Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Smokedmustangs Dyno at Dyno4mance!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wohoo, I should be picking up my car tonight, smoked.

Need to break it in for at least 500 miles before we tune it, though. Right now the only concern is that with the 280s it seems to be spooling later than normal... however that is also with the cams set to 0/0 and a minimal tune/boost.

l8r)
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Ludikraut

Need to break it in for at least 500 miles before we tune it, though. Right now the only concern is that with the 280s it seems to be spooling later than normal... however that is also with the cams set to 0/0 and a minimal tune/boost.

l8r)
sounds like a wicked setup!! need more on the mods!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:
Alky kit problem was due to faulty MAP sensor, one on the way from AMS! Thanks!
Andrew, If you can find it, I believe I have a back-up one in the trunk,glovebox, or on the floor inside the car, you can try that one if you can find it! thanks again to AMS, and your troubleshooting Andrew!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut

l8r)
Hey Ludi,
Don't the "bigger" turbos spool up later than stock anyway? The TME spools up way quicker, and even more quicker with the side pipe open! Just wait till you tune it, you will be happy as Hell. I think the 0/0 set is for max hp also! You have the set-up I want, and I almost got it last year, but the wife started to taste the Antifreeze in the food I cooked, so will have to wait a little longer! Life insurance lapsed anyhow!

Raise your hand if you think I need counseling!, Actually I have been married 14 years, and she knows I bust up on her, she has a great sence of humor!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

I thought I heard the blue beast the other night....maybe a ghost?
Been revving the RA under bridges until the return of the Sticker Beast!

Last edited by Eclipse2Lancer; Jul 6, 2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

could have been me! haha
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

It was Killa for sure, E2L, your car sounds sweet with that AEM intake, I could use you in the fall to pick up leaves in the street, oh wait a minute, I just have 1 Charlie Brown tree on my property-scratch that! My car might be done this week yet, or early next week! Will keep you posted though!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
It was Killa for sure, E2L, your car sounds sweet with that AEM intake, I could use you in the fall to pick up leaves in the street, oh wait a minute, I just have 1 Charlie Brown tree on my property-scratch that! My car might be done this week yet, or early next week! Will keep you posted though!
Yeah...it does kinda sound like a vacuum cleaner before it hits MIVEC....then it just gets NASTY!
Old Jul 7, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

It does appear that the "dyno-rip" will happen beginning of next week, as needed parts are enroute from here and my friends at AMS!
Old Jul 8, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

So the blue beast will be roaming again soon? Good thing you have that big ol' RV to drive around in the meantime!
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

yes, Next week for sure,
Andrew, the "pigtail will arrive at your door tomorrow (sat), good luck!
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Andrew, If possible/feasable, post picture of blue flame spitting out the sidepipe, and remember, have the fire-extinguisher handy! Good luck, and I hope the tune turns out, and we dont have too many "slipping" issues.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Today is the DAY! numbers and pix hopefully up sometimes today!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Got a call from Andrew this morning, with the standard greetings, followed by : you want the GOOD news or the BAD news? The good was he "fixed" the alky kit, the bad was the walbro might have took a DUMP! it was idling on the dyno a little LEAN! He did have a Walbro there, and I guess he installed it, and should be doing the dyno today, tonight or tomorrow, I was affraid to call him, as I didn't want to hear any more bad news, he will post or call me when HE is ready. Will post info when I get it, or when he wants to post it!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Got a call from Andrew this morning, with the standard greetings, followed by : you want the GOOD news or the BAD news? The good was he "fixed" the alky kit, the bad was the walbro might have took a DUMP! it was idling on the dyno a little LEAN! He did have a Walbro there, and I guess he installed it, and should be doing the dyno today, tonight or tomorrow, I was affraid to call him, as I didn't want to hear any more bad news, he will post or call me when HE is ready. Will post info when I get it, or when he wants to post it!
Kevin,

Hopefully the Beast will come alive. Don't worry man you are in good hands with Andrew, he will fix that bad boy up and tune it on the Dyno to make you some impressive #'s.