Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur race "chip" - a big success

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by honki24
BINGO... that's the rub, you gotta have THEIR flash... I have a dynoflash... It still just doesn't make sense to me why you either wouldnt sell it and make a profit, or make a formal explanation as to why you wont sell it w/o the flash (ie: it will blow your car up)

Ah well, don't care now, its as easy as a flick of a switch for me now (plus the fan turns on still)

So what did you do?? Wire a DPDT switch?
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by honki24
BINGO... that's the rub, you gotta have THEIR flash... I have a dynoflash... It still just doesn't make sense to me why you either wouldnt sell it and make a profit, or make a formal explanation as to why you wont sell it w/o the flash (ie: it will blow your car up)

Ah well, don't care now, its as easy as a flick of a switch for me now (plus the fan turns on still)
That's just it, I am flashed by Al (dynoflash). Maybe I got lucky
Old Sep 19, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GOKOU
So what did you do?? Wire a DPDT switch?
yeah, it worked well, used one side to turn on fan (trickier than you might think, its powered {grounded} by a relay), and used the other side to switch between the resistance and the thermistor.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Can anyone post pics of the area to install and the temp sensor for this "race chip"? It'd be a big help. Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have a pic to post, but I can walk you through it pretty easily. Follow your upper coolant hose from your radiator towards engine block/valve cover. You will see it end at the silver thermostat. Now look on the back side of that thermostat (and a little lower) and you will see another smaller black hose and just to the lower left of that you will see a plug that goes into the temp sensor. Unplug that plug from the sensor and you will plug the race chip into the plug you just pulled. Each end of the race chip will go into each hole on that plug you just pulled. Tape it in when you go to the track so it won't fall out.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks very much. I'm gonna see if my stupid a$$ can follow your well detailed instructions. I'll prolly end up plugging this chip into the air conditioning or something. Hey, at least I'll have fast AC. Thanks again!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Creamo3
Tape it in when you go to the track so it won't fall out.
If you double over the ends of the wire, it will fit very snug into the plug and no tape will be needed.