Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing: Any chance of a turbo kit Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The difference between the BR580 and the GT35r BB is substantial and noticable just driving the car. Power output is fairly close depending on which turbine housing is used. I recommend the BB only.

Spool up, is slow with large turbos. Pulling up a datalog with a 2.0 liter engine, mildly ported head and 280 cams with a GT35R, you aren't hitting 20 psi until after 5,000 rpm.

What this means is a stock turbo will put out up to 150 more WHP than a GT35R up to about 5,000 rpm, then the larger turbo smokes the stock one, this is of course using race gas with the larger turbo. At the same boost level of 20 psi or something liveable on pump gas the stock turbo will barely get beat out by the larger one.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 23, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For those of us who want to make it clear that we are IN on this deal do you want to start taking deposits? I would hate to have the deal fall through because people were not willing to "put up or shut up" so to speak

Keith
Old May 23, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Good advice - waste of time IMHO to change anything but to a BRGT35R - the lag is slightly more than the other Buschur Turbos but you are in 600 whp power range capability which totally transforms the car
I agree, I drive my gt35r daily and I am very happy with it so far. I can get around town easily and accelerate just like I did before on my 16g. hell my parents even use my car sometimes and they cant even tell I changed the car so much. I have only done about 4 street pulls to tune my car at 28psi (spark seems to be cutting out at 29psi+) and the car made 443 on stock ic and piping. The car is a beast compared to my stock turbo 340whp numbers. I totally advocate getting a gt35r(or br580) for your evo. Turbolag is SO overrated

Last edited by Blitzbaster02; May 23, 2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 23, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Blitzbaster02
I agree, I drive my gt35r daily and I am very happy with it so far. I can get around town easily and accelerate just like I did before on my 16g. hell my parents even use my car sometimes and they cant even tell I changed the car so much. I have only done about 4 street pulls to tune my car at 28psi (spark seems to be cutting out at 29psi+) and the car made 443 on stock ic and piping. The car is a beast compared to my stock turbo 340whp numbers. I totally advocate getting a gt35r(or br580) for your evo. Turbolag is SO overrated
Thanks for the feedback BB. What rpm do you hit 20 psi?

Last edited by robertrinaustin; May 23, 2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

All GT35r's that are on the market are going to make boost at basically the same time. Kit design and other variables have some effect on it but you are basically talking about spooling up a large turbo with a small engine. I am going to say the absolute best possible case a GT35R will make 20 psi at 4500 rpm, that is best case I can guess at.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 24, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

We are putting a GT35R on a car here right now. I changed some things and we are using the Tial wastegate on it, VERY SWEET. I am going to get some pictures of the kit on the head before it gets bolted to the car and will post them.

No need for the deposit. I said I will honor this sale as soon as you guys get 10 people together and I will.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 25, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

bump for pictures...

Old May 25, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

The pictures looked like crap. The manifold was rusty, so I am not going to post them. We have coated new manifolds coming in this week, I will get pictures when they come in. Car came out sweet. The Tial gate fits much nicer in the room we have than the HKS gate did.

This is the hardest pulling GT35R pump gas car I have driven yet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 25, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We are putting a GT35R on a car here right now. I changed some things and we are using the Tial wastegate on it, VERY SWEET. I am going to get some pictures of the kit on the head before it gets bolted to the car and will post them.

No need for the deposit. I said I will honor this sale as soon as you guys get 10 people together and I will.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I have seen a LOT of group buys, and If you don't take deposits then you can be assured that the group buy idea will fall through. I have no doubs at all about you honoring the deal, but if you don't force people to commit to a group buy they always find a reason to delay or drop out. So far we have a couple dozen "sounds great" posts, and two of us that I think are ready to actually pony up the $$$.

The other option is to run it as a special instead of a group buy saying that the next ten customers to buy a turbo kit get $200 off and free ceramic coating of the exhaust manifold.

Keith
Old May 25, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
i like the special idea also, its going to take too much time if you wait until 10 people are committed. also, Mr. Buschur, can you either post or pm an answer for post #38 please?
Old May 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

O.K. It is a special, not a group buy then. Whatever you guys want. I am still waiting on the damn manifolds, they should be here this week. It's been a good 4 weeks waiting on coating.

Anyway, just call and mention this deal that I posted here and place your orders. I will fill them as soon as we can, and won't charge you guys until they ship.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 25, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

David when will the 21g rls/
Old May 25, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know what rls/ is. Release? If so they are ready now.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 25, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Yes sorry. Release. Here are my following mods... pls if you can tell me what kind of #'s I would make on pump gas:

3" TBE
3" O2 housing
720cc injectors
Buschur FMIC kit will upper pipe - Tial BOV
AEM EMS
HKS 272 cams
ARP head studs
Intake you guys made me
Blitz SBCIDIII Boost controller.

What PSI is safe to run for daily pump gas driving? and how much power should I make on strictly pump gas? Thank you sir

Krunal
Old May 26, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on running a GT3076BB turbo with a external wastegate. What wastegate are you providing in your kits and what size? Also are you providing a dump tube? I had a Tial 35mm on my old civic and I loved it. If its a Tial I am assuming its going to be a 38mm because the 35mms were discontinued. (hint hint please give us some tial wastegates , they are awesome!!)

I have one more question for you. Is your MAF pipe going to bolt on and work with the GT3076BB turbo?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing: Any chance of a turbo kit Group Buy?