Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Helix catback!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Helix catback!!

Just installed the Helix catback today. I love it!! The quality and finish on it, its top notch. would recomend to anyone.

ps:Its loud as **** at WOT!!!
Old May 5, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea I installed mine yesterday and its just the cat-back and its a bit loud
I can tell mine wont fit right but then again the hanger on the left side wont fit on the hanger
but I ghetto rigged something and the other 2 hangers are just fine and the exhaust tip sits perfect in the middle so Im just gonna leave it and have a shop **** with the hanger when I get my dp and test pipe installed

but yea I love it
Old May 6, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qbbraveheart
yea I installed mine yesterday and its just the cat-back and its a bit loud
I can tell mine wont fit right but then again the hanger on the left side wont fit on the hanger
but I ghetto rigged something and the other 2 hangers are just fine and the exhaust tip sits perfect in the middle so Im just gonna leave it and have a shop **** with the hanger when I get my dp and test pipe installed

but yea I love it
I have full exhaust and it fitted like a glove!!! I have it pointing to the side, looks good, sounds mean as hell! I knew i should have bought it from the beggining. The quality is so good. I love it!!!
Old May 6, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

on what car did you put it on ?????????? yours crashed right.
Old May 6, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

that was Ruben's Evo, he was the passenger.
Old May 6, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

What he said^^^^!
Old May 6, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

you got me
Old May 6, 2005, 02:05 PM

I installed a helix tbe yesterday as well... awesome sound and great quality... I can't believe how thick the flanges were and the welds are amazing. I still can't get over how deep it sounds everytime I start my car. I ended up moving the hanger that bolts right behind the rear diff to the right by taking the bolt hole on the left of the hanger and bolting it to the right hole in the frame. This moved the exhaust over about an inch which looks perfect for centering the tip. The exhaust is much lighter than stock and doesn't move much at all so I doubt not having the one bolt will make a difference.
Old May 6, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evil_evo
I installed a helix tbe yesterday as well... awesome sound and great quality... I can't believe how thick the flanges were and the welds are amazing. I still can't get over how deep it sounds everytime I start my car. I ended up moving the hanger that bolts right behind the rear diff to the right by taking the bolt hole on the left of the hanger and bolting it to the right hole in the frame. This moved the exhaust over about an inch which looks perfect for centering the tip. The exhaust is much lighter than stock and doesn't move much at all so I doubt not having the one bolt will make a difference.
thats what I was gonna do but it was getting dark out
just might have to do it tomorrow
Old May 6, 2005, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you guys for the continuous support!!!! This tells you that we do take pride to take care of our customers and do tell our customers when there are minor issues that can easily fixed without any problems, and of course we offer these awesome sounding systems at a very great price that is very hard to refuse. All we need is just a chance to better our product!

Again, thank you all very much for the business!

If you guys have any other questions, or inquiries, please don't hesitate to send me a pm or give me a call

Cal
Old May 7, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Thank you guys for the continuous support!!!! This tells you that we do take pride to take care of our customers and do tell our customers when there are minor issues that can easily fixed without any problems, and of course we offer these awesome sounding systems at a very great price that is very hard to refuse. All we need is just a chance to better our product!

Again, thank you all very much for the business!

If you guys have any other questions, or inquiries, please don't hesitate to send me a pm or give me a call

Cal
yea I got mine from you guys once again at an AMAZING price I just couldnt pass up(thats why Im broke for this month and it just started ) and it sounds amazing

I knew i was gonna have fitment issues which is why i left the left hanger off its mount(well it doesnt fit on there )
I figured the price was unbelieveable so $50 bucks if that to re-bend a hanger is well worth the investment in this exhaust
but other than that its a great exhaust from a great vendor who has great customer service
Old May 7, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evil_evo
Glad you like it!

We have the helix catback on our WRX and again the quality is just as amazing. The sound, also.. incredible

Chris
GNV Motorsports
Old May 7, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

I have helix catback still laying on my living room floor. I got one 5 days ago.
I weighted on my digital scale( +- 0.2lbs accuracy) today. It was 25.6 lbs without bolts and stuff. and with everything including gaskets were 27.2 lbs FYI.
Old May 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

cool
Old May 8, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I installed the helix using posted method ( losing 1 bolt from the hanger). It worked so good. It is dead centered now... not low not high. where mid pipe and muffler joins is little too close to fuel tank heat shield though(about half inch gap). It was touching when I moved the hanger to passenger side. I figured out that You don't move the hanger. Just losing one bolt on passenger side does the trick. Oh, I weighted stock caback. It was 35lbs.(with bolts and all 36 lbs)