Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Helix intake fits like total ****

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess not then, what about the ARC?
Old May 23, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Oh on another note, when your friend installs his intake, try to drop it in as a complete assembly (instead of piece by piece). It definately is a PITA to install, but once you do a few, it goes in quick. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S
Ill give that a shot, hopefully it goes on easier than Anj's did.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Ill give that a shot, hopefully it goes on easier than Anj's did.
DEFINITELY put it all together then drop it in! I think any intake on the EVO is a PITA just because of the lack of space in the engine compartment, its actually quite ridiculous. This is why Im switching to a mini battery and a straight upper pipe like BR or AMS.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:15 PM

intake

I just got done installing this intake in my 03. I pretty much had the same problems as you did. I did put the whole system together before dropping it in. The bolts for the adapter MAS did not line up(only 3 holes lined up) and the bolts were too short to use anything but the bolt and nut. For some reason i fell one clamp short for fitment issues. I tried them in all scenarios, but one would not fit so i had to use an old hose clamp. Also the hose for the dv was not too big, but too small. The hose clamps barely even fit on it together. It does seem that the intake sits a little low and comes real close to the inner body of the car. Just my .02 cents
Old May 24, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VegasEVO
I just got done installing this intake in my 03. I pretty much had the same problems as you did. I did put the whole system together before dropping it in. The bolts for the adapter MAS did not line up(only 3 holes lined up) and the bolts were too short to use anything but the bolt and nut. For some reason i fell one clamp short for fitment issues. I tried them in all scenarios, but one would not fit so i had to use an old hose clamp. Also the hose for the dv was not too big, but too small. The hose clamps barely even fit on it together. It does seem that the intake sits a little low and comes real close to the inner body of the car. Just my .02 cents
And you guys thought their intake is bad, wait'll you see their exhausts!
Old May 24, 2005, 11:24 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Gracing2000
Is the helix the best intake out right now for the EVO?
what about ARC, HKS and blitz? I used to have hks intake, and it fits perfectly and cost almost double than helix one.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mlevo
what about ARC, HKS and blitz? I used to have hks intake, and it fits perfectly and cost almost double than helix one.
Id have to say Helix is one of the best for the money. HKS is just so overpriced it kills me. I mean, their INTERCOOLER PIPES cost $700+. I will pay for quality where due, an intake is not as crucial a part compared to cams, where Ill pay the extra dollar for HKS over companies like GSC.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

get what you pay for

H 250.00
K 250.00
S 200.00

700 fo ic pipes- sweet. (not really)
the intakes are good, or they used to be. I had a 92 mr2 turbo and the intake was awesome!
Old May 25, 2005, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

I have the helix intake, it goes on easy when all put together. I think i relocated a bracket though, but install wa cake. I have there exhaust also and had to trim the inner of the bumper a tad, you cant see it as its on the lower back side, and it sits just fine in the opening. Great products for the money. As for the bolts, on intake all mine lined up just fine but they were to short. I purcahsed new bolts and lock washers for like a bucks. So helix intake pluss a buck still alot better deal than others out there. And damn does it sound good.
Old May 25, 2005, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

buschur racing best intake ever
Old May 25, 2005, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
DEFINITELY put it all together then drop it in! I think any intake on the EVO is a PITA just because of the lack of space in the engine compartment, its actually quite ridiculous. This is why Im switching to a mini battery and a straight upper pipe like BR or AMS.

Intake slipped right on as an assembly. I did have to reuse the stock clamp on the turbo because the one that was sent with the intake was too small, other than that it wasnt that bad.
Old May 26, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

I was out taking pics of my upper IC pipe because I am selling it this week, I snapped a shot (a bad one) of the MAS plate bolt/nut. This is WITHOUT the spacer. Comeon!
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I was out taking pics of my upper IC pipe because I am selling it this week, I snapped a shot (a bad one) of the MAS plate bolt/nut. This is WITHOUT the spacer. Comeon!
What is that a pic of?
Old May 26, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

There are 4 bolts with nuts and spacers that came with the intake. They are connecting the MAS and the adapter plate for it. One of the issues with the Helix intake was these bolts are hardly long enough to get the bolt on to and are no where near able to fit the spacers. It was a close-up of the bolt - i dont know why it came out so damn blurry.
Old May 26, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Matthew333
H 250.00
K 250.00
S 200.00

700 fo ic pipes- sweet. (not really)
the intakes are good, or they used to be. I had a 92 mr2 turbo and the intake was awesome!
HKS BLOWS!!!! waste of cash.i'll write HKS on a helix kit if you want,and sell it for double the price

Quick Reply: Helix intake fits like total ****