Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur race "chip" - a big success

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sleet
I don't get this at all lol, you just plug this thing in and get 20whp or you need to have it tuned aswell? Also would you use it for daily driving or only plug it in when you goto the track?
For track days and race gas.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

And it requires no tunning?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Is there going to be any more information about this ? lol
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sleet
And it requires no tunning?
Ok , from what ive read in the past the sweet spot for tuning/dynoing/racing/roadracing...... is 173-190 degrees. So WHEN the temp goes up ecu adds fuel and that kills power . This "chip" helps the ecu think its still in that sweet spot range even when the temp goes above 190ish so the A/F ratio doesnt change . I think that why Al dynoed the test car from the 1st page in 5th gear to show how heat kills power (not enuf air flow) then the chipped run the power didnt fall off . Btw this is what I THINK , I could be wayoff on this one.

I dont have a Buschur-Flash , but a dynoflash so can i get this chip ?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

So here:
Wouldn't a low temp thermostat do the same job as the "chip"? It would cause your motor to actually stay at a lower temp, correct?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt55
Ok , from what ive read in the past the sweet spot for tuning/dynoing/racing/roadracing...... is 173-190 degrees. So WHEN the temp goes up ecu adds fuel and that kills power . This "chip" helps the ecu think its still in that sweet spot range even when the temp goes above 190ish so the A/F ratio doesnt change . I think that why Al dynoed the test car from the 1st page in 5th gear to show how heat kills power (not enuf air flow) then the chipped run the power didnt fall off . Btw this is what I THINK , I could be wayoff on this one.

I dont have a Buschur-Flash , but a dynoflash so can i get this chip ?
I think everyone is allowed to buy this but if you have a buschur flash its 5 dollars and if you get a bushur flash now then it comes with it automatically. I believe I saw a thread awhile ago from david about somthing like this and costing $15 bucks, either way you cannot go wrong for that amount of power.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
So I understand that this is for race gas applications since the excessive coolant enrichment is made to prevent knock... where as the race gas will do the same so this will stop the coolant enrichment that was there to do the race gas's job...

So my question is, will this produce the same results on a car using methanol injection to prevent knock for everyday use? If so, definitely interested... and do you have an install write-up?
*bump* for answer...
Old Jul 7, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

I talked to david and he said that it did make power but it threw a CEL, I don't think they are going to post anymore info untill they figure out what the CEL is.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

it keeps the fans on continuously to make sure the temps stay at a safe level doesnt it?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

From what i've read there is a sweet spot of engine temp for tunning, racing and all that ****. The "sweet spot" is between 173-190 degrees, once it gets above 190 it starts to add fuel to make sure that everything is safe, basically what this chip does it make the ECU always think its in the "sweet spot" range so you're air to fuel ratio doesnt change and you maintain power.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

so... noone else is interested anymore in 20whp for a few bucks? Al, is there any way for me to get one? I have a dynoflash, so Buschur told me he can't sell it to me..... if this is so, (while I respect him and his products) I'm gonna have to get to the bottom of this and make one. He could just sell me one and make some money, or not and make no money b/c we figure it out and make em for 80 cents from radioshack.
...heck, if its easy enough I'd make em at home and sell em on EvoM for $2
Old Aug 30, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

I tried to buy one too but david said since i'm tuned from a different person that I shouldnt get it.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

well, that actually may be true, but for me (w/ WI) it would be of great use.... so unfortunately it's not that he thinks that it's not a good idea... he just won't sell it.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honki24
...heck, if its easy enough I'd make em at home and sell em on EvoM for $2
DO IT!!!!!
Old Aug 30, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I would take one if I could get my hands on it...somehow..

Quick Reply: Buschur race "chip" - a big success