Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

how to achieve 400WHP on pump gas...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
why do i think the result of that will be very uninteresting? you can only drown out so much boost with ****. so with that... you might be able to boost by a decent rpm with the twin charge... but everything else will be same as an efficient turbo on **** water yeah?

you can get close to 400 horses on the wr the 3071 or if you're greedy the 3076 or 3037. that answers the question...
You're probably right about the peak HP number as it won't be anything spectacular on 91 octane fuel. However, I'm hoping that it will be very driveable even on 91 octane because of the supercharger which is made to build over 15 psi of boost at low rpms. Without the supercharger this turbo would be aweful on the street. It will be interesting to see the results.

I agree with you on turbo selections. The 3076 and the 3037 are awesome pump gas turbos.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:07 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 3240
My point is this: For someone who only wants to run 91 octane and not C16 you do not need a GT35 turbo to reach his goals. I wanted to show a dyno of my car making well over 400awhp with a smaller turbo. A GT35 turbo is awesome if you are going to run C16 and crank up the boost. A GT35 is also awesome if you are going to run alky and crank up the boost. THe poster of this thread says he doesn't want to run either alky or C16. For what you do it's the perfect turbo. For what the originally poster wants to do it's probably overkill. It's not an ideal pump gas turbo. He'd be better going with a slightly smaller more efficient turbo IMO. Just trying to help him with his decision.

Remember 600awhp is altitude corrected using a 1.25 correction factor. At this altitide my turbo made a max of 28psi (same turbo makes 34 psi at sea level). When we dyno'd it at sea level it was back up to almost 600awhp uncorrected. So the 1/4 times that I posted are actually very good, 124 mph is amazing at Bandimere in a car weighing 3300 lbs. In other words, you're wrong.
Well, ok! I was wrong. I didn't pay attention to the altitude so that number is good. I never get there (I'll some day) but I saw couple guys here also doing that number or more with less power or similar power. I think the altitude here is lower.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:09 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 3240
You're probably right about the peak HP number as it won't be anything spectacular on 91 octane fuel. However, I'm hoping that it will be very driveable even on 91 octane because of the supercharger which is made to build over 15 psi of boost at low rpms. Without the supercharger this turbo would be aweful on the street. It will be interesting to see the results.

I agree with you on turbo selections. The 3076 and the 3037 are awesome pump gas turbos.
Again! I don't think the lag is that bad. My car hit like a train around 4500 rpm on 91 oct. and I like driving it more than my MR except on a long trip.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by G20
Again! I don't think the lag is that bad. My car hit like a train around 4500 rpm on 91 oct. and I like driving it more than my MR except on a long trip.
You're right the lag on your car isn't bad at all. But, if you were never going to run more than 20-22psi wouldn't you have gone with a smaller turbo? I'm with you, for what I like to do (drag race) the GT35 is awesome. But if I was never going to fill her up with some C16 and crank up the boost (like the original poster) I'd go with a smaller turbo. That's my only point.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by G20
Well, ok! I was wrong. I didn't pay attention to the altitude so that number is good. I never get there (I'll some day) but I saw couple guys here also doing that number or more with less power or similar power. I think the altitude here is lower.
It's about 4000+ ft lower. I really like living in Colorado but for a car enthusiast altitude is a bummer. About 4 years ago when the BMW M5 came out they were really hard to find. I found one for MSRP (most places were marking them up) in Chicago so I flew to Chicago to pick it up and drove it back to Denver. The car was a beast, that is until I arrived home in Denver. I was shocked at the difference in performance. It didn't feel any quicker than the BMW 540 that I test drove in Chicago.

Sorry for getting so off topic.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Widebandphillip
I can't believe someone said white rabbit. Can you say hype? Remember guys he's looking for 400whp on pump. I'd say 35r =)
What are you talking about hype? I think 400whp is very attainable with the white rabbit, with supporting mods of course. There are people making 330-340whp on stock turbo. Sleet's car is making 315whp with HKS intake, 3"TBE, MBC at 21psi, Walbro FP,and a TT flash. He doesn't even have cams...yet.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
uhm... gt35r will make more than 500 hp on pump... your tuner sucks or you just don't know how to use that wide band phillip...
Old Jul 3, 2005, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

I sure would like to know what dyno would produce 500hp on 91 octane pump gas. You do know that we are talking about the 4G63 don't you? Can you tell me what boost level that was at?
uhm... gt35r will make more than 500 hp on pump... your tuner sucks or you just don't know how to use that wide band phillip...
Old Jul 3, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what in the hell are you talking about? your TOONER gave you too much crack

and 330-340whp is a long way away from 400, you do realize that bunny is a td05 turbo right?

i mean i think its a great turbo, and i might buy it, but you bandwagon folks make me laugh.

like when someone says my car made 400hp on c16....and some other noob is like "not without alky it didn't" LOL

BANDWAGON

again, im in no way bashing the WR, i think its a great turbo and great innovation. just some people get on my nerves with this crap
Old Jul 3, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
what in the hell are you talking about? your TOONER gave you too much crack

and 330-340whp is a long way away from 400, you do realize that bunny is a td05 turbo right?

i mean i think its a great turbo, and i might buy it, but you bandwagon folks make me laugh.

like when someone says my car made 400hp on c16....and some other noob is like "not without alky it didn't" LOL

BANDWAGON

again, im in no way bashing the WR, i think its a great turbo and great innovation. just some people get on my nerves with this crap
Wow, I couldn't agree more. 70whp from a compressor wheel upgrade alone would be about the most impressive gain I have ever seen from any modification ever. IMHO the white rabbit will be worth about half of that for average consumers.

It still gets on my nerves that the WR is even mentioned in this thread. The guy has a E60 T3T4 already, why would he want to go to a smaller turbo when he wants MORE POWER.

it's like people just shout out the name of the part that is on the first thread with the most views, regardless of actual thought. This hype was the same with BR's turbokit, and AMS's turbokit, and BR's 20G boltin. Just because it's the newest thing and one or two people post optimistic results, does not mean it is the solution to EVERYONES problem.

Last edited by DSMotorsport; Jul 3, 2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMotorsport
Wow, I couldn't agree more. 70whp from a compressor wheel upgrade alone would be about the most impressive gain I have ever seen from any modification ever. IMHO the white rabbit will be worth about half of that for average consumers.

It still gets on my nerves that the WR is even mentioned in this thread. The guy has a E60 T3T4 already, why would he want to go to a smaller turbo when he wants MORE POWER.

it's like people just shout out the name of the part that is on the first thread with the most views, regardless of actual thought.
Yeah I don't think anyone in their right mind actually thinks the wr alone will get them 70 whp. I have a 9.8 hotside so with the wr I'm looking to gain 30-35 on 93. but I'm putting it all in at the same tiem as injectors, ic, intake mani, and some other supporting stuff. I'm hoping close to 400, I'll let you know once the effin turbo gets here...
Old Jul 3, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
What are you talking about hype? I think 400whp is very attainable with the white rabbit, with supporting mods of course. There are people making 330-340whp on stock turbo. Sleet's car is making 315whp with HKS intake, 3"TBE, MBC at 21psi, Walbro FP,and a TT flash. He doesn't even have cams...yet.
attainable..possibly. would it be a smart change to make when there is a T3T4 60E/stage3 on the car already...um no completely retarted if your looking for more power than the 60E

and thinking a compressor wheel is going to take you from 330 to 400+ with no other changes.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
Yeah I don't think anyone in their right mind actually thinks the wr alone will get them 70 whp. I have a 9.8 hotside so with the wr I'm looking to gain 30-35 on 93. but I'm putting it all in at the same tiem as injectors, ic, intake mani, and some other supporting stuff. I'm hoping close to 400, I'll let you know once the effin turbo gets here...
Great...your realistic. If you go into it expecting to gain 30-35-40hp from the turbo upgrade (and that's alot of gain for a compressor wheel change), you will love that White rabbit. Keep us posted!
Old Jul 3, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
Doesn't the WR have a 10.5 hotside? I know Buschur's does.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMotorsport

it's like people just shout out the name of the part that is on the first thread with the most views, regardless of actual thought. This hype was the same with BR's turbokit, and AMS's turbokit, and BR's 20G boltin. Just because it's the newest thing and one or two people post optimistic results, does not mean it is the solution to EVERYONES problem.
I am not saying he should go to a smaller turbo. I am just saying for those of us that still have the stock turbo, the WR is a great path, considering you don't have to make as many changes like with the trims and whatever.

Quick Reply: how to achieve 400WHP on pump gas...