Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Custom work going on at Buschur Racing....

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Silencer, many ways to do things. We did that type of thing on the DSM's way back "in the day".

For this car the fuel cell is the best choice.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a little somethin somethin.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I asked David for you and he said the next time he is going to do an install he will call you first to see how you would do it before he starts.

Take care guys,

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
I would have double bagged it. Haha (reminds me of that armchair quarterback commercial...)
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Jarrod.

Above are more pics of some work on another customers car we are doing here. Custom GT40 BB turbo. This should be pretty darn sick when it is done.

The header locates the turbo towards the front of the car. We are using a custom built offset aluminum radiator to gain the clearance needed to build the header and locate the turbo where I wanted it.

This header was built in 1 day. The turbo is uses a divided housing and I kept the tubes on the header seperated. The turbo was turned around backwards to a typical EVO turbo to allow the exhaust to be built easier/more efficiently. It will not just go right into his BR 3" downpipe.

We will be doing a custom FMIC kit for this car also, once it is done it will be made public (the FMIC) and for sale.

The header is being milled now, once it comes back I will fit the wastegate(s) to it and build the exhaust.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I have (3) more of these GT40's here on the shelf for any of you guys that are interested in buying one. I believe I bought the last of them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
BTW - I have seen the ugly RUST issue rearing its head on my evo and several other Evos as well. If there is any thing I would consider a negative about the Evo it is the rust protection quality which is not up to the standards of our era.
What rust issues do we need to worry about, and is there anything preventative we can do about it?
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks good!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
absolutely amazing work. both cars looks awesome. keep up the great work guys!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Should have the header back today/tomorrow. The exhaust and wastegate will get finished then and the radiator will be going in. I'll post more pics for you guys to see when we are done.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

The car finally got worked on again today. It is so hectic here. The header is done, turbo mounted, wastegate finished. As you can see by the pictures I used a two into one design on the wastegate and used a single 44 mm Tial gate.

We did the coolant feed and return lines in AQP hose, -8. The new radiator is mounted and the upper and lower radiator hoses will be done tomorrow.

I ran the exhaust right back into our full 3" exhaust that was already on the car. The wastegate is an external dump.

This is probably one of the sweetest set-ups I have completed. I think it just looks wicked. I have restricted myself in the past to sticking with simple set-ups and using our off the shelf parts. For this particular customer we wanted something ultra sick.

Anti-lag and huge boost is right around the corner for this sucker!

Enjoy,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Here ya go. Another angle, one down low from the front for the wastegate and another from more of the rear of the car. Gives a better idea how it was done.

The radiator uses the factory mount on top and bottom and we were able to use a good size high flow Spal fan, same one we use in our turbo kits.

The aluminum for the new intercooler is being sheared and we hope to start on it tomorrow.

New intercooler will fit in the stock location and is good for 1150 horsepower. This is something we are going to be offering as soon as the first one is done. These measure 4x12x24. Our largest intercooler now measures 3.5x10x24 and is good for 750 horsepower. The new one will use larger inlets and outlets, this particular car is using 3" outlets with our 3" upper i/c pipe for the sheetmetal intake and 3" throttle body that is on the car. The upper i/c pipes we have now here instock and have had for quite some time, I don't believe they are on our website. They can only be used with a sheetmetal intake and 3" throttle body.

Hope you guys like it,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Nice fab work.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet

Now I hope it isn't *too* hectic in there for you guys to work on my exhaust Just kidding, I'm not in a big hurry at this point
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Nice, you guys are just going to keep getting better parts and my wallet isnt going to like that.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:09 PM

Nice work
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:45 PM

man, that set-up is sick. how much whp can the gt40 support