Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ssautochrome intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy crap 295 only ....lol
Old May 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, i wonder what will happen with AMS going after them?
Old May 9, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
holy crap 295 only ....lol
Cant' beat that price!
Old May 9, 2005, 12:09 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
That definitely looks identical to my AMS intercooler. If that's what they're using as their display, I'd like to see a pic of their actual finished product.
Old May 9, 2005, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow some of you guys really just have no idea on buisness ethics and practices. Do you really think we make that intercooler for $300 and sell it for$700 LOL WAKE UP! we cant even make our IC for what they are selling. And let the record show to the gentelman that claimed we copied ours from someone else...you are far from the truth. that core was done to our specs and each and every endtank was designed and welded in house.

keep buying knock offs and when the chinese have copied all the good products there will not be companies like AMS around to develop. Then what will they copy???? soon you will have cloned pieces of garbage to choose from. Not to mention the slave labor over in china you are helping to contribute to.

you make it sound like we are all driving Ferrari's and living the phat life. most of us live paycheck to paycheck and the owners take every dime and invest it back into the company. you might see it as just some car part but we all put in long hours of R&D to make these prodcuts and to make sure the AMS name is represented correctly.

in the end its your money and you are obviously free to spend it like you wish but there are concequences for every action. To me it just seems obvious to support the shops that are advancing this industry not the ones that are out to suck it dry and leave it on the side of the road.

Excuse the soap box rant but this is our livelyhood at stake here.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; May 9, 2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 9, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
That definitely looks identical to my AMS intercooler. If that's what they're using as their display, I'd like to see a pic of their actual finished product.

I have dealt with AutoSS couple times and their products were good. For example I just went racing with their manifold and still did not crack. I don’t know man but that price is sooo tempting. Finally we are getting competition here
Old May 9, 2005, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
competition????

Buschur's IC is competition
Rnr is competition

This is simply making a prodcut via slave labor and pawning it off as someone elses work.

Eric
Old May 9, 2005, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
This is simply making a prodcut via slave labor and pawning it off as someone elses work.

Eric
Do you have proof of their "slave labor"...If not I suggest you chill with the libel.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

wow some of you guys really just have no idea on buisness ethics and practices. Do you really think we make that intercooler for $300 and sell it for$700 LOL WAKE UP! we cant even make our IC for what they are selling. And let the record show to the gentelman that claimed we copied ours from someone else...you are for from the truth. that core was done to our specs and each and every endtank was designed and welded in house.

keep buying knock offs and when the chinese have copied all the good products there will not be companies like AMS around to develop. Then what will they copy???? soon you will have cloned pieces of garbage to choose from. Not to mention the slave labor over in china you are helping to contribute to.

you make it sound like we are all driving Ferrari's and living the phat life. most of us live paycheck to paycheck and the owners take every dime and invest it back into the company. you might see it as just some car part but we all put in long hours of R&D to make these prodcuts and to make sure the AMS name is represented correctly.

in the end its your money and you are obviously free to spend it like you wish but there are concequences for every action. To me it just seems obvious to support the shops that are advancing this industry not the ones that are out to suck it dry and leave it on the side of the road.

Eric

You guys are great company but you have to realize that customers always look at the price first (nature of people no one can denied it) I hope and wish that this IC is a scam and that its not as good or even close to yours. We all wish AMS the best but we wish our pockets to be full too. I myself was about to buy your IC couple days ago but I held off to see how things go as everyone is claiming different numbers. You guys are facing some serious challenge and you might want to address it by buying that FMIC from them and test it proving to us that they are scamming us. I do really feel for your business but you will have to address this issue in a different way. Posting on EVOm telling people not to buy it wont help you. Prove to us that yours is not the same and why it cost soo much more..

Just an advice to you guys no hard feelings.

Old May 9, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Az3ar - you're so missing the point!

What AMS did in the One Lap 'O America helps us, Competitive tuning helps us, etc.... Not knock-offs .

Eric is spot on !
Old May 9, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

With every "part" their is a development cost associated with the product. The price of AMS intercooler I believe absorbs the cost through many man-hours being put into the development and testing of the product, not to mention materials and quality control. SS looks to have done a fine job in "reverse engineering" the product thus cutting down on costs. Other factors that cut down on costs are labor and manufacturing...not to mention profit

If it is true that SS "copied" the design of an existing product and sent its manufactering contract to another country, then this is another example of a growning scenario in America. I am currently unbiased right now; though our ecomony is shifting due to this, It has both pros and cons leading to a lower price of consumer goods and loosing business from homeland America.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

wow some of you guys really just have no idea on buisness ethics and practices. Do you really think we make that intercooler for $300 and sell it for$700 LOL WAKE UP! we cant even make our IC for what they are selling. And let the record show to the gentelman that claimed we copied ours from someone else...you are far from the truth. that core was done to our specs and each and every endtank was designed and welded in house.

Eric
Eric,

You know it's never an apples for apples comparison, so consider:

Maybe they just took a picture of the AMS unit and ship out an empty carcass?

What are the materials like inside? What if a small imperfection breaks off and blows through your engine etc... ?

I'm sure you get the point...

Obviously there is competition in the marketplace that pushes the price point down to the level where we see it at, about $700 among the different tuners.

I wouldn't put a cheap unit on my car unless it was thoroughly tested and recommended by a TRUSTED source.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

I paid a good ammount for my IC and I am proud to support the american company that developed it.

Buying a SSautochrome IC is like buying a fake Rolex in NYC, you know its fake,it looks nice, it works for a while, but in the end........................YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Old May 9, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

^Comon Scott....Bolex's are the *hit lol
Old May 9, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Wow. I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. I think some of you need to talk to some people in a USA industry that is being effected by Chinese knock offs. I have to deal w/ this stuff all the time. People lose there jobs to this all the time. As americans, we can not compete w/ the chinese labor market. Chinese workers are lucky to get $5-10 a day in some of those factories. They use inferior materials and have a very low quality control. Patents are meaningless in China. They will copy anything that is labor intensive in order to make money. When it comes to fabrication, we will never be able to compete w/ China (price wise), unless new tariffs are put down.

The interesting part about this thread is that the AMS intercooler is priced very well against the other JDM intercoolers. Yet, people still think it is overpriced.

Quick Reply: ssautochrome intercooler