Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ssautochrome intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ssautochrome intercooler

Regarding the warning from AMS about ssautochrome copying their intercooler. My friend just bought one, and we seriusly thinking about testing the pressure drop across the core. Any suggestings on the the easiest way to accomplish this. It may not have the Spearco dore, but really, who cares, if the pressure drop is as they claim.
Old May 8, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

ss knocked off ams. classic.
Old May 8, 2005, 06:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what's wrong with knocking their design off? that's how the prices come down on parts and competition gets created.

without that AMS could raise the price as they wish and we can't say anything about it. also, it's illegal through market monopoly.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure you arent talking about the Precision knock off?
Old May 8, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
what's wrong with knocking their design off? that's how the prices come down on parts and competition gets created.

without that AMS could raise the price as they wish and we can't say anything about it. also, it's illegal through market monopoly.
it's fine with me.it happens all the time.hope it can be proven to work as good as the ams unit.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Do you enjoy people stealing your hard work and dedication to something just to make a ****ty copy of the beautiful results?

Prices come down and competition gets created by other companies building their own designs and doing their own testing. People who copy and undercut are straight up theives. Whats even better is the fact that these guys actually ordered one of our ICs and lower pipes, took pics of it, and are using pictures of OUR actual intercooler to represent their knock off on ebay. They also used our information on flow rates, testing, and pressure drop from our page word per word. They didnt just look at our design and say, "hey that looks like a good IC, we'll make something very similar", I will be willing to guarantee they built a jig for our intercooler, and copied it directly. I bet one of their cheap knockoffs will fit in our jig for our intercooler.

Better yet you actually condone this type of business tactics? Unbelievable.......

They do say that immitation is the ultimate form of flattery. They did in fact choose to make a knock off of OUR intercooler over every other one out there for the Evo.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsnt
Do you enjoy people stealing your hard work and dedication to something just to make a ****ty copy of the beautiful results?
lol
Old May 9, 2005, 02:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prices come down and competition gets created by other companies building their own designs and doing their own testing. People who copy and undercut are straight up theives. Whats even better is the fact that these guys actually ordered one of our ICs and lower pipes, took pics of it, and are using pictures of OUR actual intercooler to represent their knock off on ebay. They also used our information on flow rates, testing, and pressure drop from our page word per word. They didnt just look at our design and say, "hey that looks like a good IC, we'll make something very similar", I will be willing to guarantee they built a jig for our intercooler, and copied it directly. I bet one of their cheap knockoffs will fit in our jig for our intercooler.

Better yet you actually condone this type of business tactics? Unbelievable.......

They do say that immitation is the ultimate form of flattery. They did in fact choose to make a knock off of OUR intercooler over every other one out there for the Evo.
Hope your attorney gets some satisfaction...
Old May 9, 2005, 02:46 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blah blah blah, why don't you sue me too while you're at it? is your design patented? that's why it's there, to protect your hard earned R & D.

If not, that's just bad business practice. sorry, I don't condone illegal activity, but if they're copying it directly, obviously either,

1. You're going to sue them and win the lawsuit,

2. you don't have a patent on your design and it's obviously a copy of some other design that you can't patent and really, you didn't invent the intercooler. Which makes you a thief too then.

If your product is so much better, why sweat it? You obviously don't have any legal rights to stop them. But maybe because your FMIC is good, that's why they're copying it, which should be a better for your marketing and sales.

By the way, competition and the price drop is created by having a similar products at less money. Great products come out from that competition because someone gets sick of the same game and create something extraordinary that noone could copy, because of the patent.

How is that theivery? It's just business. They didn't goto your wearhouse and stole all your FMIC and sold it for less?

I do agree though, on the pictures and data. That should be your intellectual property which you could sue them for.

I like AMS, but what's got to be said have to be said.
Old May 9, 2005, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

To be honest I see this stuff happening ALL the time on ebay. Very little can be done because the items are usually made overseas protecting them from our laws.
Old May 9, 2005, 03:59 AM
Former Vendor

so hey how bout back on topic and lets see a preesure testing being done... even if the i/c was patented, from my understanding all they have to do is redo 1 part, and there free from copyright infrigment.. could be wrong though..
Old May 9, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

these people are located just a few miles away from me i thought about rollin by there shop one day....
Old May 9, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BaLListic_EVO
these people are located just a few miles away from me i thought about rollin by there shop one day....
i would if i lived in the area. you should go and then tell us what they say.
Old May 9, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

It does look like AMS
http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1437
Old May 9, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with everything you said except this. AMS isn't the only maker of ICs for the EVO. And even if they were the only ones, it wouldn't give them license to charge whatever they want. If this were the case, we would have $10000 ICs. Would you pay for a $10K IC? Probably not, and no business, monopoly or otherwise, would engage in such blatant price gouging for fear of government reprisal or, worse, loss of reputation among consumers.

Quick Reply: ssautochrome intercooler