Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Smokedmustangs Dyno at Dyno4mance!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Smokedmustangs Dyno at Dyno4mance!

First of all, I started this thread with intent to put my dyno #'s down here, as I am talking about it on my "side-pipe" thread, it could get confusing!

First of all, my Dyno is not done yet, only got the "pump-gas" map, as I was having problems with the Alky-kit! not the product, but the install!
Friday PM, my 7year old daughter and I went out to pick-up dinner, just dumped 100% VP methanol in the intercooler spray bottle, to make sure it didn't leak, and it didn't.
I got stopped in traffic, the car was running like crap, like it was flooded like a carberator car, and after repeated "attempts" to start it, It was obvious it wouldnt start, so Me and my daughter got out of the car, she was in back seat behind me, and when we looked at the ground, we were STANDING in a huge puddle of Methalol! good thing there wasnt any spark, or we would be doing the invisible flame-dance!

We arrived at Dyno4mance and strapped the car down for the pump-gas map, after doing a few runs, the clutch would start to slip under load. not every run, just here and there, I called Matt Gold of Daiken clutch, and he advised us we had to "warm-up" the triple carbon first. we got the pump-gas map done, and the serpentine belt shredded! had to get a new one! Once that was replaced, it was time to turn on the Methanol pump for that map. This pump should work under pre-set boost numbers, but when I turned the key over, Andrew told me to stop! as he heard the pump filling up the intake with raw Methanol BEFORE the car was even started! If I got it to start, Kaboom! anyway, the car is still there until I get the wiring figured out, and that is why the car was "flooded" the Friday before, as the pump was filling up my intake when it shouldn't have!

Andrew did say I got the #2 spot as far as pump gas Dyno #'s go (out of 170 + Evos dynoed by him), cant wait to see the pump-gas AND Meth Dyno #'s.

The numbers are NOT important to me, I could have sought a Dyno machine that would have given me higher numbers, but its about the tune, not the overall #!!!!

I strongly advise you to check out the Dyno4mance website when it come to your go-faster parts, and when you get your car dynoed, it is well worth the trip. I drove 8 hours one way!

I also want to extend my sincere thanks to you Andrew for going out of "box" to help me get the car running, put back together etc... you went way beyond the call of duty to do so, I cant thank you enough! My kids did lose a dollar in your soda machine though, take it off the bill!
Thanks to you Matt Gold for the Clutch help, and Luis for helping me trouble shoot the Alky issue. sorry for being too wordy, but will post graphs and Numbers when the whole thing is done! should be end of this week!

It also appears the side-pipe netted 0 AWHP gain at all with pump-gas, will see with the Meth kit. Side-pipe will spit out a fire-ball out the side for sure, Andrew said I might need mods to keep the flame to minimum, or protect the paint!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Jul 4, 2005 at 10:27 AM. Reason: ...
Old Jul 4, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

when you goin back? you never answered me in the other thread....i might see if i can get up there at the same time to tune.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well at least the side pipe sound cool
Old Jul 4, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
when you goin back? you never answered me in the other thread....i might see if i can get up there at the same time to tune.
Hey Jeff, sorry about not answering, it depends on when Andrew gets finished, he is a busy guy and will slop in when he can to finish/sort out my car, I will let you know as soon as I hear,
and yes the pipe sounds cool, and I like the way it looks, so mission accomplished for me, wasn't seeking any more HP gains.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

will it atleast be on a saturday?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
will it atleast be on a saturday?
Yes my friend, not earlier. gotta work.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

am i missing something, or did you post up your pump gas numbers somewhere else?

id like to see the power you made on pump gas.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
am i missing something, or did you post up your pump gas numbers somewhere else?

id like to see the power you made on pump gas.
You didn't miss it, I didn't post it. I think my "warm-up" pull was 312 or 318 on Pump-gas. I would like the really aggressive map saved for the "race-map" with the Alky. So I lowered my final Pump-gas Dyno # to I believe 308? (A more "conservative" tune if you will.) Again the paperwork is in the car, so cant give concrete #'s till the car is back. sorry. I will post all the graphs when I get the car, as well as FINAL numbers!

I am not one to get stuck on the "numbers", but this number would be definetly higher on a dyno-jet, dont know how to convert it though. Its all about the tune, not the number in the end! Will keep you posted!
Kevin
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
308whp * 1.12 ~ 1.17 = 345whp ~ 360whp on a dynojet
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
Thanks for the input Event-Horizon!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your kind words about the shop Kevin
It was good meeting you this weekend....I will try to troubleshoot your car by the end of the week as I have a few motorcycles to tune this week that have been waiting a while to get on the dyno....
Please call me at the beginning of next week for an update..
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Event-Horizon

where do you get this equation? Is it validated or anything?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dyno4mance
Thanks for your kind words about the shop Kevin
It was good meeting you this weekend....I will try to troubleshoot your car by the end of the week as I have a few motorcycles to tune this week that have been waiting a while to get on the dyno....
Please call me at the beginning of next week for an update..
Take your time Andrew, the shop and you are A-1, and will be my shop of choice for parts and Tuning. I highly recommend Andrew and Dyno4mance to anyone! Look up his website, and I was blown-away by the expierence, you will too!

I was hoping to hear you say "would you like a "spot" of tea?" maybe next time!
My kids love the "stickers" you let them have, they did take a Dyno4mance one, which will find its way on the hood of my car, there is still room!
Talk to you soon!
Kevin

P.S. I will bring my kids with me next time also, as we have been going over flash-cards on what a GT35R turbo looks like, and once you are distracted...........one of my little "midgets" might make a run for the back-door carrying a "box" of goodies! (Just kidding, I guess I am S.O.L.)
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDylan
where do you get this equation? Is it validated or anything?
It really depends on the dynojet. The newer model 424x dynojets read around 12% higher than a Dynodynamics. Older models have been known to read upwards of 17%. The way to determine the difference is to take what someone has made on a DD dyno and divided it by what they got on a Dyno jet. An example would be 307whp DD / 350whp 424x DJ = .877, 1.00 - .877 = 12.2%.

Lets just not let this thread turn into a dyno pissing match. This is just for general reference.

Last edited by Event-Horizon; Jul 5, 2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

interesting, good stuff to know.