Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GT35r spoolup answers here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2005 | 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

These forums do not recognize EMS data log files when you try to upload them, so we can't post the data logs here.

Keith
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
These forums do not recognize EMS data log files when you try to upload them, so we can't post the data logs here.

Keith
If you have some sort of picture this, capture this software on your computer to crop what you want and then save it as a .gif, .jpg, etc. and then post it here.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

the lag is not bad at all. beilve whut u want, stock turbo blows.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor

Keith
Nah, I'd either do a screen shot of an Excel plot or I'll post the text data dumped from the STL files.

BTW, what wastegate spring pressure is everyone running? I see Trina is/was using a .7 bar spring. Mine is currently a .5 bar spring. Eventually I'll move to a stiffer spring once I get everything sorted out. I'd also be interested to see how much of a factor WG spring has on spool and lag.

Last edited by propellerhead; Aug 4, 2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

ill try to have martin pop in here with some results. I can tell you from personal experience that his statement about 20 plus psi by 3600 on a 2.3 is completely true. As Ted B said there are so many factors that come into play in regards to spool.

Eric
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

I have now switched to a 1.3 bar spring pressure and did not seem to notice any difference in spoolup. Figured Id post that. I would show some logs but I didnt get any before the clutch starting slipping. Stupid clutches I really think alot of these people dont understand you could probably spool the turbo by 4k to 28psi using a drag style antilag. I would assume this would work whether you are sitting at a starting line or while in gear accelerating. You should be able to retard the timing a ton and make the turbo spool insanely fast but you wouldnt move anywhere until the timing map gets to a normal point.

I also dont think people are understand this is not a pissmatch... it is to give a good idea about spoolup. I have seen a few of these cars with turbos the same or close all with different tuners, some 'professional' tunes and some like mine, tuned by myself. They are all damn near identical. So sure.. go ahead and say you can spool it at 1k, it doesnt bother me at all but for the people that want to know true normal spoolup for a turbo setup this thread should help. I wish people would just let it be a normal post and not turn into the "I can spool my GT42r by 2k without nitrous aid and a stock block." Whoopie! I also find it interesting how my turbo set up and another posters are identical in spoolup even though they are two completely different cars with completely different tunes. Im sure that means it must be crap tuning though, lol. Im not claiming to know crap about tuning.. all i know is my car makes damned good power with my moron self tuning it. I never cared to try to spool it as fast as possible nor ever cared. I am pretty sure by making it -5 degrees timing from 1-3k might eventually kill the turbo pretty damned fast but hey, I could probably make stupid posts on how fast my turbo spools
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

if you guys want to email the log file directly to me at ebay@diamondstarmotorsport.com

I will pluck the info from the logs and add it to the sheets. Just please give me a bit of descrition in the email.

Agree with Trinababe. This is not a pissing match to say who's GT35r is better than anyone elses. It's also not a pissing match to see who makes the quickest spool.

The point of this is to get a good look at the AVERAGE GT35R OWNERS RESULTS. This is why it is important to get as many different cars/setups as possible. We can have some super aggressive tunes that spool fast that show best case. We will also have some pretty laggy poop like my SCM61 curves to show just how bad your spool can be in the worst case.

The other issue in my mind, is I would love to stop as much of the hearsay on Evom regarding spool and large turbochargers as I can. There are some pretty wild claims going around that are never backed up by data. As seen with the WR threads, all too often the best case scinario gets portrayd as "typical" and then hype factor even increases it further. Maybe this is why there are Evom users out there looking for "stock like spool" and GT35r power in the same thread.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by siQness
the lag is not bad at all. beilve whut u want, stock turbo blows.
I think most people here are going to believe the cold hard facts, proven by data logs etc. Not outrageous internet claims.
And stock turbos blow huh?
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
ill try to have martin pop in here with some results. I can tell you from personal experience that his statement about 20 plus psi by 3600 on a 2.3 is completely true. As Ted B said there are so many factors that come into play in regards to spool.

Eric
Can you get that quick a spool with a GT35r on a stock intake while using the Xede w/smart, cams etc? Or do you need AEM to do it with?
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

I am in the middle of changing some parts otherwise I would already have a vid up showing how fast a well setup GT35R spools. Every evo friend of mine that wanted a GT30 because of lag issues has changed there mind after driving in my car. I am sure many people have just slapped on a 35 without getting the proper supporting mods and I'm sure it was laggy as heck but that does not mean the 35R is laggy, that means their setup makes it laggy. My car spools so close to stock I can not even tell the difference and I don't spray it to spool faster. I have raced cobras with almost 700hp and they barely got a fender on me when we hit it and they have no lag and one was spraying and it's on video and I was not spraying or brake boosting of which there are many witnesses there to back me up on that as well so how much proof do you guy's want? Some of you guy's act like there is this conspiracy of GT35R owners trying to do a coverup or something LOL and let me finish by saying that this is my only car so if my 35R was laggy and unstreetable do you honestly think I would be going to the GT42R which will be happening soon, not to mention a very reputable company like AMS making false claims about spoolup.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:24 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolving-04
I am in the middle of changing some parts otherwise I would already have a vid up showing how fast a well setup GT35R spools. Every evo friend of mine that wanted a GT30 because of lag issues has changed there mind after driving in my car. I am sure many people have just slapped on a 35 without getting the proper supporting mods and I'm sure it was laggy as heck but that does not mean the 35R is laggy, that means their setup makes it laggy. My car spools so close to stock I can not even tell the difference and I don't spray it to spool faster. I have raced cobras with almost 700hp and they barely got a fender on me when we hit it and they have no lag and one was spraying and it's on video and I was not spraying or brake boosting of which there are many witnesses there to back me up on that as well so how much proof do you guy's want? Some of you guy's act like there is this conspiracy of GT35R owners trying to do a coverup or something LOL and let me finish by saying that this is my only car so if my 35R was laggy and unstreetable do you honestly think I would be going to the GT42R which will be happening soon, not to mention a very reputable company like AMS making false claims about spoolup.
Your the guy in SRVidz right? He has a stroker, but if you aren't him then I am assuming you have a stroker which will obviously spool faster. My lag is not unbareable and in 3rd gear on it's not even that noticable. I love my 2 liter gt35r setup.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fre
Your the guy in SRVidz right? He has a stroker, but if you aren't him then I am assuming you have a stroker which will obviously spool faster. My lag is not unbareable and in 3rd gear on it's not even that noticable. I love my 2 liter gt35r setup.
you have the AMS kit?
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yea thats me I know they were talking about the 2.0 but I saw they started talking about strokers so I chimed in.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Evolving-04
how much proof do we want? well, how about an abstract from one of your EMS datalogs. Just think, you can be the highest pisser on the graph then!

You have missed the point that we are trying to collect data, not your opinion of how fast your setup spools, what cars you can beat, or your technique for getting your wonderfull spoolup. We are all glad for you that your perfectly setup car spools great, unfortuatly that is not contributing to this thread, nor is it contributing to helping anyone make a decision that this size turbo is right or them.

By coming on here and saying "my GT35R spools so close to stock, I can't even tell the differance", your goind a great disservice to the Evom community without atleast backing it up with some data to prove your point. Some reasoning WHY your setup is spooling so much better would also help the people looking to buy into the GT35R craze pick the ideal setup. Or atleast will show them what it takes to get the results so they do not have unrealistic ecpectations.

As I said before, I want some best case data in there too. ***** in your court.

Last edited by DSMotorsport; Aug 4, 2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2005 | 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
you have the AMS kit?
Yea I have the AMS GT35R

Quick Reply: GT35r spoolup answers here