Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Emanage Ultimate question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Emanage Ultimate question

Did you guys see the new Greddy Ultimate Emanage. Its around $500.

The question is, I have the older version of Emanage (blue case) and want to know if its really worth upgrading to the Ultimate vesion.

Please anyone that has experience with them coment all the Pros and Cons of the swap.

Link to the description: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...age%20Ultimate
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting. I haven't had much like with eManage on the Evo and a turboed RSX. I hope this one is an improvement.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

for the time involved im not sure the emanage is worth wiring in another one of my cars, you can upgrade your current Blue to a Gold which is almost the same...i think i have heard of people doing this
Old Jul 15, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

i havent hear of any gold version this ultimate sounds very promising and only 550$ let me know your guys oppinion as it it easy to swap it since i have older version and can use same harness.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mikiblueeyes
i havent hear of any gold version this ultimate sounds very promising and only 550$ let me know your guys oppinion as it it easy to swap it since i have older version and can use same harness.
I think it ends up being about $755 with boost sensor and all harnesses. Still retains factory knock control which is safe.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

I know greddy is putting one on mine. I was suppose to get my car this monday but greddy was missin a harness. i will still get my car but with the old emanage in it. the new harness comes in three weeks, Can't wait. I don't know if these two are the same, egold and e-ultimate. i have seen a picture of the e-ultimate. but the thing I don't understand is when I spoke with them they were in the process of making the manual for the e-gold. I don't know how some owners of the e-ultimate is able to use it without any instruction.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Hey we should be getting a few of these units in the next week or so. There is not much info on on these as Greddy has not added the new version of the emanage to their website. This week though we will have an email with all of the info on it and i will make sure i post EVERY bit of info on it as well as pricing. I am very intersted to see how these units work as well.

If you want to send emails to sales@gnvmotorsports.com and would rather have the Emanage info sent there just email me or PM me and give me your email and i'll get you the info.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

From what I have heard, the ultimate will have an autotune feature when connected to a wideband and a bunch of other goodies. MOre info can be found here.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm curious to find out more about this thing... I wonder if they got the ignition harness thing straightened out so it can be used on an Evo..

Just be aware that until we know more about how it works, that you may still need a reflash to set the injector scaling, RPM limits, and MAF cut settings in the stock ECU.. pretty much applies to most piggybacks.. so I'm curious how this new Emanage handles that, or if it does.. Among other things..
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

i read an articles, it said it can control injector unlike e-manage control fuel with air flow sensor. it also have A/F setting. I read the an articles in Chinese... i only understand 60% part of it
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

I'm waiting to see how it works as well. I have upgraded my blue to gold, and the newest Support Tool software has a Boost Cut setting to limit the MAF, wbo2 logging, acceleration table, and injector scaling. The e-ultimate is supposed to add rpm limits, and a wbo2 auto-tune. It would have to be a whole lot better than the e-gold for me to spend the money all over again though.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 03:26 PM

The emanage was hands down the worst piece of equipment I have ever spent my money on.... Customer support (if you can call it that) is absolutely terrible, the unit itself is (the old blue one) had so many bugs it was ridiculous. I could go on and on, needless to say I will never buy another greddy product again that I have not already purchased.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

That was a helpful post...
Old Jul 16, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

once anyone installs one and use it, it will be nice to hear impressions and comparisons as the price/features of the new ultimate unit is really nice.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 992gnt
That was a helpful post...
It is to anyone that wants to purchase an emanage.... I had the "blue" model. The unit had an OLD version of the firmware loaded on it, the only way to get the newer firmware would have been to purchase the Profec E01 and it contains an update, or to use a yahoo group where some kind individuals uploaded it. I called Greddy for later updates and the first thing they did was basically ask if I bought a "copied" support tool set. I assured them (and it took awhile mind you) that I had indeed purchased a LEGIT Greddy software cable, and support tool. They then told me that I had the latest software (which was not true) and I had nothing to worry about. The unit looked to offer GREAT features for being only a piggyback, but as I mentioned before, the only support you'll get is from vendors since Greddy themselves can't be troubled. Hell their OWN tt'd 350Z was burning up coilpacks left and right due to the crummy bugs in the software It was a terrible experience, the unit now sits in my garage with the support tool, timing and ignition harness' in a box. The unit itself (if the bugs could be worked out) would be great, but only if you never need any support from Greddy themselves.

Quick Reply: New Emanage Ultimate question