Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Building, New AWD Dyno, New Chassis set-ups.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The cars run leaner on the street than they do on the dyno from every car I have seen we tuned here.

A load bearing dyno, if set up correctly, I am being told will be the same on the street/track as the dyno. I hope so, this sucker wasn't cheap.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you didn't want a dynodynamics dyno?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Never even considered one.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now tell me it isn't exciting getting this new toy....!!!!!!!!!

I know I was happy..
Good luck man and great choice in Dyno's
See ya soon
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The cars run leaner on the street than they do on the dyno from every car I have seen we tuned here.

A load bearing dyno, if set up correctly, I am being told will be the same on the street/track as the dyno. I hope so, this sucker wasn't cheap.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
You will notice a tremendous difference when your tuning in steady state with this unit. 98% as close as it would be on the road.
Your AFR's will be right on...seriously it will make so much easier to tune ignition in the midrange and safely.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

does the mustang dyno show real time charts? can you see your hp and tq curve while the pull is being done?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
does the mustang dyno show real time charts? can you see your hp and tq curve while the pull is being done?
Yes you can read real time HP and TRQ. Steady state MPH and load.
That way your torque curve is optimal..
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

sweet
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Does the stock ecu do a better job "adjusting" to the higher load on the street vs the AEM/MAP set-up , or Both (AEM and stock ecu) will lean A/F's from the dyno(dynojet) to the street ?
thanks
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

The problem with anything you are tuning the car with is this, IF it is not set up to correct for lean or rich conditions then it is going to run the portion of the map that was built. When you tune on the dyno the car is loaded differently and runs in a different portion of the map then when you run on the track/road. (this is with a non load bearing dyno) This is why the AFR's are off.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

...... loaded differently and runs in a different portion of the map then when you run on the track/road. (this is with a non load bearing dyno) This is why the AFR's are off.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
10/4 , now get that dyno up and runnig
Old Jul 28, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

What model did you get. The one here can only handle 1000lb/ft of torque and saw that pegged with a turbo diesel.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

I could honestly care less about dyno'ing diesels, they smell I dyno'd my truck on my Dynojet and a few others but it isn't my concern on this unit. Matter of fact if the truck is very tall it won't even go in the door to the new shop with the ramp we put in to the building.

I have the MDIMP500, I think that's what it is. Measures up to 900 AWD HP and up to 150 mph. At first I was thinking the Dynojet I already had measured up to 1200 whp and 200 mph so I needed the same thing. After more thought about what we actually spend our time working on I realized we dyno in 3rd gear most of the time anyway so 150 was more than enough, even in 4th it is and that we never dyno'd anything over 800 on the Dynojet and it read high, so why spend another $20,000 on a larger machine?

This dyno should really work out well. Really nice unit, I am impressed with just about all of it. Two problems installing it. There are two large beams that run between the front and rear rollers. One was built 3/16 of an inch longer than the other, which screwed us at the end of the day. Ended up having to take most of the machine back apart and HAND GRINDING 3/16" of an inch off of a 6"x6" plate. THANKS for the grinding Ted! The other thing I noticed the tie down bars were centered on the dyno but not the rollers. I pointed it out and the guy from MD helping us install it said he didn't think it was right. After a call to the shop it was varified that it was NOT right. They offered to come out and put in new mounts and move it, but I think it is going to end up looking like crap if they do, so I may leave it.

The dyno ended up being completely installed by 5 pm. We started around 10am. Had the beams been the right length we would have been done by 2:30 or 3. Not bad, went very smooth. Our new floor was poured perfectly flat so we were able to just bolt in down with no shims or messing around. Ramp worked out perfectly, 18" thick concrete approach to the dyno, nice.

Electrician comes Friday to wire it and the control panel, we have to run an airline and then get trained next week. The manual for the dyno is just rediculous. I don't think I will ever learn it all. Hopefully I don't need to know all of it.

Looking forward to comparing this to other dyno's. May have to send a car or two over to the AWD Dynojet and then back to our place on the same days to see the difference.

The building really needs to get finished. Less than 2 weeks until the shootout and we have A LOT of work left to do!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 29, 2005, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Actually it looks like you have the MD 500 SE
SE for Single Eddy.
Congrats
Old Jul 29, 2005, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Dave, I am so gonna come to your shop now!!!!!! Been waiting for that AWD dyno! My friend Tony lived in Toledo and had nothing but good things to say about your shop.

Quick Reply: New Building, New AWD Dyno, New Chassis set-ups.