Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RnR GT3076R...Unbelievable Product

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RnR GT3076R...Unbelievable Product

I want to start this post off saying I am not one who normally would pump someone up like this, but in this case I feel it necessary. I know the reputation that RnR has for customerr service and a few problems here and there with their kits. But I was definitely an exception to the rule. I purchased my kit in the beginning of June, during the group buy, and told Ryan I had to have it by the end of June. Not only did I get my kit before the end of June, I also had everything needed to install this kit as well. Only thing that was left out was a ruducer coupler for the 4" inlet on the turbo to the 3" inlet pipe. I called Ryan and had to the coupler in two days!!!! Ryan has been nothing short of unbelievable and this is coming from a guy that works in a customer service driven industry LOL!!! I know Ryan has a bad reputation in the past, but I really truely believe he is turning it around. Now on to the good stuff, the turbo kit!!!! I have driven it about 400 miles so far and the only thing I can say is (borrowing a quote from Harey Carey) "HOLY COW"!!! My car is so smooth and pulls harder than car I have riden or driven. I haven't had it dynoed or to the track yet, but will very soon. However, I do have something to compare it to, the guy that tuned my car has almost the identical setup but from AMS. His car has been dynoed at 430 on a dyno jet on 91 octane and I was told by him that my cars pull as hard if not harder than his does. The only difference in our kit is mine has the 4" inlet and external dump, but he has cam gears and I don't. Other than that everything is identical, so with that as the only comparison so far that is all I can give you. I should have the car to the track hopefully this Wednesday for test and tune. I can not wait to get it out there and turn the boost up with my race gas map. Sorry to be so long winded, I will have pictures up later today (need to clean her up first!!). Thanks again Ryan!!

Allen
Happy RnR Customer
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome man.....Ryan gave me a great deal on the same kit. He has answer all my questions and was willing to help me. Can you list your mods and post some numbers. I miss Colorado...left Buckley AFB in Feb....are you going to Mac? When does it spool up?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPEED
Awesome man.....Ryan gave me a great deal on the same kit. He has answer all my questions and was willing to help me. Can you list your mods and post some numbers. I miss Colorado...left Buckley AFB in Feb....are you going to Mac? When does it spool up?
Coudn't agree more, yeah Colorado is awesome not the altitude though LOL!! I will be dyoed at MAC on their AWD Dyno Jet. My mods are :

B&B TBE w/cat delete pipe
RnR 3" Inlet pipe w/HKS filter
Walbro 255
RnR 780's
HKS 272's
Hallman MBC
Turbo XS FMIC w/upper 2.5" Pipe
Turbo XS Minibattery
Forge Recirc BOV
ARP Head Studs
ACT Street Clutch
Beta EMS, similar but more advance than UTEC
RnR GT3076R Turbo Upgrade

Oh and I am getting full boost by about 4400 RPM, not bad at all considering I am at almost 6000 FT above seal level and on 91 octane.

Last edited by Turbo13; Jul 17, 2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice set up....good luck with the dyno. Let me know ASAP, this kit is on the top of my list right now...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

That kicks *** man! I'm still trying to work some bugs out. Had some downtime when the mani needed to be repaired buit it seems to be doing fine now. I'm not sure if Richie talked to you about using your stock FMIC to test and see if my FMIC is leaking through the badger hole from last year. One of these days things will be back to normal, I hope.

Last edited by stvbreal; Jul 17, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

i am enjoying my gt35r kit also.... customer service is great. i hope RNR lowers the price on the 2.4 l short block....i will be the first in line to get it!!!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Yup next summer I will be going 2.4L block and 40R. But for now this is more than enough.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
That kicks *** man! I'm still trying to work some bugs out. Had some downtime when the mani needed to be repaired buit it seems to be doing fine now. I'm not sure if Richie talked to you about using your stock FMIC to test and see if my FMIC is leaking through the badger hole from last year. One of these days things will be back to normal, I hope.
Yes he did and it is all yours Steve. Hopefully that works for you, I know you are very frustrated.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Allen. I appreciate that. I just need to use it for testing. Richie is stoping by today and we are going to trouble shoot a few things. If everything checks out then I am at a total loss. It just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by stvbreal; Jul 17, 2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Thanks Allen. I appreciate that. I just need to use it for testing. Richie is stoping by today and we are going to trouble shoot a few things. If everything checks out then I am at a total loss. It just wasn't meant to be.
Yeah let me know how it goes.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 17, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I been thinking about their 3076 kit for a while, but Im waiting for ryan/rnr to resolve my current problem with my tbe before I make any decisions. That manifold looks so sweet!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice kit im so glad that it went well thats AWSOME! guess what we fixed steve today hahahahahha he is a big boy now!

evoisdream
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice... get some videos going
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

kit looks good but it looks like your coolant line is actually touching the manifold. I would think that would head up your coolant temps just a little bit. This is the first kit I have seen and the quality looks really good. What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply: RnR GT3076R...Unbelievable Product