Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

another downpipe thread.......

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another downpipe thread.......

I know this subject has probably been beaten to death but I have a couple of quick questions for anyone using the DC Sports downpipe w/ cat-delete.

and yes I searched and couldnt find the info I was looking for, maybe Im a dumb-a$$, whatever

1. is the downpipe 3", 2.75", 2.5" or what??? no diameter size listed anywhere
2. does the diameter taper at all and where if so?
3. is there a bung for the O2 sensor or would I have to run a CEL fix?
3. any fitment issues?

Im looking at either the DC Sports dp or the RS-R dp w/ cat-delete. Id prefer to use any dp with the cat-delete so anybody with either of these dp's your input would be much appreciated. Sorry this was so long

thanks,
chris
Old Jul 7, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

bump........
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:32 PM

I can tell you this tuesday when i get mine ( DC sports)
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ries
I know this subject has probably been beaten to death but I have a couple of quick questions for anyone using the DC Sports downpipe w/ cat-delete.

and yes I searched and couldnt find the info I was looking for, maybe Im a dumb-a$$, whatever

1. is the downpipe 3", 2.75", 2.5" or what??? no diameter size listed anywhere
2. does the diameter taper at all and where if so?
3. is there a bung for the O2 sensor or would I have to run a CEL fix?
3. any fitment issues?

Im looking at either the DC Sports dp or the RS-R dp w/ cat-delete. Id prefer to use any dp with the cat-delete so anybody with either of these dp's your input would be much appreciated. Sorry this was so long
I apologize in advance for not having your answers, but I am curious why you and others choose your DP without knowing any of the details. I mean, if you don't even know if it suits your needs, then why have you chosen it instead of one of the TONS of DPs out there that are proven, that look nice, and that have been tried and tested by many people on this forum?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I apologize in advance for not having your answers, but I am curious why you and others choose your DP without knowing any of the details. I mean, if you don't even know if it suits your needs, then why have you chosen it instead of one of the TONS of DPs out there that are proven, that look nice, and that have been tried and tested by many people on this forum?
why do you always bash on people?? all your comments in most threads are "I am so great, my mods are the best, do what I do, you dont have what I have so it must be wrong." Get a life dude I aint the only one here that thinks this either.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

the reason i havent made any decision on a dp yet is because i dont have all the details. i want a full 3" dp preferably w/ a cat-delete because I figure I might as well kill 2 birds w/ one stone. so far DC and RS-R are the only dp's ive seen that have a cat-delete. id also like to know if they have the O2 bung so I know whether or not to buy 1 or 2 weld-in bungs (O2 sensor, AF meter) I like DC because I know the quality is there. feedback from owners of DC and RS-R owners would help put but on the other hand if you recommend another set up by all means please share because im open to any suggestions. I just want quality parts for decent prices and no bullsh*t

chris
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chase2000gt
I can tell you this tuesday when i get mine ( DC sports)
looking forward to it

thanks
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there have been a coule of magazine write ups done including that dp, good soild gains were achieved. The only downside is emissions..if you have to worry about it that is..
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
there have been a coule of magazine write ups done including that dp, good soild gains were achieved. The only downside is emissions..if you have to worry about it that is..
The writeups didn't show gains from adding a DP to a system that already has a cat-back and retains the stock cat. You have to remember the scenario when quoting "gains." Buschur did this exact thing and showed negligible gains when adding the DP on the stock cat...
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

the reason i havent made any decision on a dp yet is because i dont have all the details. i want a full 3" dp preferably w/ a cat-delete because I figure I might as well kill 2 birds w/ one stone. so far DC and RS-R are the only dp's ive seen that have a cat-delete. id also like to know if they have the O2 bung so I know whether or not to buy 1 or 2 weld-in bungs (O2 sensor, AF meter) I like DC because I know the quality is there. feedback from owners of DC and RS-R owners would help put but on the other hand if you recommend another set up by all means please share because im open to any suggestions. I just want quality parts for decent prices and no bullsh*t
Ah, see, now that makes perfect sense. You are looking only for a DP that includes the cat delete all as one piece. Hopefully, the other guy with the DC DP can help you out when he gets his, but I also know a guy locally selling his used DC DP (includes cat delete) for $230, although he'd rather not have to ship it. You could possibly buy it from him, but if nothing else, you could ask him your questions.

I do know that The Speed Factor (my cat-back) sells a 3" exhaust that includes a DP with integrated cat delete all as one piece that is fully 3" without a neckdown, but I don't think they've started offering it as a separate piece. I know that when I move to Colorado (no emissions in colorado springs), I will be completing my exhaust by using their piece to go with their matching cat-back that is already on my car.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by althemean
why do you always bash on people?? all your comments in most threads are "I am so great, my mods are the best, do what I do, you dont have what I have so it must be wrong." Get a life dude I aint the only one here that thinks this either.
I wasn't bashing; I was asking for an explanation. He gave it, and it made perfect sense, so then I was able to provide assistance. Yes, my mods are pretty good, since they cost very little and helped me achieve 12.2s without being ricey, excessively loud, and while appearing almost 100% stock, but I know they aren't the best mods out there. Yes, you made a mistake buying a DP to go with a stock cat when a tuning device would have been much more beneficial, but at least now you know...
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

The writeups didn't show gains from adding a DP to a system that already has a cat-back and retains the stock cat. You have to remember the scenario when quoting "gains." Buschur did this exact thing and showed negligible gains when adding the DP on the stock cat...
the DC Sports dp replaces the stock dp and the cat thats why im looking at either the DC or RS-R because these are the only dp's so far that ive found that do this. Emissions isnt an issue and if I can get a dp and testpipe combo for cheaper then Ill go that route, but so far this seems do be the cheapest way to go with quality still in mind.

If anybody has any suggestions or comments about and dp and test pipe set-up please feel free to use this thread to help me out.

thanks
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

I wasn't bashing; I was asking for an explanation. He gave it, and it made perfect sense, so then I was able to provide assistance. Yes, my mods are pretty good, since they cost very little and helped me achieve 12.2s without being ricey, excessively loud, and while appearing almost 100% stock, but I know they aren't the best mods out there. Yes, you made a mistake buying a DP to go with a stock cat when a tuning device would have been much more beneficial, but at least now you know...
whatever...mistake?? you idiot. I made the choice to buy it to use with the stock cat to stay street legal. I see what you write in other threads. After I write saying you are giving this guy crap you get all nice. Dont act all high and mighty with me anymore pal.

Ries:
there are pics of my JIC at this thread if you want to see just to compare

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=145668

Last edited by althemean; Jul 8, 2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Can't anyone answer his questions!
Old Jul 10, 2005, 12:33 PM

looking forward to it

thanks
I did a fair amount of searching before deciding on the DC. I wanted what you want, a downpipe with cat delete. From my findings, it is a full 3" and fits 03/04 and 2005 models. The o2 bung will be on the cat-back. Its actually on sale for $232 shipped. Do a search and youll find it.