Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Smokedmustangs Dyno at Dyno4mance!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
The car left with 299whp pump and a very safe tune that will be good for racing/tracking! Over 95% of the power it came in with and will last a lot longer this way.

Smoked, if I were you, I'd consider selling the meth kit (if you can get it repaired) and going back to race gas instead. You'll get the same power, roughly the same cost (or less if you run 110), and way less drama.

Good luck no matter what you decide. And get that clutch checked out.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow....after all that, glad to hear the beast is coming home. Sorry to hear that 3 MAP sensors met their maker before someone realized to check the voltage. At least the problem is identified and a solution is on the way.
I'll bring over some hot dogs so we can cook them in the blue flame!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

FOR SALE:

1 Methanol injection kit never used!!
1 triple plate clutch (carbon)
under dash wires ( all colors/ various lengths) make offer!

No, things will be ok, I will sort it out later! the race gas issue is: i had to drive to the drag strip 1 hour from home to get the 110 leaded. which is the fuel Shiv dynoed the car on last July in chicago, and I get tired of lugging the 5 gal. tanks with me, and it was getting pretty expensive!

Killa, the "flame thrower" kits look great on a "skirted" '53 Mercury, but mine will look better "naturally" under high RPM and belching out! not at idle like the kits do it. What were you doing in South America?
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
FOR SALE:

1 Methanol injection kit never used!!

You're making me think twice about purchasing an alky kit now
Old Jul 16, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't you see if you can buy 55 gal drums of racegas and have them delivered to you ... OR ... see if you can talk a local gas station into buying them for you.

l8r)
Old Jul 16, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

wtf kev....

yo, we need to set up a tune day at dyno4mance for the east coast this summer. maybe one day we'll get our **** together.

i know my alky kit untuned on my previous 110 map is ****ing awesome. you want me to tell you how to make more boost at redline????/

pm me your number brody.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

The WTF continues!!!!!!!!!! I just got the car home, its on the trailer, and I unhooked it and turned the key to get it off the trailer and..................THE CAR WONT START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Xede is flashing red quickly!! WTF. I AM NOT taking it off the trailer, as with my luck, It will miss the ramps and roll over 10 times, and come to a rest upside down in my front lawn!!!!! Someone help!!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone want to tell me how to start the car and get it off the trailer? help a brother out!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

wow kevin i don;t even know what to say. Sorry to hear all this stuff has turned out so bad. I actually haven;t been in south america unless you count the carribean. Just fry some people and you will feel better about **** not working out i guess. At least it would make my twisted mind feel right at home. Anyways its good to hear the blue beast is home...i'm still driving the 911...which feels much slower than my evo....i'll drop by later this weekend/week
Old Jul 17, 2005, 05:08 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear.
The reason the XEDE is flashing red is because the car isn't running. They all do that.

The car drove onto the trailer just fine, and when Andrew left it, there weren't wires hanging everywhere. That happened because Bill was testing the alky kit.

Since Bill is local to you, it stands to reason that he can trace what he did that would cause this to occur. What position is your XEDE map switch in? When he tried to rewire it, did the same thing happen as before, and are you flooded with methanol again?

Check those things and let us know, please. Good luck with a swift resolution. I know you will be very satisfied with the mapping once you get the wiring restored.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Wow, sorry to hear.
The reason the XEDE is flashing red is because the car isn't running. They all do that.

The car drove onto the trailer just fine, and when Andrew left it, there weren't wires hanging everywhere. That happened because Bill was testing the alky kit.

Since Bill is local to you, it stands to reason that he can trace what he did that would cause this to occur. What position is your XEDE map switch in? When he tried to rewire it, did the same thing happen as before, and are you flooded with methanol again?

Check those things and let us know, please. Good luck with a swift resolution. I know you will be very satisfied with the mapping once you get the wiring restored.
Thanks Noize, I looked at the resivoir and the methanol is gone!, and I have tried every (both) Xede banks, and the light flickers red, turn the key over, and it seems like its flooded again! I popped the hood, and do see the MAP sensor is disconnected, but the PUMP is still running (the ALKY pump)with the key turned up one position, not turned over as if engaging the starter. I dont know how to get the alky pump to NOT run, and what do I put in there in the meantime H2O or nothing? I really appreciate all your help Noize. I wont try to re-start the car again until I know how to shut the pump OFF! will check with Bill and keep you posted.

It seems as the problem is the same Andrew and I expierenced on day 1, the intake is getting flooded with the methanol as the pump is continuing to pump with the key on (before starting the car). Bill said if the MAP is disconnected, the pumping should not occur. I am at a loss! this obviously is no fault on Dyno4mance Andrew or yourself, You guys still get the Uber-props!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Jul 17, 2005 at 06:32 AM. Reason: ...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

just unhook the power to the meth kit. There should be a power to the controller and a power to the pump itself, and it should be easy to find.

Damn guy, i thought i was having a lot of problems with my stuff right now....you take the cake!

How hard is that meth kit to wire up? Im no electrician by any means, and i wired mine up with zero problems, it was really easy.

You got a wiring diagram for that kit? Mine is the SMC kit, so i can't help you exactly.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 06:53 AM

I feel sorry for mustang..

Dood whatever you did God really has it out for you and your car. Maybe you should go buy a Kia now before he blows your car up.

My suggestion would be to unwire that alky kit and throw that ***** away. Part of that kit is bad i doubt its the wiring after all those guys have looked at it. Most likely its another part that is defective. Just uninstall it and be happy.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
just unhook the power to the meth kit. There should be a power to the controller and a power to the pump itself, and it should be easy to find.

Damn guy, i thought i was having a lot of problems with my stuff right now....you take the cake!

How hard is that meth kit to wire up? Im no electrician by any means, and i wired mine up with zero problems, it was really easy.

You got a wiring diagram for that kit? Mine is the SMC kit, so i can't help you exactly.
Hey Jeff, actually I have NO problems with my car, its just I "created" these problems to make you feel better about yourself and your "issues!

Just kidding. I dont know which box to disconnect or where, as I didn't hook it up. will keep you posted. have you checked my "clutch gone" post? thats my biggest hemmroid now, as what to do, and what happened to it!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

yes, i have checked it. I kinda put my comment about all of that here. I have no idea what to tell you there, maybe you have a faulty pressure plate??????

Sucks because thats one of the only problems that this car can have that is REALLY hard to fix without lots of time, tools, and experience. I hate that for you, thats why i wish someone who made clutches also did the install so it could all be warranteed instead of you having to pay another 500+ for an install.

Just find the wiring harness coming off the alky pump and unplug it, or cut it if there is no plug.