Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official HKS EVC V settings thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 09:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've never had a J-spec model in my hands personally but from what I have heard only the US PSI spec version had the offset feature. Now how much sense does that make???
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
normally it's the other way around. I will play with mine today and try to figure it out. I can't really set it yet because I am still breaking in my new clutch, but at least I can start to figure it out!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So any of you ever get any of the knobs A or B flashing red? For some reason my knob B keeps flashing red and i can't adjust the boost on it. It's freaking bugging me like crazy. I had this similar problem when it was first installed but somehow it went away. Not sure what i did back then but now its blinking again. Any help would be great. My boost is set at 62% and i'm hitting 24.2 psi. Going to go check on the gain as well right now.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 03:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When the knobs are flashing that means they were somehow or another moved while they were depressed in lock position. According to HKS you are supposed to click the blinking knob to where it comes out, take it back down to zero, then bring it back up to the percentage you had it set to. I have also found that if you keep it depressed you can just turn it back to the percentage it was set at and it will stop blinking.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

I am having the same problem, I can't adjust boost at all on either a or b both knobs flash. I can't tune it because the boost will be at about 24psi in A and 19 psi In B. I hate it, My clutch is broken in now and I can't put my foot down.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

I fixed my flashing light issue and now I can adjust boost again. Pop the knob that is flashing out turn it all the way clockwise up to 100% and then back down it will stop flashing and now you can reset the value. You must adjust A when A is red and B when B is red. I'm slowly adjusting it but I don't know if my Jap version has gain and I cant find offset. Any help would be great!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks mitsu, just fixed it on break at work, lol. Hey siclan, press and hold the mod button for awhile till you get to 5. Next hold mod again for a sec then it should read 7 on the screen. That should be the gain for boost setting A. Press mod again to see 8 for boost setting B. Just figured that out too, haha. Should be on there if you have the psi version.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ok im having problems with my evc. I have the black one so its in kpa. OK heres the problem i was getting tuned and the tuner said the evc wont go past 24psi and it was at 100%. Then he tried turning this other thing up, i think it was one of those modes and still wouldnt go past 24psi. He said this isnt the first one hes seen that has this same problem and said i need to send it to hks. Does anyone know if theres really a problem or am i doing something wrong?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Thanks mitsu, just fixed it on break at work, lol. Hey siclan, press and hold the mod button for awhile till you get to 5. Next hold mod again for a sec then it should read 7 on the screen. That should be the gain for boost setting A. Press mod again to see 8 for boost setting B. Just figured that out too, haha. Should be on there if you have the psi version.
I have a the KPa version, I have seen 5 on my screen I will play with it on my break and you said 7 will be my gain% if I have it?

WickedIxMR I have the Kpa version and I have seen it go over 25psi at 100% but they say it can hold 36psi. Maybe with the gain or the scramble feature is how you get that.... Anyone have any other thoughts or insights on this? On a side note Where do you live at in MD wicked?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

I did find the the gain and it is set at 100% now where is the offset?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
I have a the KPa version, I have seen 5 on my screen I will play with it on my break and you said 7 will be my gain% if I have it?

WickedIxMR I have the Kpa version and I have seen it go over 25psi at 100% but they say it can hold 36psi. Maybe with the gain or the scramble feature is how you get that.... Anyone have any other thoughts or insights on this? On a side note Where do you live at in MD wicked?
Oh i dont live there anymore but still have a house there which my brother lives in. Its in rockville and right now im living in ga. Does anyone want to go over this on the phone and help me boost higher than 24psi!
Old May 9, 2007, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
i thought the EVC could do either KPA or PSI...

guys how are you controlling your spikes?

my settings:
initial max: 10.5 psi
offset: 100
target a: 17psi

now my max recorded is about 19.5, but it tapers down to about 17 psi at redline...

is a spike like that normal?

can i achieve a constant 19psi over the whole rev range without delving into the RPM maps?