Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tilton clutches

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 07:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 are being installed currently here in Orlando. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Holy crap that thing looks crazy. Lot of work went into the design obviously, but Im wondering why is the friction surface so small compared to stock and other aftermarket clutches, is there any benefit to that?
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
Holy crap that thing looks crazy. Lot of work went into the design obviously, but Im wondering why is the friction surface so small compared to stock and other aftermarket clutches, is there any benefit to that?
That's how tilton's work they are a true Carbon on carbon design and have great holding power
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

What about the non carbon....
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Question is , IS your opinion based on the fact that you sell Exedy and QM ????

I have been quoted over 1700 on an Exedy Twin. I'd be interested in your price as you stated its MUCH LESS. PM me if you will
No, I can get setup for Tilton also but the point is that the Exedy is much less and people still don't fork out the cash. You already requested a price via PM, I will resend it.

I'm not quite sure why someone would choose a QM over a Tilton if the price is the same. It's expensive to do a clutch job on an Evo, so why not invest some money in the clutch itself, rather than on the labor changing them?
The QM is in essence $400 less. At $1,700 you get the hydraulic throwout bearing with the kit, it is worth $400.00.

The cost for a better clutch is high. The value of a better clutch isn't as apparent to people until they experience it first hand. Hp increases are where you feel a difference, that's why there is more money spent in cams, MBC, Exhaust, etc. For the cost of a good Twin ou can almost buy all of the things I just mentioned. Bang for the buck brothers.
Also, your average user will not need a twin disc clutch. Unless you are putting out the power or racing, the choice will always be to spend money in HP, not in controlling or tranferring it to the wheels.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

John,
That's my point; most owners don't need to shift at very high RPM but would love it if they only knew what they were missing.
I would like to see everyone get a twin disc so they can enjoy the experience but the cost is prohibitive to the average owner.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Great minds think alike!

Last edited by Shaker Motorsports; Sep 16, 2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

So, TILTON for 3700 or RPS 2800?
Which is better? And who has experience with any?

For example i had with RPS and it died in 2000miles!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Yaroslav,
With that HP rating you should be looking at a triple disc.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, I was all setup to get an exedy, but after installing several in other people's evos I just wasn't that impressed. It seems the quartermaster or tiltons are going to be the way to go. Could you guys elaborate on the specific differences between the two since they obviously both convert the car to push-type release?

Also if the vendors could provide quotes via PM for a Tilton or Quatermaster full cerametallic shipped to 60440 please.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

How are the tilton cerametallic and hybrid? Does anyone have any experience with them?
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nnorris7413
How are the tilton cerametallic and hybrid? Does anyone have any experience with them?
These are too new to get an opinnion at this time. I was trying to get my hads on any one of these new ones, and had to go with the RPS carbon.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

well you can have that 3995 that carbon/carbon cost do ya know what I could do with that much money, i aso have a friend that has a rps carbo/carbon that cost him about 1200 less and it has held stron with numbers of launches and completely acting a fool, because when the time comes and you have to repleace the tilton most arent going to wont to pay that much,money again.

Quick Reply: Tilton clutches