Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

big problem.. anyone with a service manual

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yaeh.. iv used that one before. These harnesses are much to big for that grommet they are like 1x1". Im still at a loss as far as how to retach these other two wires. Does anyone know where are the brake wires would go in the engine bay.. im hoping maybe i can intersect the harness and splice into it somewhere.
Old May 7, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just in case anyone ever does this again (im sure one of you will pull this bonehead move) I hope first you see this post and know that you cannot cut underneath the fire wall grommet for the ecu because the wires are slanted down.. you will cut a wire. Secondly its way better to just rippe a whole in the grommet with pliars. If you cut one of the wires on on the harness you can tear through the grommet on the engine bay side and on the interior creating a large hole ( I havent figured out how to patch this yet.. duct tape anyone?) from there you can rewire a longer attachment from the inside of the car. Pull the other ends of the wires into hte engine bay.. youll have about 2-3 inches and you have about 2 tries to strip these wires perfectly before your left with nothing but a nub that cant be worked. You should take out the strut bar before trying.. and anyhoses in your way. now attach the wires through the engine bay and solder all connections. Make sure the solder joint is solid and isnt a cold joint that will wiggle.. I dont want my abs going haywire will im driving!
Old May 7, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

i have a service man but its a my parents i cant get it till tomorrow...sry