Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Custom work going on at Buschur Racing....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump for info
Old Jun 29, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
thadon84,

The swap isn't hard, just a matter of putting the parts from the 6 speed car into a earlier model. The job would only take a day if you had them all. Nothing wrong with the 6 speed but the 5 is working well for us.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 29, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

The car is finished and home in North Carolina. Factory bore Stg 3 2.0 liter engine and our Stg 3 head. Both have been on the car since August of 2003.

The road tuning went really well. While the car has no carpet, a/c or back seats it does have a very extensive roll cage in it. Weight of the car I would estimate to be 3075 without a driver in it. Still not a lightweight.

The customer wants the car for street, ends up mostly for street, road racing and drag. The car has factory wheels and regular Z rated tires on it, no soft compounds. Also has the factory big brakes on the car, coil overs etc. Still a blast to drive, stops and turns better than stock.

On the road it was extremely fast over 100 mph and even down low the lag isn't what I would have expected it to be. Not much slower than the GT35R, when they are laggy another 500-750 rpm doesn't make much difference. Spool up between gears is ver fast, .6 seconds from 30 psi, shift and back to 30 psi. That's very nice. Owner is an extremely fast shifter.

We took the car out to Norwalk last Friday. He hasn't driven the car in 4 months. The car only has a dual disc clutch in it, he wanted to take it easy enough on the car to make it last for an event back home the next day. (crazy, drove all night to race the next day)

Anyway, night started out pretty bad with the car not getting off the line, but the MPH looked pretty good.

Finally the 2nd to the last run of the night the car ran a 1.86 sixty foot time, which believe it or not was good, and an 11.01 @ 134 mph.

They loaded up the car, drove all night to NC and gave it a shot the next day. The car ended up running a 10.8 at 135 mph again, on a mid 1.8 sixty foot time.

Next upgrade will be tires and a triple disc clutch that will hold up.

This car was not built to compete with Al or AMS. This is a multi-purpose vehicle, with the stock large brakes a suspension set up to still handle a road course. This statement is also not to take anything away from either of those guys but the question was asked.

There is another car being built here now that will be set up primarily for drag racing, we are hoping for good results from it. Maybe even this week.

It's tough running 9's low 10's in an AWD, my respect goes to Al and AMS.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.om
Old Jun 29, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It's tough running 9's low 10's in an AWD, my respect goes to Al and AMS.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.om

but i guess turbotrix and their 9 second EVO can suck a nut right......they only have the fastest EVO 8 in recorded history...........
Old Jun 29, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Rex90,

Al and AMS ran their 9's and 10.0's with no nitrous. Jeff Hill from Turbo Trix is a good personal friend of mine, I have respect for him too, problem is he isn't involved there much anymore.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 29, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

thats interesting.......
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

wow

that looks tough
Old Jul 14, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Jarrod sweet pics man, totally bad a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

WOW! Holy crap, that thing just oozes testosterone. Great work Jarrod. Hey, where in NC is this car? I wanna go see!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kwman
WOW! Holy crap, that thing just oozes testosterone. Great work Jarrod. Hey, where in NC is this car? I wanna go see!
This car is not the one from NC that's a different one. But that one is still VERY nasty. This is another build we are doing.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

That is our new FMIC on the car too. The new intercooler is designed to handle 1150 hp. Crazy efficient. We tested it on the car from NC a few weeks ago. Intake temps got cooler as the car built speed. Started sitting on the side of the road with intake temps in the 116 range and by the time we'd hit 140 mph they were down to 104. Intercooler measures 24x4x13. We can do any size inlet/outlet you want. This particular car is 2.5" inlet and outlet as it uses a GT35R with a 2.5" outlet and our 65mm throttle body on our ported intake manifold.

Also, tried to use a rear brakes on this car like I spoke about earlier on this thread. I thought everyone else was nuts for not doing it. Not so. It isn't feasible. Not a matter of brackets to make it work, it would take some creative wheels spacers or odd wheel to make it work. Idea out the window. This car will be ready for the track as soon as it has front brakes on it.

We are using a new turbine housing design on this GT35R, waiting for results as if it works out this will be our new kit. I don't want to post pictures just yet as the installation just looks TOO good and I don't want the parts out there to be viewed until it does run a number and we are ready to sell them. I will consider the car a success with this housing and turbo if it runs 135 mph+ in the 1/4 mile with 35 psi of boost or less. Hopefully it will work out, if it does you guys can look forward to a VERY clean installation of a GT35R kit on a ceramic coated manifold, lower i/c pipe, 44mm Tial external wastegate, 02 housing and all the other little parts you need to install it for under $3,000.

We may do a track rental for testing of the car as NRP is so crowded it is hard to get more than one or two runs in anymore. If we do a track rental we will be letting our customers that continue to support us attend the rental for FREE.

We will get more pictures of the car up as time goes on. Little grocery getter here

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 20, 2005, 06:44 PM

just saw the pics of your new race intercooler on buschurracing.com
it appears that you changed the intercooler piping so that it is indistinguishable from the other intercooler packages you sell.

I don’t know about the rest of the people out there but I thought the visible piping was sic.
Can we order the race intercooler with the same piping set up you are running on the black car?

Last edited by sethrichmond; Aug 22, 2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't actually change the plumbing, I just changed where we mounted the intercooler. The black car has the FMIC mounted up high to sit flush with the bottom of the core support. In order to do that we had to cut away some of the front fascia. Most guys not only don't want to do this but don't have the tools to do it right. We then just dropped it down like our our FMIC kits and the plumbing fit right in the lower fascia.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David@Vishnu
Dave why the double plumb into the pump?

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I asked David for you and he said the next time he is going to do an install he will call you first to see how you would do it before he starts.

Take care guys,

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Wow, what a nice professional response.