Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Injector noise is getting louder

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector noise is getting louder

well i posted a while back about how loud my injectors are under accerleration. you can clearly hear them from inside the cabin but of lately they seem to be getting louder. Is this an indication of becoming clogged? this is really starting to bother me. I will be purchasing new injectors next week anyways, but i just wanted to make sure that i am not going to blow my engine because of lean condition caused by a clogged injector. I am not getting any SES and my timing is only getting pulled to 9 degrees advanced at WOT @ 7600 rpm so i am pretty sure the engine doesnt sense any knock.

also, does that injector cleaner actually work, maybe i will just use some of that just until i get the other injectors installed when i get my cams and head studs installed.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

You can get your injectors tested if you are really looking for a result. Anything that we say will only be speculation.

Or If you have a wideband, throw it on there and see what's happening? Do you have egt probes?

As far as the cleaner is concerned. I've heard that the dealers have some better stuff. Tho, I've always been an advocate of running better fuel through the system instead of using a cleaner.
Old May 10, 2005, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

well i pulled my plugs last night and the porcelin is completely white. there is no black on them at all which leads me to believe that the car is running lean. however, after doing some datalogging last night my car isnt really pulling timing with an advance of 8 degrees at WOT at 7600 rpm. also my walbro is acting really weird. it sounds like a supercharger inside my car . i think i will be buying a new pump today and hopefully the new injectors.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

how are the electrodes?
Old May 11, 2005, 03:55 PM

Thought the noise was my injectors too - turns out it was rod knock - not sure if it is becuase of a bearing or bushing. I don't want to start a scare. Just make sure you aren't mis-diagnosing the problem...