Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

400whp Possible With 21G on Pump, No Alky?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005 | 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the input Buschur, I was hoping I could get some insight out of you.
Old May 31, 2005 | 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Here is my input.

The 21g I bolted on the first time was the unit with the horrible compressor surge. The car ran 118.40 mph with me driving it on pump gas with less boost than the stock turbo had. That is a 2.1 mph increase and less boost.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
David,
What was your 1/4 mile time with the 118.40 mph trap?
Old May 31, 2005 | 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
I don't understand why Buschur touts their 2WD dyno figures as they were 4WD dyno figures. 393 on stock turbo with straight pump gas is GREAT if it were on a 4WD DYNO.

Everyone here is talking WHP at all 4 wheels, not just the front two.
why do people pay SO much attention to numbers? He is trapping 118 on pump, that means he is putting down some good power regardless on which dyno he tunes on.
Old May 31, 2005 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitzbaster02
why do people pay SO much attention to numbers? He is trapping 118 on pump, that means he is putting down some good power regardless on which dyno he tunes on.
IMO, trap speeds are just as variable as dyno numbers. A good driver, a good race track, a good racing day can easily make for up to a 5mph trap difference.

But I digress, the original post was regarding 400AWHP (dynojet) on pump, and I was just noting that Buschur racing should not state that their figures are almost at 400 if they're on a 2wd dyno.
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I plan to run the car again this Wednesday with the new clipped 21g and see what it will do.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
David,
What were the results from last night's run with the clipped 21g?

Mario
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Mario,

The 118.4 mph trap speed was an 11.97, that is the best ET I have personally run in the car.

anjapower,

You opinions don't matter much as anyone that has read what I have written over the last 3 years on EVOM knows I have a 2wd dynojet and have made it clear. What should matter is that the power at the wheels on our 2wd Dynojet match the same numbers produced on a AWD Dynojet and the car started with only 237 whp. It has risen to 393 whp on the same dyno.

Back to the subject. Went to the track with both EVO's last night. The new double clipped 21g, meaning both wheels are clipped. Turbo is ultra smooth, no surge. I ran the first run of 12.2 @115.4 mph, hit the revlimiter. I change programs too much and overlook the revlimiter half the time. It was set at 7500. Went to help my brother with his car. Made another pass in the RS, 12.14 at 115.34, same thing, forgot to move the damn rev limiter.
Back to my brothers car. Something is wrong with his (eneded up being a torn intercooler coupling) so I ask him to try my car as I obviously can't drive. He jumps in and runs 12.03 at 115.86, STILL FORGOT TO CHANGE THE DAMN REV LIMITER. He was .19 faster in the 60' that I was on my two other passes but ended up banging the rev limiter way early. DUMB DUMB DUMB on my part. Daniel then left the track and I asked Nick, my brother-in-law if he wanted to drive the car once. I THEN remember to change the rev limiter. He bogged the car and had a 2.17 sixty foot time but still ran 12.55 at 116.49 mph.

What I noticed on the logs were the boost, the way the turbo is now, still falls off more than I want to see. We are going to make yet another change to the turbo which I feel is going to make the turbo as good as it can get. I feel at the same boost levels, even now the turbo is worth a solid 15-20 whp more than stock.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, awesome results! Can't wait for the finished product! Keeps us posted Dave!