Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what kinda oil on brand new evo 8?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kinda oil on brand new evo 8?

I just bought my Lancer Evo 8 today..and i was wondering what kinda oil they put in brand new car..and im breakin my car in right now..and how much miles do i need to reach to break in my engine? im confused... help me here..im new to turbo cars....and new to this forum also..let me know about evo 8...i need to learn...thanks!
Old May 31, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

The manual says to use mobil 1. i cannot agree more. that is all i use in all of my cars. i use a 5w40 in mine. all i can tell you is that you cannot slack with changing the oil. the one thing that this car lives on is the oil. also do not put anything less than 93 octane in the gas tank. i have heard horor stories if you try to cheap out.
Old May 31, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

sorry i meant 92 octane, use th highest one they have...
Old May 31, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Why worry?

Break in with the Mobil1 that's in there, and change it out with new Mobil1 and a fresh Mitsu filter when you're supposed to. That whole thing about breaking in with different oil is just plain dumb - and was all started by some dough head who claimed 10 extra HP on a dyno or some other nonsense. The guys with the Mitsubishi pocket protectors in Japan won a bunch of WRC races. They built and designed your car. They know what they're doing. Second guessing engineers based on heresay or rumor is just plain stupid.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Here In cali we only have 91oct so use that, Mobil 1 is fine but when you've broken in your motor 500~1500 miles, switch to big dog Royal Purple