Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ssautochrome intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blitz118
Rob,

You keep bringing up the Greddy Intercooler, when very few or any EVO owners use the Greddy intercooler. Please comment on the SSautochrome intercooler? How does the AMS and Buschur stack up against your intercooler the Nisei? As those are the two intercooler that everyone favors. Do you have test data on those two intercoolers in comparsion to the Nisei?
lots of people use both greddy cores... the rspl is has a louvred internal fin design that looks like the pictures of the ssauto core here but are much more dense. there are pics somewhere in the forsale section of the internals of the core... but i am not gonna look for them.
Old May 24, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trinydex,

Thanks for the info on the R-SPL core. Next week we're picking up an HKS R-core for testing. Aquiring a R-SPL is definitely toward the top of our list too. They are so hard to find though, the only person I know that has one is Jeff@500whp, other than that i've never seen one before.

Rob
Old May 24, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David@Vishnu
It is a different core
Show me. My comment was meant to be retorical. Obviously, that didn't come across to0 well. Maybe this will shut people up.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Imyurturboluva
Wanna see the SSAutochrome IC? Here are some pics. It is IDENTICAL to the AMS.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=66311

Looking at it closely, then yes, rhetorically speaking you are right, it looks like junk compared to the AMS.

The end tanks look non semetrical and the fins look like they've already seen summer in the South then washed off and painted silver.

I'd love to see a side by side.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shearer
I think the moral of this whole thread is: Support those businesses who support your "community".

Really this quote says it all. Where was SS when the Evo first came out? AMS was there and they put plenty of time, money and effort to get quality products to us as soon as possible. Personally I wouldn't put one on my car. Imyurturboluvr(Chris) is a friend of mine and he bought an SS intercooler. I haven't seen it yet but I did see the pics he posted and(take no offense Chris) actually I'm a little shocked in it's appearance. Darn thing looks like it's been used for quite a while all ready! Personally I would have sent it back and demanded my $$ back, but that's just me. Also, one thing I have yet to see mentioned and I do not know if it's true or not but I heard that their intercooler piping is stainless steel!?!? Is this true? If it is that is just plain wrong, talk about heat retention! I feel that the simple moral of this story once again boils down to the old saying we have heard many times and sometimes have learned the hard way.........
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".
Old May 24, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wrench
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=66311

Looking at it closely, then yes, rhetorically speaking you are right, it looks like junk compared to the AMS.

The end tanks look non semetrical and the fins look like they've already seen summer in the South then washed off and painted silver.

I'd love to see a side by side.
The pics didn't do the unit any justice. I only wanted you to see the overall design. But does it work? Yep. Hop on your high horse and ride away.

Last edited by Imyurturboluva; May 24, 2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old May 24, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AustinEVO
Really this quote says it all. Where was SS when the Evo first came out? AMS was there and they put plenty of time, money and effort to get quality products to us as soon as possible. Personally I wouldn't put one on my car. Imyurturboluvr(Chris) is a friend of mine and he bought an SS intercooler. I haven't seen it yet but I did see the pics he posted and(take no offense Chris) actually I'm a little shocked in it's appearance. Darn thing looks like it's been used for quite a while all ready! Personally I would have sent it back and demanded my $$ back, but that's just me. Also, one thing I have yet to see mentioned and I do not know if it's true or not but I heard that their intercooler piping is stainless steel!?!? Is this true? If it is that is just plain wrong, talk about heat retention! I feel that the simple moral of this story once again boils down to the old saying we have heard many times and sometimes have learned the hard way.........
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".
Whatever, John. Yep, you get what you pay for...like that Mesa amp, huh?
Old May 24, 2005, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh my ****ing god, how di I not see this sooner.

CLOSED!