieved the Type-S Knock off today, and it is EXACTLY the same as the real greddy...I am gonna use this BOV as a back up of my real type-s. I tested it on my car today with the single spring mod, and performs just as good as the real one...even sounds exact, and holds boost exact. the insides are exactly the same as well... my verdict, this is a great alternative to the real type-s, especially since this one is 85 bucks shipped and comes complete with the gasket, T fitting and tubing for the vacuum port just like the real type-s. thumbs up from me

Quick Reply: Greddy Type-S knock off? Any luck?