Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Did only 350 AWHP ruin my triple carbon clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told that the flywheel was or is glazed, would grab, not grab etc, real quickly leading to the shudder phenomenon ( I am guessing). I will know more on Monday. You dont say if you have a multiplate setup or not, but I guess that doesnt matter, maybe you have a flywheel glazing problem like me, and it can be checked out by looking thru the inspection hole under the tranny. (rubber cap/cover) they shouldnt charge you to do that I wouldn't think. anyone have any further info for YEVOVIII? I will ask my mechanic today for you, and see what he says, and I will post here your answer. You can "turn" the flywheel and problem is gone. I was told you can turn the flywheel 2X.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

YEVOVIII, get your car up here to INDY, i can have it checked/repaired for beans, I have connections!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Aug 18, 2005 at 08:45 AM. Reason: ...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you smoked. I guess Iwill try and do that inspection thing in the tranny. I s it easy to find? No, I do not have a multi disk set up but the clutch has barely any mile and it all started after the pedal adjustment. How far is INDY from Dallas?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

dont know the distance, if the clutch is that new, should have a warranty issue with the maker, or at least a warranty if it was not torqued correctly( install error). the inspection plug I believe is rubber, under the tranny, anyone have more specifics on the whereabouts of this plug? help us out!

Could the pedal be adjusted whereas the clutch NEVER fully disengaged, and led to you "riding" the clutch the whole time, and wore out the clutch surface? then its the speed shops issue, and they have to fix it! thats why they have insurance! I am just guessing here, but i bet the speed-shop installer would be glad to put it on a lift and check it for you (if they are reputable and care about the customer!
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Clutch is out and being carefully inspected by the fine folks at Daiken Clutch (exedy) should have report soon!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Early word from camp Daiken clutch (exedy) is it appears like an install problem, NOT a problem with the clutch! 2 Discs were still like brand new, and it appears I was driving on only 1 DISC the whole time. It was worn down to nothing! parts were
"painted" so the Mech. knew what went where, that is ALL was painted except the spline! this could be my bad!